i have my problems

one of them is spending money to talk with a psychoanalyst…hoping that he will help me with other problems…
what problems do you have-------------

As part of my 2008 conviction the judge ordered me to see a psychologist for a period of time. I had to pay this idiot 25 dollars for an hour of ‘therapy’, and nothing ever came of it but his own realization that he was thoroughly confused. He had expected me to be some dipshit who would nod my way through his nonsense like so many of his other patients. In the first session I felt around his mind a little, asking about his education and degrees. Like so many other private practicing psychologists he was an amateur… lost in the first ten minutes. When I brought up the theories of Skinner or Szasz, for example, he got a little disoriented. That’s okay doc, we’ll just find some other way to waste my money while paying to see a shrink I was ordered to see because of a crime I didn’t commit. Let’s talk about music or something. What kind of music do you like, etc.

The effectiveness of a psychologist is directly proportionate to the complexity of the patient. In my case, he was in over his head.

Turtle, feel free to tell you problems ~ perhaps use metaphor for privacy, or pm those you feel you can talk to. You don’t need to spend money. :slight_smile:

Actually, talking about music or anything might have been helpful to him…to both of you. One never knows what one will pick up on… and how he might get to know you. If he was a good psychologist, caring and intuitive, knowledgeable when it came to human nature, a good listener, it wouldn’t have mattered that you seemed to know more than he did or was an amateur as a psychologist. Things do take time though. Do you think that I’m wrong?
So then, how did you eventually relate to one another. I’m interested.

I brought this up while Hobbs Choice was here, and he some merit in it. Let me refresh it a bit see if it is relevant. Here.

there is a link, some view it as close,some remote,some irrelevant, between philosophy and psychology.

Some people have more of a philosophical problem then a psychological one, derivation ally their problem is retro-regressive into deeper neuro channels.

They will be prone to seek Jungian analysis, <Jung was influenced by Nietzche, >, the depth attained can be ascertained by intuitive approaches more then analytical ones.

Logo therapy was thought up by a guy in the 40’s itilizong techniques, also existential analysis works best here.

In this scheme, the difference between neurology and psychology is at a minimum, and insight is the key.

modern Dkinnerian approaches nullify basic psychotherapy, because current philosophical approaches are applied, which do not see any merit in the idea of an ‘Unconscious’.

Without the idea of the unconscious, , not the collective kind, there can not be any meaningful revelations one way or an other. And behaviorism rules today, and behavior modification is hard work, most people are set in their ways, they must want to change their routine. meanwhile symptoms persist, therefore the focus on medication.

Wouldn’t you say that that takes trust, Amorphos. Not everyone on the internet is capable of spilling their guts, you know.
How would one go about using metaphor for privacy? You might actually need to be a poet or understand your own dreams or something like that. :mrgreen:

We didn’t. It was a stale mate. He had thought I was a dangerous, sexual deviant who might eventually progress to committing more serious crimes. Not me, not ever. He argued that what I did was wrong. I asked him why. He said because it was illegal. I asked him if it was illegal because it was wrong. He scratched his head.

There is absolutely no way this could become a matter of morals; there is no moral phenomena, only moral interpretation of phenomena. Now he has to deal with this circular reasoning; is it illegal because it’s wrong, or wrong because it’s illegal. If the former, then being illegal is contingent to a particular moral interpretation. If the latter, then being wrong is contingent to a particular rule or law. Stale mate. I shut him down in less than five minutes.

I then told him that if he were parked and a beautiful woman pulled up beside him in a car and started rubbing her tits at him, he would not hesitate to watch. Now then, could he then be a therapist for this woman had she been convicted and ordered to see him, and still have a clean conscience? Absolutely not. This fact makes him a hypocrite to reprimand me for what I did, because I could have instead been that woman for all intents and purposes.

Once that was settled we basically just wasted time chatting about stupid shit. I had to see this dimwit like ten times over the course of a year.

Whenever I have problems in life, I PM Carleas and talk to him. He never responds, but I know he reads them, and is supportive. I send him pictures all the time too for diagnosis, like the time I thought I had chlamydia, but it turned out it was just jungle rot because I wasn’t shaking it after peeing, and didn’t change my underwear for a month. The Icy Hot burned a lot, and bubbled, but it did the trick. I owe Carleas for always listening, in his own way.

Turd,

I would like to dissect your brain. lol

I’ll sometimes go to the park and PM a tree. That is sometimes very helpful to me and highly supportive.
What would you call that, Turd/

Oh, incidentally, and I wasn’t even thinking of you at all at the time, last night I got upset with Yoda for jumping my leg and scraching it (cats are such predators) and I accidently called him Turd.
That just gave me such a laugh.
Please know that I am not flirting with you here either.

Arc

I understand that people would want privacy, and so they could use other stories similar to their inquiry. Or pm people those they do trust and could help them.

Sometimes you just have to let it all out, but naturally there is a cost if you get it wrong. People are very judging ~ at least the wrong people are.

In fact that’s exactly how one can know who to trust, tell a story ~ completely made up, and if they judge then you know you are speaking to an asshole.

Ps. It pays to wear thick clothing with them cats around. I kinda like it when cats dig in, i test myself, let it just happen feel the love and the pain changes - know what i mean.

_

yes, so true, the pain of the burrowed claws , is nothing compared to the Essential desire of True love. not by a very long shot.

i am talking to my psychoanalyst about being kind to other people…it is very hard because I feel very angry at the way people are behaving…

How much are you paying this flake, turtle?

What would the G-bus do? He’d say, turn thy other cheek.

and my problem -----I think I am right

Why is that a problem?

The only problem it seems to me, is when one thinks they are right, but are always beset by doubt about that thought. Like trying to verify the rightness over and over, as to convince one’s self about it.

That can become a problem.

so I tend to argue rather than discuss

Right in your thinking or right in your anger?