morality

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: morality

Postby statiktech » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:49 pm

I haven't seen you present anything remotely resembling an argument. If you'd like to try that, I'd be glad to debate.
"Man is the animal that laughs at himself."
—Robert A Heinlein
User avatar
statiktech
SonOfABitchBastard
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: morality

Postby LaughingMan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:52 pm

statiktech wrote:I haven't seen you present anything remotely resembling an argument. If you'd like to try that, I'd be glad to debate.


That's because you don't have ears to listen especially towards view points that you disagree with.

Shew fly, don't bother me.
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

Image
User avatar
LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 pm
Location: FEMA Region V, U.S.S.A.

Re: morality

Postby statiktech » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:58 pm

See what I mean? Give yourself an extra special pat on the back from your friend Statik.
"Man is the animal that laughs at himself."
—Robert A Heinlein
User avatar
statiktech
SonOfABitchBastard
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: morality

Postby iambiguous » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:17 pm

statiktech wrote:See what I mean? Give yourself an extra special pat on the back from your friend Statik.


Please note. As promised on the What Are you Doing thread, I relocated your point about my tactics here at ILP to another [more appropriate] thread. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=186785

I welcome a debate about these relationships with you. Either there or here.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 22695
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: morality

Postby LaughingMan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:14 pm

statiktech wrote:See what I mean? Give yourself an extra special pat on the back from your friend Statik.


As usual Statik has nothing but hot air to offer in conversations.

Does anybody else want to debate my points?

Human morality is a favorite discussion of mine especially the lack thereof.
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

Image
User avatar
LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 pm
Location: FEMA Region V, U.S.S.A.

Re: morality

Postby statiktech » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:40 pm

You haven't made any points; just a bunch of bald assertions.
"Man is the animal that laughs at himself."
—Robert A Heinlein
User avatar
statiktech
SonOfABitchBastard
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: morality

Postby LaughingMan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:30 pm

statiktech wrote:You haven't made any points; just a bunch of bald assertions.


You on the other hand as usual criticize without making any assertions of your own.

Go bug somebody else. This shit of yours gets old.
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

Image
User avatar
LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 pm
Location: FEMA Region V, U.S.S.A.

Re: morality

Postby MagsJ » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Locking this thread until I review it to see who to issue warnings and bans to... you guys do know this is not the Rant House right?
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 16961
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: morality

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:15 pm

Back to topic. I believe this is a crucial statement.

Fixed Cross wrote:All races are fundamentally good. All humans are fundamentally, good.
Therefore conflict between good and good is good, and the end of a good being is good.
It is what keeps good from going bad.

In light of the recent political warzone thats been drawn open we can have at it again.
Do you still not see my point?
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Image

Thunderbolt steers all things.
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6986
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]