Men who are womanizers

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Helandhighwater » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:32 pm

gib wrote:
No, it is not. Natural selection is an environmental force that determines the life or death of an organism. Sexual selection is force coming from one sex (or both) of a species that determines whether an organism's genes will be passed on to the next generation. If an organism is not selected sexually, it can still live to a ripe old age and die of natural causes. Darwin first proposed natural selection as the mechanism by which life evolves. This was in Origin of the Species. In his next book, he proposed sexual selection because he realized at that point that natural selection was not enough to account for why certain genes get passed on and others don't. A gene that is selected for sexually is not necessarily a gene that helps the organism survive in its environment; it's just a gene that is attractive to the opposite sex. Likewise, a gene that is absolutely necessary for survival in an organism's environment will not survive into the next generation if it is not attractive to the opposite sex.


Memetastic.
"smoke me a kipper Skipper I'll be back for Breakfast."

Arnold Judas RImmer V2.0. AKA Ace.

"
Helandhighwater wrote:Feel free to tell me what happened today to your sphincter, and at length, I am very interested in your ass. Pun intended. :evil:

"
User avatar
Helandhighwater
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby gib » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Helandhighwater wrote:Memetastic.


I'll take that as a compliment :D
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

I don't care about income inequality, I care about the idea that there are people who have actual obstacles to success.
-Ben Shapiro

...we hear about the wage gap, the idea that women are paid significantly less than men--seventy two cents on the dollar--that's absolute shear nonesense--it is absolute nonesense--in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in America, women make 8% more money than men do in their peer group. That wage gap is growing, not shrinking.
-Ben Shapiro

We're in a situation now where students can go to university and come out dumber than when they went in. They are infantalized by safe space and trigger warning culture, the idea that interogating a new idea, coming into contact with a school of thought or a person that doesn't conform to your prejudices is somehow problematic, that it gives rise to trauma.
-Milo Yiannopoulus

Fuck your feelings, snowflake
-Milo Yiannopoulos
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8817
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Helandhighwater » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:27 pm

gib wrote:
Helandhighwater wrote:Memetastic.


I'll take that as a compliment :D


Richard Dawkins coined the phrase, and Dennet's use of it made it popular, it's a reference to genes but means any self replicating idea that takes root in society and is talked about at length in The Selfish Gene under his section about cultural memes. Which is quite apposite to men as womanisers and Darwin's meme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

The word meme originated with Richard Dawkins' 1976 book The Selfish Gene. Dawkins cites as inspiration the work of geneticist L. L. Cavalli-Sforza, anthropologist F. T. Cloak [12] and ethologist J. M. Cullen.[13] Dawkins wrote that evolution depended not on the particular chemical basis of genetics, but only on the existence of a self-replicating unit of transmission—in the case of biological evolution, the gene. For Dawkins, the meme exemplified another self-replicating unit with potential significance in explaining human behavior and cultural evolution.
Concept
"Kilroy was here" was a piece of graffiti that became popular in the 1940s, and existed under various names in different countries, illustrating how a meme can be modified through replication.[14]

Dawkins used the term to refer to any cultural entity that an observer might consider a replicator. He hypothesised that one could view many cultural entities as replicators, and pointed to melodies, fashions and learned skills as examples. Memes generally replicate through exposure to humans, who have evolved as efficient copiers of information and behaviour. Because humans do not always copy memes perfectly, and because they may refine, combine or otherwise modify them with other memes to create new memes, they can change over time. Dawkins likened the process by which memes survive and change through the evolution of culture to the natural selection of genes in biological evolution.[6]

Dawkins defined the meme as a unit of cultural transmission, or a unit of imitation and replication, but later definitions would vary. The lack of a consistent, rigorous, and precise understanding of what typically makes up one unit of cultural transmission remains a problem in debates about memetics.[15] In contrast, the concept of genetics gained concrete evidence with the discovery of the biological functions of DNA. Meme transmission does not necessarily require a physical medium, unlike genetic transmission.
Memetic lifecycle: Transmission, retention


Hence natural and sexual selection based not on genes but memes.



"Richard, Richard, Richard! Your preaching to the unconverted by which of course I mean the converted."

lol

"I've seen a ghost, that was weird, do you believe in ghosts?"

"I hardly think religion is comparable to ghosts!"

"Damn: free lunch?"

"The free lunch delusion?"

:P
"smoke me a kipper Skipper I'll be back for Breakfast."

Arnold Judas RImmer V2.0. AKA Ace.

"
Helandhighwater wrote:Feel free to tell me what happened today to your sphincter, and at length, I am very interested in your ass. Pun intended. :evil:

"
User avatar
Helandhighwater
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Pandora » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:09 pm

commentary wrote: Men who offer a genuine presence of reciprocity and involvement (using the terms you're throwing around right now) don't fair very well. It's SO ubiquitous to be the nice guy who doesn't get laid - to end up in the "friendzone". You hit the nail on the head when you said "not only won't you fuck me for it, YOU'LL PROBABLY BE TURNED OFF." I have seen men try to have THIS discussion with women more times than I can count, and the first thing you notice is that when they try to have this discussion, it completely turns women off, in many of the instances I've had such discussions with women, their number one response to it is "Strange, I've had lots of guys tell me the same thing.", what's interesting about trying to open this discussion with women, is that they immediately become uncomfortable and it turns them off.
Nice guys who don't get laid (or get pity sex) because they come off as too needy and desperate.
I said somewhere in these threads that women actually FEEL like dirty people for having sex with the right men, while men feel like dirty people for having sex with the wrong women... it's really hard to address an issue like this when the gender FEELS dirty for doing the right thing and is TURNED ON by doing the wrong thing. Male sexuality is not backwards to this extent, men are turned on by non-bullying women and men are turned off by bullying women.
Women can feel dirty by having sex with wrong men too (and by dirty I mean like a slut).

Lack of sex does not explain everything. You should also consider men who are GETTING sex (from their girlfriends or wives) and STILL have sex on the side by cheating on them, because apparently just getting it - is not enough. And this is what this thread is about, not being satisfied by having sex with just one woman. You claim women perpetuate evil by selecting bad boys, but what about the cheating/deceiving men who destroy their own families or lives of others around them with lies, just so they can keep getting laid.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Silhouette » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Pandora wrote:what about the cheating/deceiving men who destroy their own families or lives of others around them with lies, just so they can keep getting laid.

It's not exactly to keep getting laid in terms of quantity, it's the search for quality.
One source of quality is in variation (though not just variation for its own sake).
And it's not necessarily a rational search, more of a compulsive one. One is simply drawn to sexually attractive beings and it is exciting in itself to hit it off with someone who you have not yet won over. Uncertain, new, impulsive, in the moment. It's addictive, and the feeling is not just limited to men.
User avatar
Silhouette
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4010
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
Location: Existence

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby commentary » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:14 pm

Pandora wrote:
commentary wrote: Men who offer a genuine presence of reciprocity and involvement (using the terms you're throwing around right now) don't fair very well. It's SO ubiquitous to be the nice guy who doesn't get laid - to end up in the "friendzone". You hit the nail on the head when you said "not only won't you fuck me for it, YOU'LL PROBABLY BE TURNED OFF." I have seen men try to have THIS discussion with women more times than I can count, and the first thing you notice is that when they try to have this discussion, it completely turns women off, in many of the instances I've had such discussions with women, their number one response to it is "Strange, I've had lots of guys tell me the same thing.", what's interesting about trying to open this discussion with women, is that they immediately become uncomfortable and it turns them off.
Nice guys who don't get laid (or get pity sex) because they come off as too needy and desperate.
I said somewhere in these threads that women actually FEEL like dirty people for having sex with the right men, while men feel like dirty people for having sex with the wrong women... it's really hard to address an issue like this when the gender FEELS dirty for doing the right thing and is TURNED ON by doing the wrong thing. Male sexuality is not backwards to this extent, men are turned on by non-bullying women and men are turned off by bullying women.
Women can feel dirty by having sex with wrong men too (and by dirty I mean like a slut).

Lack of sex does not explain everything. You should also consider men who are GETTING sex (from their girlfriends or wives) and STILL have sex on the side by cheating on them, because apparently just getting it - is not enough. And this is what this thread is about, not being satisfied by having sex with just one woman. You claim women perpetuate evil by selecting bad boys, but what about the cheating/deceiving men who destroy their own families or lives of others around them with lies, just so they can keep getting laid.


You haven't read my other threads, if you had, you'd know that part of the reason the female suicide rate is so much lower than the male suicide rate is because men are more polyamorous than women are, which gives all women more optimism that they can have sex with any desirable mate that they may have their sites set upon. Because women are much less polyamorous, it actually puts a plug in the male reward system, like a glop a hair in your drain... women tend to be the most polyamorous when the male sexual peak is occurring, and during this age they give bullies the most sex and then tend to want to settle down with a nice guy who had way less partners than the women ever did. Because women become more monoamorous as they age, it completely destroys any possibility that women atone for what was done to males during their sexual peak, such that as life goes on, the non-bullies still got the least sexual choice, not only that, but the purest non-bullies, men who don't approach women or show attraction for them, because women complain about this and they are respecting female consent, don't get any sex during their sexual peaks, you CANNOT give someone their sexual peak back! BECAUSE men are more polyamorous, the suicide rates of women all over the world are decreasing relative to men.

Too needy or desperate? Have you ever met a nice guy? You don't think that douchbag who sits next to you and says hi with a smile isn't needy? And besides, even if there is a correlation between neediness and nice guys, it is because they experience sexual deprivation relative to assholes... (not only do women not experience sexual deprivation on the same scale that men do, the nicest women get the most sexual choice - so really, women have nothing to complain about to this regard) but in my experience, nice guys are the ones who will go years not showing any sign of physical attraction, no pressure, normal conversation, no sexual overtones, nothing that implies a sexual overtone (which is why they can sometimes be seen as acting strange by people who don't understand what they're looking at). I guarantee you the ones that seem needy are the ones that BY FAR get the most sex.

Women really have no clue what it's like to lose all of your sex to assholes, because men don't do that to them.. women also don't know what sexual deprivation is like because men distribute the sex more equitably amongst them, when you're dealing with men, you have 80% of them who only have about 20% of the female choice and variety, it's such high stratification that it's not something women can even comprehend, so they come in here and are like "Duh" "All you guys want is to get laid, there's more to life than getting laid." Try living in a gender that has an 80-20 rule and on top of that being in a gender where the nicest men get 0% of the sex. Try living in those condition before you go an about how men are so pathetic compared to women. The same things trigger both genders - sexual neglect - but for women - there is no sexual neglect - so it doesn't trigger them.
Last edited by commentary on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
commentary
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby gib » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Pandora wrote:And this is what this thread is about, not being satisfied by having sex with just one woman.


It's not a matter of dissatisfaction, it's that the whole monogamous/exclusivity thing in relationships isn't such a hard and fast rule in men's sex drive. It's like having dinner. One night you might have pizza, the next night chicken, the night after that a hamburger. If someone were to say "you must not find pizza satisfying seeing as you had chicken the next day and then a hamburger the day after that," you'd say, "No, the pizza was very satisfying. I just don't have the compulsion to eat pizza every night."

Keep in mind that men's sex drive and their moral compass are a little less connected than they seem to be in women. This doesn't mean that men don't have moral compasses when it comes to who or how many partners they have sex with, it's just that to make to decision to commit himself to one woman has more to do with a decision he makes for moral reasons, and not because his sex drive is now geared towards this one woman only.

Also keep in mind that to say that men don't mind sleeping with a variety of different women is not to say they're disinterested in love and romance and the emotional element that's involved in that equation. There's a difference between these things (what I call "chemistry" or "magic") and monogamy/exclusivity. I get the impression women find this hard to understand--that a man can be in love with several women at the same time without committing himself to one only.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

I don't care about income inequality, I care about the idea that there are people who have actual obstacles to success.
-Ben Shapiro

...we hear about the wage gap, the idea that women are paid significantly less than men--seventy two cents on the dollar--that's absolute shear nonesense--it is absolute nonesense--in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in America, women make 8% more money than men do in their peer group. That wage gap is growing, not shrinking.
-Ben Shapiro

We're in a situation now where students can go to university and come out dumber than when they went in. They are infantalized by safe space and trigger warning culture, the idea that interogating a new idea, coming into contact with a school of thought or a person that doesn't conform to your prejudices is somehow problematic, that it gives rise to trauma.
-Milo Yiannopoulus

Fuck your feelings, snowflake
-Milo Yiannopoulos
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8817
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby commentary » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:22 pm

gib wrote:
Pandora wrote:And this is what this thread is about, not being satisfied by having sex with just one woman.


It's not a matter of dissatisfaction, it's that the whole monogamous/exclusivity thing in relationships isn't such a hard and fast rule in men's sex drive. It's like having dinner. One night you might have pizza, the next night chicken, the night after that a hamburger. If someone were to say "you must not find pizza satisfying seeing as you had chicken the next day and then a hamburger the day after that," you'd say, "No, the pizza was very satisfying. I just don't have the compulsion to eat pizza every night."

Keep in mind that men's sex drive and their moral compass are a little less connected than they seem to be in women. This doesn't mean that men don't have moral compasses when it comes to who or how many partners they have sex with, it's just that to make to decision to commit himself to one woman has more to do with a decision he makes for moral reasons, and not because his sex drive is now geared towards this one woman only.

Also keep in mind that to say that men don't mind sleeping with a variety of different women is not to say they're disinterested in love and romance and the emotional element that's involved in that equation. There's a difference between these things (what I call "chemistry" or "magic") and monogamy/exclusivity. I get the impression women find this hard to understand--that a man can be in love with several women at the same time without committing himself to one only.


Your pizza, chicken, hamburger analogy is perfect. Actually, there's a study which showed that women have something called a 4-year itch, they were delving into the concept that monoamory isn't natural for our species.
commentary
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Helandhighwater » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:16 am

Fuck me.
"smoke me a kipper Skipper I'll be back for Breakfast."

Arnold Judas RImmer V2.0. AKA Ace.

"
Helandhighwater wrote:Feel free to tell me what happened today to your sphincter, and at length, I am very interested in your ass. Pun intended. :evil:

"
User avatar
Helandhighwater
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Moreno » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:46 am

incorrect wrote:I do think it's involved - I really, really think it's involved, moreso for my partner, and while I don't like it per se, I don't mind doing it, as long as I actually get sex. Frequently. It's what men need, Its what I need. 'For better or for worse' right?
You mean a marriage partner, sickness and Health...? My main Point was that I Think men tend not to notice how they are affected by sex as much as women are. They don't notice what they take into themselves from sex with someone they actually do not like.

I help out with the dishes once for the first time in forever, and you appreciate it. I get laid that night. I do it again, because I care about you, but you expect it. I don't get laid that night. I do it a third time, it turns you off - I'm doing something womanly, repeatedly, albeit to help you, and you don't fuck me. So I stop doing the dishes. You start complaining about me not doing the dishes, and don't fuck me.

this is the bullshit I don't need
Then you probably do not need a live in sex partner. Or you don't want to notice that you do.

if this is the bullshit that is a part of sex at a subconscious level (its not for me), whoop-de-fucking-do... just fuck me frequently regardless of my dish habits, because there's no right answer here
Hey, you might be married to a jerk, I don't know. But Before I took it as generalizing about women. Perhaps there is a real give and take in different ways, where you each actually acknowledge the other person as someone with feelings and some actions that indicate this also. And she is just a bitch. Or perhaps there is a way in which you see her as a hole and she sees you as a dick and a person. And so the dishes reminds her that she is more just a hole even though she sees you both as dick and person, and she gets pissed off. From this side of the planet I cannot judge. And I certainly do not Think that it must be the case that the dishes must be a shared chore.


Men don't think sex is a complicated newtonian phenomenon. Men just want sex, frequently. Women know this. They exploit this. THIS IS THE BULLSHIT. And womanizing might work better than dealing with this bullshit
Then womanize. Leave the monogamous relationship, do your own dishes in your own apartment or pay someone to do it or eat out and fuck women without all the (what you feel is) bullshit. If you do this and it works for you, fine. If it doesn't that means you've got your own bullshit and she was probably taking care of that and you miss it or miss someone taking care of your bullshit - whatever your equivalent need to be validated that you doing the dishes was for her.

But if you Think it is merely BS AND YET put up with it, the odds are she is doing your emotional dishes in some way you are not acknowledging. And you expect it and need it and she senses this and simply does it, because you are not just a cock to her.

Otherwise you should get out of the marriage, and possibly marriage to anyone, and live the Life that fits your needs.
User avatar
Moreno
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10305
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:46 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Innovice » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:01 am

And this is what this thread is about, not being satisfied by having sex with just one woman.


This doesn't show a concern for all men, but rather, the men who are typically found the most sexually attractive. Makes me question your motives. "Why am I attracted to cheaters?" From a man's perspective, hopefully that's not what you're really asking (but its a fucking-real-fucking-question). Maybe you want the question to be "How can I convince a cheater to stop cheating?". Good luck with that. But $10 says the answer includes frequent sex

Question yourself for a second. You're asking a philosophy forum [see: needy and desperate] about men who are (based on the assumptions of the OP) not necessarily needy and desperate.

Men who are in this position don't question themselves, they don't fucking care, they're getting what they want. See: They don't fucking care. Take your pick, the man who cares or the man who doesn't.

________

You should also consider men who are GETTING sex (from their girlfriends or wives) and STILL have sex on the side by cheating on them, because apparently just getting it - is not enough.


For what it's worth, every seriously committed relationship I've been in -> not frequent enough sex. (i'm also a single man in his mid 20's, take everything i say with a billion grains of salt)

Perhaps this is a question that SHOULD be asked to both the man and the woman.

You claim women perpetuate evil by selecting bad boys, but what about the cheating/deceiving men who destroy their own families or lives of others around them with lies, just so they can keep getting laid


This is a fair question, a man should be prepared to deal with this scenario, because women just don't need as much sex.. but it doesn't justify not fucking your boyfriend/husband, if it contributed it any way to this scenario. Perhaps this question highlights how much men fucking want and need sex. Its biological. Give it to him.

He needs sex more than he needs you. Even the ones who aren't 'needy and desperate'.

I respond with a question: Why would you fuck this man in the first place? There's no answer you can give me that doesn't place [at least some of] the blame on you. Sorry. You 'selected' the cheater

<aside>
Part of me wonders how often women strategically decide to not have sex with their husband so that they get frustrated, decide to divorce, and then the woman takes half of his shit, so that she can fuck some other man who might be more appealing, now that she has the money [his money] to take care of herself. What more could she want? She's got the security (from the ex-husband she exploited), and now the sex toy.
</aside>


Maybe the answer is really simple. Men view sex the same way women view everything but sex, and vice versa. It's the best i've got so far lol

Maybe one day i'll stop attempting to understand women
Innovice
Thinker
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby James S Saint » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:23 am

Sexual lust is not an inherent part of homosapian (male or female) but rather merely an aberrant result of sex's ability to cause a cathartic relief at which point it becomes much like an addiction. The cure is simply to create other means to cathartically relieve the anxiety and stop creating more.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby commentary » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:09 am

incorrect wrote: because women just don't need as much sex..

Maybe one day i'll stop attempting to understand women


There was a study done about women on average wanting (ideally) 4-5 partners in a lifetime and men wanting on average (ideally) 18 partners in a lifetime, studies I've seen on the horniness of the respective genders is actually VERY slim however, with men coming out slightly ahead. I think this is most attributed to the sexual neglect rather than men having a stronger sex-drive because the male side has such heavy stratification compared to the female side. The irony is, the average (perhaps some type of median is a better term) man probably has the females 4-5 partners and the average female probably has the males 18. Of course it's not some magic number, everyone is different... but it might help inform you more on this.
commentary
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby commentary » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:38 am

incorrect wrote: Perhaps this question highlights how much men fucking want and need sex. Its biological. Give it to him.


I think this is going a bit too far. My point is that sex is being distributed, and if so, it should be distributed by women in a very similar manner to how men distribute sex to women.
commentary
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Helandhighwater » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:44 am

James S Saint wrote:Sexual lust is not an inherent part of homosapian (male or female) but rather merely an aberrant result of sex's ability to cause a cathartic relief at which point it becomes much like an addiction. The cure is simply to create other means to cathartically relieve the anxiety and stop creating more.


Oh go forth and multiply James.
"smoke me a kipper Skipper I'll be back for Breakfast."

Arnold Judas RImmer V2.0. AKA Ace.

"
Helandhighwater wrote:Feel free to tell me what happened today to your sphincter, and at length, I am very interested in your ass. Pun intended. :evil:

"
User avatar
Helandhighwater
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Pandora » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:25 pm

gib wrote:It's not a matter of dissatisfaction, it's that the whole monogamous/exclusivity thing in relationships isn't such a hard and fast rule in men's sex drive. It's like having dinner. One night you might have pizza, the next night chicken, the night after that a hamburger. If someone were to say "you must not find pizza satisfying seeing as you had chicken the next day and then a hamburger the day after that," you'd say, "No, the pizza was very satisfying. I just don't have the compulsion to eat pizza every night."

Keep in mind that men's sex drive and their moral compass are a little less connected than they seem to be in women. This doesn't mean that men don't have moral compasses when it comes to who or how many partners they have sex with, it's just that to make to decision to commit himself to one woman has more to do with a decision he makes for moral reasons, and not because his sex drive is now geared towards this one woman only.



I don’t mean to sound like a feminist here but when it comes to controlling human sexuality for the purposes of establishing a social structure, the male needs have historically been given a priority over female’s. If male sexuality is naturally more noncommittal (promiscuous) then it would be more detrimental to the establishment of a stable family unit then the female’s. Right? However, despite that, higher moral standards have been assigned to female sexuality, while the man’s sexual moral standard has been more lenient and more accommodating to their natural inclinations. The system is self–serving, and self-defeating also. Think about anti-cuckoldry morals. A man expects a woman to be faithful (to make sure the child is his) while he is freer to fuck around with other women (who incidentally may also be in relationships and are expected to remain faithful to their own man). He tries to preserve the system and at the same time helps destroy it.

gib wrote:I get the impression women find this hard to understand--that a man can be in love with several women at the same time without committing himself to one only.



Yes, it’s hard for me to see it. I don’t think women can love more than one man at the same time, but maybe it’s just me. Don’t men feel like they are betraying one woman while they are with another? It’s like taking something from one to give it to another. There is only so much time and resources available. If you spread it thin and wide, the quality (of relationship) has got to suffer.

The harem system comes to mind, in which male natural sexuality and the need for structure are most accommodating - to male’s needs + social structure. I don’t see it working for a woman though who is now continually forced to share and compete for ‘her’ man.


commentary wrote:You haven't read my other threads, if you had, you'd know that part of the reason the female suicide rate is so much lower than the male suicide rate is because men are more polyamorous than women are, which gives all women more optimism that they can have sex with any desirable mate that they may have their sites set upon. Because women are much less polyamorous, it actually puts a plug in the male reward system, like a glop a hair in your drain.


Since women are less promiscuous, they are less likely to cheat while in a committed relationship. Women are also more likely to want a monogamous relationship to begin with, even young women, and that is because they have more to gain from a stable relationship.


commentary wrote: women tend to be the most polyamorous when the male sexual peak is occurring
Are you saying 16yr old males are the most sexually desirable? I don’t think so.

commentary wrote: Because women become more monoamorous as they age
Another untruth. It is possible and likely that women become more promiscuous as they gain more sexual experience and confidence. Female sexuality peaks much later than male’s.

commentary wrote: you CANNOT give someone their sexual peak back!
For women that may be so, but for men, there is always Viagra. There are a plenty middle aged horny Sugar Daddies going after young girls these days. Which actually brings me to another point: If you are obviously past your sexual prime and need to take medications to have sex, then maybe your need is not so much physical as psychological, and sex is the chosen way to satiate it.

commentary wrote: BECAUSE men are more polyamorous, the suicide rates of women all over the world are decreasing relative to men.

You keep talking about suicide in men due to lack of sex, but men can always pay for sex and have their needs met. Because men’s needs are so simple and straightforward they are more easily dealt with.

commentary wrote: Too needy or desperate? Have you ever met a nice guy? You don't think that douchbag who sits next to you and says hi with a smile isn't needy? And besides, even if there is a correlation between neediness and nice guys, it is because they experience sexual deprivation relative to assholes...


This sounds more like a self-esteem issue. One may think it’s a man vs. man issue, but I think it’s actually individual mind thing. Maybe comparing one’s self to assholes is what brings one down.


commentary wrote:Try living in those condition before you go an about how men are so pathetic compared to women. The same things trigger both genders - sexual neglect - but for women - there is no sexual neglect - so it doesn't trigger them.


But there is emotional neglect/abuse, which is more important to women then sex. Emotional infidelity is more serious to women.

commentary wrote:My point is that sex is being distributed, and if so, it should be distributed by women in a very similar manner to how men distribute sex to women.

You want men and women to be equally promiscuous? I couldn’t see why women would even want to settle down and raise men’s children under these circumstances. Maybe in some primitive tribal societies that is the norm, where all resources are shared and everybody raises everybody else’s children, and everybody is related to everybody and all are one big happy family. Image
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby commentary » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:02 am

Pandora wrote:I don’t mean to sound like a feminist here but when it comes to controlling human sexuality for the purposes of establishing a social structure, the male needs have historically been given a priority over female’s. If male sexuality is naturally more noncommittal (promiscuous) then it would be more detrimental to the establishment of a stable family unit then the female’s. Right? However, despite that, higher moral standards have been assigned to female sexuality, while the man’s sexual moral standard has been more lenient and more accommodating to their natural inclinations. The system is self–serving, and self-defeating also. Think about anti-cuckoldry morals. A man expects a woman to be faithful (to make sure the child is his) while he is freer to fuck around with other women (who incidentally may also be in relationships and are expected to remain faithful to their own man). He tries to preserve the system and at the same time helps destroy it.


I want to reply to this first since it is the most important, and I'll look closer at your other points. Being promiscuous does not make anyone, man or woman, non-committal. There are plenty of women who don't want anything to do with their children and so men raise them, men have just as much investment for raising offspring as any woman does. This stuff about 'commitment' which is propaganda for 'monoamory' and stable families is a lie! There are plenty of stable families where people are polyamorous. The reason men are more controlling of their women and they feel it's their inclination to not follow the same moral imposition is because women SEEK out jealous men, I have discussed this in other areas of this forum. They feel like the man doesn't "love" them if they aren't possessive of her sex.. it's a real psychopathy that most women have. Regardless, I have stated multiple times, this point and others which you have not even approached addressing, that because men are more promiscuous, the female suicide rate is lower than the male rate.
commentary
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Tyrannus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:21 am

User avatar
Tyrannus
Nihilistic Anarcho Primitivist
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:14 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby gib » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:25 am

Pandora wrote:I don’t mean to sound like a feminist here but when it comes to controlling human sexuality for the purposes of establishing a social structure, the male needs have historically been given a priority over female’s. If male sexuality is naturally more noncommittal (promiscuous) then it would be more detrimental to the establishment of a stable family unit then the female’s. Right? However, despite that, higher moral standards have been assigned to female sexuality, while the man’s sexual moral standard has been more lenient and more accommodating to their natural inclinations. The system is self–serving, and self-defeating also. Think about anti-cuckoldry morals. A man expects a woman to be faithful (to make sure the child is his) while he is freer to fuck around with other women (who incidentally may also be in relationships and are expected to remain faithful to their own man). He tries to preserve the system and at the same time helps destroy it.


I don't know enough about history to comment on this. My feeling is that whatever system was in place, it was more lenient towards men and their transgressions no matter what particular moral standard or law we're talking about.

Pandora wrote:Don’t men feel like they are betraying one woman while they are with another?


Yes, of course, but this has more to do with their moral sensibility than it does their sex drive. I mean, it just seems to me (and I could be wrong) than women's libido is a lot more affected by their morals and values, or what they think is appropriate or not, than men's. So if the idea of cheating on their partner seems offensive to the average woman, that sentiment is more likely to turn her off than it would for the average man--even though the average man may still find it morally offensive. IOW, the guy's just got to take a cold shower more readily than the girl.

Oh, and by the way, don't ever let a guy tell you he can't help it, that it's just part of male nature. Committing one's self to one woman ain't that hard.

Pandora wrote:If you spread it thin and wide, the quality (of relationship) has got to suffer.


I suppose, but the same could be said about friends. Neither men nor women typically say that if they're going to be friends with someone, it has to be exclusive. We can easily conceive of having whole groups of friends that share bonds with each other. But of course, male/female relationships based on love and sex are about a lot more than just the two people involved--it is (or can become after a while) about a family--that is, producing and raising the next generation. I think women tend to be more focused/concerned about this aspect of the male/female relationship, whereas men tend to remain back it the "friendship" style of relationship--just with sex and romance being involved when it's a female friend.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

I don't care about income inequality, I care about the idea that there are people who have actual obstacles to success.
-Ben Shapiro

...we hear about the wage gap, the idea that women are paid significantly less than men--seventy two cents on the dollar--that's absolute shear nonesense--it is absolute nonesense--in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in America, women make 8% more money than men do in their peer group. That wage gap is growing, not shrinking.
-Ben Shapiro

We're in a situation now where students can go to university and come out dumber than when they went in. They are infantalized by safe space and trigger warning culture, the idea that interogating a new idea, coming into contact with a school of thought or a person that doesn't conform to your prejudices is somehow problematic, that it gives rise to trauma.
-Milo Yiannopoulus

Fuck your feelings, snowflake
-Milo Yiannopoulos
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8817
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Helandhighwater » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:05 am

Tyrannus wrote:


I like you ty. Don't go changing.




And don't imagine you're too familiar, and I don't see you any more! I could not leave you in times of trouble, I'll take you just the way you are: don't go trying some new fashion, don't change the colour of your hair; I don't want clever conversation, I never want to work that hard..?
"smoke me a kipper Skipper I'll be back for Breakfast."

Arnold Judas RImmer V2.0. AKA Ace.

"
Helandhighwater wrote:Feel free to tell me what happened today to your sphincter, and at length, I am very interested in your ass. Pun intended. :evil:

"
User avatar
Helandhighwater
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Tyrannus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:22 am

User avatar
Tyrannus
Nihilistic Anarcho Primitivist
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:14 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Uccisore » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:16 am

What is this? I thought we were all done calling women who have sex with many different men 'sluts' and 'whores'. Shouldn't we also be done calling men who have sex with lots of different women 'womanizers'? Are we calling sluts and whores 'mananizers' now?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
User avatar
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer
 
Posts: 13279
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:14 pm
Location: Deep in the forests of Maine

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Blurry » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:54 am

"Mananizer", I like that.

It's fun to say, like "onomatopoeia" or "jiggle it a little, it'll open".
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
User avatar
Blurry
fuck
 
Posts: 4423
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:18 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby James S Saint » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:53 am

Blurry wrote: "jiggle it a little, it'll open".

I discovered that to be true of women long ago.
You just have to be careful how to jig-gle the gig-gle.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Men who are womanizers

Postby Moreno » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:05 am

Uccisore wrote:What is this? I thought we were all done calling women who have sex with many different men 'sluts' and 'whores'. Shouldn't we also be done calling men who have sex with lots of different women 'womanizers'? Are we calling sluts and whores 'mananizers' now?

This is of course right, but I do want to Point out that whore and womanizer just don't seem to carry the same degree of moral slap.
Promiscuous, while still a pejorative, at least focuses on frequency and scope. That would seem a fair gender neutral term.
User avatar
Moreno
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10305
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology and Mind



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users