What the... does this dream mean?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby MagsJ » Sun May 03, 2015 2:03 pm

gib wrote:I don't know what your dream means but the dog reminds me of the expression "let sleeping dogs lie". The blue might be a clue to whom (or what) the dog is.
...and the similar expression 'Don't trouble trouble'... something blue and troublesome perhaps :confusion-shrug:

gib wrote:The bird (was it blue?) is probably your dream re-working the dog image into a more appropriate device (it's like when we try to use a metaphor or an analogy to explain something to someone, and then we suddenly think of a better metaphor or analogy and start using that instead). If this is right, you might want to ask what the difference between the dog and bird were: one is fixed in place (i.e. stubbornness?) while the other is definitely mobile but still won't go where you want it to go (i.e. distractability/inattentiveness? Too much so to notice what you are trying to show it?)
...it was jet black, and was definitely a separate situation from the sleeping dog, but both situations annoyed me equally so.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18778
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby Orbie » Sun May 03, 2015 5:52 pm

A separate situation. Dream scales comes to reintegrate or try to different ideas, images, irrespective of time lapse. They are processes looking for relevance. it is a deep dark place, imperceptible and vaguely connected on some level.
When I was a kid,there was an enormously popular group singing various down home songs, called the Everly Brothers. The hadnanhitmout called bird-dog, describing the troubling nature of a girlfriend or sometime other.
In my life this image/hybrid/concept, has come up once in a dream where a transformation of a kitty cat into a roaring lion took place, and another time, when some conscious images surfaced during waking hours, between tiny black puppies , notably hellish ones, cute as can be, and actually helpers of a far greater evil ; and a mesmerizingly good bird, also tiny like a humming bird, near a bush. They did not interact, but the bird and the puppies were the only things in a vast conundrum of a lost night. M

The puppies were imperceptible , their presence could only be noticed from slight whimpering, but the bird was noticeable. There became a tension between the seen beings and the unseen, implying the presence of an unspeakable evil seeking atonement.

perhaps Your dream is such as this, a hidden effort at some kind of liberation from the effects of a discontinuity within the labyrinth of Your mind. The darkness You dare not enter for fear of, that which re-presents itself every night at sleep.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby Jr Wells » Sun May 17, 2015 10:36 pm

MagsJ wrote:Last week or so I started to reel off my dream to my sister one weekend day.. I cant recall which - As I went to my bedroom door upon awakening.. a light-blue coloured dog lay sleeping beside it in front of the standing mirror and refused to budge in spite of my shoves and protestations and pretended to continue sleeping, so I left it there pretending to sleep and went downstairs.

Upon entering the lounge I encountered a bird flying around the room, so I opened the garden door and tried to shoo it out as my sister looked on. She apparently hadn't noticed the bird and regardless of my pointing it out to her she did nothing to help but just continued looking on.

It refused to be shooed back into the great outdoors, and just when it was nearly out nephew number one appeared at the kitchen hatch and started chatting obliviously away and the bird tried to fly through it, and after what seemed like minutes of trying to explain the situation to him he finally acknowledged the scenario and happily closed the hatch.

The bird was shooed out, the dog remained sleeping upstairs, and I remained baffled by everyone's obliviousness to the scene I had encountered.

Are my family useless?

Best advice given to me once was this: You are everything in your dream.

So you are the sleeping blue dog, the bedroom door, the bird, your nephew, the outdoors, the lounge, your sister, your pointing finger, the kitchen hatch, the upstairs, the standing mirror, downstairs. When you look at it like this ... it makes a lot of sense. Would you agree?
Jr Wells
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:29 am

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby MagsJ » Sun May 17, 2015 11:07 pm

If that's the case, then I've got a lot going on in my life :-s

I'll think about that one and get back to you...
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18778
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby Jr Wells » Sun May 17, 2015 11:38 pm

MagsJ wrote:If that's the case, then I've got a lot going on in my life :-s

I'll think about that one and get back to you...

You have a lot going on in your dream.
No need to get back to me... it is your dream.
Jr Wells
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:29 am

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby Orbie » Mon May 18, 2015 12:01 am

Sounds like the looking glass self to me.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby Jr Wells » Mon May 18, 2015 12:36 am

Image
Jr Wells
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:29 am

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby Rilx » Mon May 18, 2015 2:14 pm

Jr Wells wrote:Best advice given to me once was this: You are everything in your dream.

So you are the sleeping blue dog, the bedroom door, the bird, your nephew, the outdoors, the lounge, your sister, your pointing finger, the kitchen hatch, the upstairs, the standing mirror, downstairs.

The advice is good but your interpretation is too literal. All emotions and feelings are yours but every image in a dream is not you. Emotions rise from relations between you and something else; there must be something else too.

For instance, the dog in Mags' dream can have been one of those oblivious characters which seem to have caused the overall content of the dream.
Rilx
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:47 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby Jr Wells » Mon May 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Rilx wrote:
Jr Wells wrote:Best advice given to me once was this: You are everything in your dream.

So you are the sleeping blue dog, the bedroom door, the bird, your nephew, the outdoors, the lounge, your sister, your pointing finger, the kitchen hatch, the upstairs, the standing mirror, downstairs.

The advice is good but your interpretation is too literal. All emotions and feelings are yours but every image in a dream is not you. Emotions rise from relations between you and something else; there must be something else too.

For instance, the dog in Mags' dream can have been one of those oblivious characters which seem to have caused the overall content of the dream.

I am not being literal at all. It is Mags' dream and I did not make any claims as to the relevance of the objects in her dream. Every image in a dream is the dreamer unless the dreamer believes in spirits (animal or human) that interact with them when they dream or that they believe they enter another plane of existence when they enter the dream world. I say this as some people believe this and I am not here to reject these ideas (I am open to discussion but others may not be that open).
Jr Wells
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:29 am

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:49 pm

I have been having a series of short dreams just before arising for the last few weeks, but can't quite remember any of them but one.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18778
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:34 pm

I had another series of waking visions a week or so ago... these ones were not cryptic at all, but I forgot to note them down, so cannot recall what the content was #-o

The only thing I do recall is that their sudden appearance in my head startled me due to catching me by surprise while I was in the middle of going to do something.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18778
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby Artimas » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:00 pm

I had a pretty crazy dream a few months ago too. Subconscious messages man..

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:07 pm

Do you recall what it was Artimas? oh.. and welcome back ;)
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18778
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby Artimas » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:15 pm

Thanks :). Well it started with me walking on this beach, there was a wall about two, maybe three feet tall right at the edge of the beach and the ocean's waves were crashing up against it, not too hard but small ripples. There was this little girl sitting on the edge of the wall looking down into the water, so I walked up to her and asked her who she was and I told her who I was. She said her name was Marcas or some name similar to that. I asked her what she was doing out here on the wall and she replied "I am fishing for pearls". So I said oh, that's pretty cool. She then handed me a black pearl and it was perfectly round and dark black, a bit shiny as well. So I was looking at it in my hands, I dropped the pearl into the ocean water near the wall on accident, right under where I was standing. So I decided to jump in to grab it because I saw it sinking to the bottom slowly and i knew if I let it sink there is no getting it back. So I jumped into the water and grabbed the black pearl real quick and then all of a sudden the ocean started pulling me out slowly and I started to go further out into the water, so I panicked slightly and began swimming as hard as I could diagonally trying to get back to the wall, eventually I got back to where I could grab the wall and climbed up. After that I was just standing there with the black pearl and I woke up. The little girl might have said something else when I got back onto the wall but I don't remember.

it was also very sunny out and what one could say a perfect day, blue skies. Water was nice, blonde sand, and tree's a bit further back in the distance, south of the wall i'd say. I guess one could say it might have been an island maybe? The little girl was either very tan, or not caucasian.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby gib » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:51 pm

Artimas wrote:Thanks :). Well it started with me walking on this beach, there was a wall about two, maybe three feet tall right at the edge of the beach and the ocean's waves were crashing up against it, not too hard but small ripples. There was this little girl sitting on the edge of the wall looking down into the water, so I walked up to her and asked her who she was and I told her who I was. She said her name was Marcas or some name similar to that. I asked her what she was doing out here on the wall and she replied "I am fishing for pearls". So I said oh, that's pretty cool. She then handed me a black pearl and it was perfectly round and dark black, a bit shiny as well. So I was looking at it in my hands, I dropped the pearl into the ocean water near the wall on accident, right under where I was standing. So I decided to jump in to grab it because I saw it sinking to the bottom slowly and i knew if I let it sink there is no getting it back. So I jumped into the water and grabbed the black pearl real quick and then all of a sudden the ocean started pulling me out slowly and I started to go further out into the water, so I panicked slightly and began swimming as hard as I could diagonally trying to get back to the wall, eventually I got back to where I could grab the wall and climbed up. After that I was just standing there with the black pearl and I woke up. The little girl might have said something else when I got back onto the wall but I don't remember.

it was also very sunny out and what one could say a perfect day, blue skies. Water was nice, blonde sand, and tree's a bit further back in the distance, south of the wall i'd say. I guess one could say it might have been an island maybe? The little girl was either very tan, or not caucasian.


This definitely sounds like a meaningful dream.

It reminds me of Turd's story about sleeping on the wall by the ocean in Hawaii: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144085&start=2825#p2553328

He even talked about a girl who wanted to sleep with him. The dark complexion of the girl in the dream might reflect Hawaiian ethnicity.

Have you been reading along in that thread or is this pure coincidence?

Anyway, have no idea what your dream means, but these are the items that I think probably have some significance:

* The name Marcas (or Marcus?)
* Pearl is black.
* Dropping the pearl by accident.
* Being able to see the pearl through the water.
* Getting pulled out by the ocean.

Also, the image of your dream looks a lot like the pic of Through the Looking Glass that Wells posted. Another coincidence? If not, and if you're not bullshitting, would you be Humpty Dumpty?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

I don't care about income inequality, I care about the idea that there are people who have actual obstacles to success.
-Ben Shapiro

...we hear about the wage gap, the idea that women are paid significantly less than men--seventy two cents on the dollar--that's absolute shear nonesense--it is absolute nonesense--in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in America, women make 8% more money than men do in their peer group. That wage gap is growing, not shrinking.
-Ben Shapiro

We're in a situation now where students can go to university and come out dumber than when they went in. They are infantalized by safe space and trigger warning culture, the idea that interogating a new idea, coming into contact with a school of thought or a person that doesn't conform to your prejudices is somehow problematic, that it gives rise to trauma.
-Milo Yiannopoulus

Fuck your feelings, snowflake
-Milo Yiannopoulos
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8817
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby Artimas » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:31 pm

gib wrote:
Artimas wrote:Thanks :). Well it started with me walking on this beach, there was a wall about two, maybe three feet tall right at the edge of the beach and the ocean's waves were crashing up against it, not too hard but small ripples. There was this little girl sitting on the edge of the wall looking down into the water, so I walked up to her and asked her who she was and I told her who I was. She said her name was Marcas or some name similar to that. I asked her what she was doing out here on the wall and she replied "I am fishing for pearls". So I said oh, that's pretty cool. She then handed me a black pearl and it was perfectly round and dark black, a bit shiny as well. So I was looking at it in my hands, I dropped the pearl into the ocean water near the wall on accident, right under where I was standing. So I decided to jump in to grab it because I saw it sinking to the bottom slowly and i knew if I let it sink there is no getting it back. So I jumped into the water and grabbed the black pearl real quick and then all of a sudden the ocean started pulling me out slowly and I started to go further out into the water, so I panicked slightly and began swimming as hard as I could diagonally trying to get back to the wall, eventually I got back to where I could grab the wall and climbed up. After that I was just standing there with the black pearl and I woke up. The little girl might have said something else when I got back onto the wall but I don't remember.

it was also very sunny out and what one could say a perfect day, blue skies. Water was nice, blonde sand, and tree's a bit further back in the distance, south of the wall i'd say. I guess one could say it might have been an island maybe? The little girl was either very tan, or not caucasian.


This definitely sounds like a meaningful dream.

It reminds me of Turd's story about sleeping on the wall by the ocean in Hawaii: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144085&start=2825#p2553328

He even talked about a girl who wanted to sleep with him. The dark complexion of the girl in the dream might reflect Hawaiian ethnicity.

Have you been reading along in that thread or is this pure coincidence?

Anyway, have no idea what your dream means, but these are the items that I think probably have some significance:

* The name Marcas (or Marcus?)
* Pearl is black.
* Dropping the pearl by accident.
* Being able to see the pearl through the water.
* Getting pulled out by the ocean.

Also, the image of your dream looks a lot like the pic of Through the Looking Glass that Wells posted. Another coincidence? If not, and if you're not bullshitting, would you be Humpty Dumpty?



No, I read nothing of the thread you mention, I did not even know it existed.. and I never seen any pictures of any of it.. I wasn't reading about any hawaii or anything either.. I don't remember her exact name, but it was like Marcias.. or something very similar to that.. it was along the lines of Marca or Marci though, it definitely started with an M and had "Marc" in it.

I didn't even know a wall around beach areas existed, I just assumed it was normal.. it wasn't very high up or anything, just around a 2-3 foot wall.. it was big enough to keep small waves down, but small enough to sit on it and still reach into the water and climb back up it if you fell in..

It's still the weirdest dream I have ever had so far.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:00 pm

I enjoyed reading about your dream Artimas.. it was like reading a fairytale book, which I used to read most days as a child, and the escapism was much sought... to me it read as something will occur in your life that will stop you in your tracks for a short while, but the favourable weather conditions indicates it will be something positive.

The child indicates innocence.

The pearl indicates purity/nature.

The weather indicates a good outcome.

I would say that you are reaching a turning point in your life.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18778
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby gib » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:30 am

MagsJ wrote:The pearl indicates purity/nature.


What does it mean that the pearl is black?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

I don't care about income inequality, I care about the idea that there are people who have actual obstacles to success.
-Ben Shapiro

...we hear about the wage gap, the idea that women are paid significantly less than men--seventy two cents on the dollar--that's absolute shear nonesense--it is absolute nonesense--in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in America, women make 8% more money than men do in their peer group. That wage gap is growing, not shrinking.
-Ben Shapiro

We're in a situation now where students can go to university and come out dumber than when they went in. They are infantalized by safe space and trigger warning culture, the idea that interogating a new idea, coming into contact with a school of thought or a person that doesn't conform to your prejudices is somehow problematic, that it gives rise to trauma.
-Milo Yiannopoulus

Fuck your feelings, snowflake
-Milo Yiannopoulos
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8817
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby Artimas » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:08 am

gib wrote:
MagsJ wrote:The pearl indicates purity/nature.


What does it mean that the pearl is black?


After the dream... when I woke up I looked up what a black pearl meant.. this is where I looked it up and found a meaning, but who knows for sure.

http://www.gem-stones.info/guard/black-pearl.html

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:39 pm

I saw the black pearl (pertaining to Artimas's dream) as being something rare/unusual as opposed to the more abundant white pearls, and that pearls are created through an irritant but evolve into something beautiful and sought-after.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18778
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:19 pm

I have had no waking visions in recent weeks, but the next ones I do have I will be sure to note them down, as they are quite odd things :shock:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18778
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby Orbie » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:27 pm

I have none either , recently, and it means, they are there but not significant.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby MagsJ » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:09 am

How very apt..

Hi Scorpio,
Here is your Daily Horoscope for Friday - Sep 4, 2015
Tomorrow | This Week | This Month
Have you been having especially odd dreams lately? If so, it's just a sign that you are going through a brief phase of confusion. Don't let disturbing images at nighttime distract you from what you need to take care of in the daytime. Instead, ignore your night visions and get some order back in your daily routine. Once you focus on your conscious life more closely, your unconscious life will get back in line. Base your actions on what you want -- not on what you fear. More »
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18778
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby MagsJ » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:59 am

The occasional night visions still persist.. creating a mosaic of images and emotions that don't seem to have a clear meaning - they are too abstract to be memorable.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18778
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What the... does this dream mean?

Postby gib » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:18 am

Hi Scorpio,
Here is your Daily Horoscope for Friday - Sep 4, 2015
Tomorrow | This Week | This Month
Have you been having especially odd dreams lately? If so, it's just a sign that you are going through a brief phase of confusion. Don't let disturbing images at nighttime distract you from what you need to take care of in the daytime. Instead, ignore your night visions and get some order back in your daily routine. Once you focus on your conscious life more closely, your unconscious life will get back in line. Base your actions on what you want -- not on what you fear. More »


Funny, this reminded me of Bible thumpers looking to the Good Book for some guidance or inspiration. Some of them have this game where they flip through the Bible at random and pick a passage. Whatever that passage says, they commit themselves to interpreting it as the answer to their question (or problem, or predicament, or curiocity, etc.).

I'd say at least 50% of this process is invention. You'd have to invent at least half the solution to your problem if you're going off something as arbitrary as a random passage from the Bible or a horoscope--at least half.

But this is not meant to denigrate such a process--this is probably why it works so well. The horoscope/Bible provides the inspiration you need to get your creative juices flowing, and from there you must take over and finish the job, being in the best position possible for this task seeing as how only you know yourself well enough to understand you're current life dilemmas, your history and background, your mental proclivities, etc.

MagsJ wrote:The occasional night visions still persist.. creating a mosaic of images and emotions that don't seem to have a clear meaning - they are too abstract to be memorable.


Is it as disturbing experience? An exilerating one? Neutral?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

I don't care about income inequality, I care about the idea that there are people who have actual obstacles to success.
-Ben Shapiro

...we hear about the wage gap, the idea that women are paid significantly less than men--seventy two cents on the dollar--that's absolute shear nonesense--it is absolute nonesense--in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in America, women make 8% more money than men do in their peer group. That wage gap is growing, not shrinking.
-Ben Shapiro

We're in a situation now where students can go to university and come out dumber than when they went in. They are infantalized by safe space and trigger warning culture, the idea that interogating a new idea, coming into contact with a school of thought or a person that doesn't conform to your prejudices is somehow problematic, that it gives rise to trauma.
-Milo Yiannopoulus

Fuck your feelings, snowflake
-Milo Yiannopoulos
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8817
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology and Mind



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users