Philosophical quotes that inspire...

Preferring to read thought-provoking/inspiring quotes from the greats from our history books rather than reading books on the greats themselves… I now declare this thread open.

Interesting.

That which inspires one may very well depress another.
And that which depresses one may very well inspire another.
So accept the good and let the bad be good elsewhere.

• James S Saint.
    :wink:

To some people, within every older woman, there is a most charming young woman
…hiding right behind those eyes
…just behind that attitude
…shortly before those experiences
…not seriously believing those thoughts,
thinking that she is hopelessly hidden from view.

And with all of God’s creations in mind, there has never been anything more cherishable than that charming young girl, still there, still doubting yet still subtly hoping, still as real as the day she was born.

If knowing is to be possible as a way of determining the nature of the present-at-hand by observing it, then there must first be a deficiency in our having-to-do with the world concernfully. When concern holds back from any kind of producing, manipulating and the like, it puts itself into what is now the sole remaining mode of Being-in, the mode of just tarrying-alongside. In this kind of ‘dwelling’ as a holding-oneself-back from any manipulation or utilization, the perception of the present-at-hand is consummated.”
― Martin Heidegger

I do this one often, but others don’t take kindly to it none… 8-[

Very apt. for all those discussions on truth…

I’ve been saying this since I was a younger, but replace soul with ego for my version…

Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.
Francis Bacon
shivers…

“My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I am ferocious. I want his heart. I want to eat his children.”

----Mike Tyson, before fighting Evander Hollifield, I think

[size=85]so that’s the way you flow? :stuck_out_tongue:
Muhammed Ali to me is a true hero.[/size]

If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it - then I can achieve it.”
― Muhammad Ali
The Soul of a Butterfly: Reflections on Life’s Journey
:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

Lao Tsu

Confucius

“Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do” - Jesus of Nazareth