Philosophical quotes that inspire...

“If we are not a little bit uncomfortable everyday,we are not growing. All the good stuff is outside our comfort zone”-Jack Canfield

This quote really inspired me.Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.Hard work is the key to success. A happy childhood isn’t always the best preparation for a successful and enjoyable adult life.

Let us not throw the baby out with the bathwater, Jack Canfield.
Some of that good stuff is still within our comfort zone.

But I realize what he meant.

My translation: “The modern world … will turn out to be a time in which the wishes teach fear when they come true.”

My translation:
“At the end, nevertheless, we depend, on the creatures which we made.”

My translation: “The human is an animal that needs an education.”

We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.

Marcus Aurelius

Aye!!!

Arc : may PM something pressing re: Marcus Aurelius in the near future. It may be beyond the scope of posting here, and irrelevant objectively.

“We know more then we can tell”

Michael Polanyi

“I dont sing because Im happy, Im happy because I sing.”

(William James)

I await it with bated breath, Meno.

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

• Epicurus

:sad-teareye:

The cosmos would be fairly chaotic if its laws could not operate without the sanction of human belief.

© Sri Yukteshwar

Yo Epi, but was it wrong to hope for it in the first place?? Maybe you wouldn’t have had it if you dint desire it dude.

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.

Arc, this is a general answer, for what I originally intended, on review, it is beyond scope: waiting for a more opportune moment

You Epi lol. You made a good point here I think. Perhaps Epicurus was speaking more about hedonism here ~ too much desiring, too much over-the-top hoping. When we focus too much on what we do not have, we lose focus and the truth of what we do already have.

I do not think that hoping for something is necessarily wrong unless we are wasting time and energy on something which we, on some level, know that we can never have but we choose to ignore the truth of it.

But I do intuit that there is such a thing as too much hope and not enough going after

I think that Epi was basically talking about balance here…the epicurean as opposed to the hedonist…the fine balance of enjoying perhaps something lesser but good now as opposed to craving it all and not appreciating THIS moment.

“Don’t kneel. Never kneel.”

• Marcus Bakker

“I think, therefore I am”

I cleave the heavens and soar to the infinite.
And while I rise from my own globe to others
And penetrate ever further through the eternal field,
That which others saw from afar, I leave far behind me.

• Giordano Bruno

“I may not always come when you call, but Im always on time.”

The Convo

“People are like dirt. They can either nourish you and help you grow as a person or they can stunt your growth and make you wilt and die.”

Plato

Something to ponder. lol