Prophetic dreams

I’m not in the habit of having prophetic dreams, but one has always stuck in my mind from when I was at boarding school. I dreamt I was crawling through the rubble of destroyed buildings on my hands and knees, with bricks, broken glass, wood splinters, nails etc. cutting into my flesh, and I was choking on dust.

I came home not long after that (possibly the very next day, though I can’t remember for sure, I know it was the end of term, anyway), and a few days later a tornado struck my home town, destroying buildings and ripping everything up in its path, one of the worst such incidents recorded in the UK. Our house was not in its direct path but was only about a mile away.

Unlike most dreams we think are prophetic afterwards, I had actually mentioned this dream to a friend before the tornado struck.

Can this sort of thing be coincidence or is it possible that sometimes, more or less at random, we can pick up “echoes” or “ripples” from future events, particularly if they have some personal resonance for us?

All Depends on ones perceptions of dreams I suppose.

i have had plenty of those but your explanation is very unlikely. far more likely is that your brain saw it as a possible situation that you might encounter with in the future, “fear”. dreams have that function. this might just be your brain being more active during that day.

Seems just as plausible that it was a phrophetic dream…like I said it’s all based on what ones preconception on it are.

Dreams can prophesy , but, you must eliminate outside sources. A strong storm will be broadcasted days in advance. Chances are very good you heard about it via school staff, radio or TV. Dramatic adults can easily implant ideas into young minds without that kid realizing it. Stress and worry can come out in a sleeping mind in the form of dreams. Unless you can eliminate the above with 100% certainty your dream was only prophesizing probable outcome.

I mean it’s already been shown that our bodies can predict the weather, some people will get a shaky knee when a storm is coming for example.

I had a dream I was part of a chain gang, prisoners let out to pick up trash on the side of the highway. During our detail, I find a gun and me and this other prisoner use it to escape.

Three months later I’m working as a landscaper (in real life). Except it’s the winter, so my boss had me doing random jobs, like clearing brush from a gas line that ran alongside the highway. Eventually me and some co-workers found a handgun somebody had tossed from a car. I had the gun in my hands, inspecting it for a while, since I had never held one. I then looked behind me, down the highway and a prison van had just pulled up and a bunch a orange jumpsuit prisoners started working.

The feeling I got was incredible, even though I was so far from understanding why, it still felt like the universe was talking to me.

When I was a kid, I had the same dream over and over again. I would be in a cave, jumping on a trampoline, and with each jump I’d get higher and higher, with an increasing sense of anxiety, then eventually I’d get so high I’d lose control, miss the trampoline on the way down, and keep falling until I got into another cave which was like a child’s view of hell. It would freak me out and I’d wake up afraid to stick my hands and feet off the sides of the bed and I’d just stay up the rest of the night. I really only ever had about 2 or 3 other dreams that I’ve remembered after waking up, and none of them were recurring, but I killed someone in both of them, both times plainly in self defense.

Nowadays I keep myself so loaded with pot, that I think it’s virtually impossible to dream and remember it in the morning. Pain killers can bring on the dreams, but enough weed will keep them at bay for the most part. I think these things have led to my insomnia and my infantile avoidance of sleep. I literally never get in the bed to go to sleep. I pass out where I’m sitting however late it might be, wake up, go to bed and get up in the morning not remembering going to bed every day.

Weird stuff I think, but it’s all good.

As far as I can remember, this tornado was a total surprise to everyone, at least until the day of it happening. They’re very rare in the UK.

The storm would have been announced as having tornadic activity at least a few days in advance. The surprise would be in it actually happening due to rare conditions.

I’m still waiting for someone to comment on my above example, because I think it differs from intuition about the weather.

They are almost unheard of in the UK so no one was expecting it.

That sounds like a genuine prophetic dream.

Dreams can prophesy. I have had my own after eliminating outside information.

It made life seem even more mysterious to me, as if it wasn’t already so. It felt like a privaledge to experience it. A lot of people have exciting lives, traveling and such, and yet stuff like my dream never happen to them once.

Ok not to be rude but, Bull, science on weather is better then that. It was a definate probability. You obviously do not recall it but, it has to be in records online somewhere.

It is, it was all over the news. No one was expecting anything like it. Weather in England just doesn’t behave like that.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west … 725279.stm

many things are “possible” in a trivial sense. but you’d have to describe some sort of mechanism by which this would be possible, and a whole lot of other stuff would have to be false for you to be right

In November I had a dream. I don’t remember what it was about, but at the end, a voice clearly said “you will be dead in 3 months”. I awoke immediately. It’s scary enough to tell people, and I pray that it is not prophetic.

Why would I have to describe some sort of mechanism to make it possible? It is not our responsibility to work out the physics behind something we happen to know to be true from experience.