Unbearable Ambition

If attaining a goal is sad, then I say cry beautiful tears. I too have felt this feeling, once the mountain is reached, what then is there to do? Simply relax and enjoy the view. Masculinity is a striving for goals, it exists as a result of some feminine desire.

Ultimately, yes. But there are different types of goals. Imagine a goal that is itself a bringing of a new goal-setting; extreme example, space travel. The first man in space represented both the attainment of a goal, and the opening up of a vast new field aims and desires. That is the type of goal on which I have become focussed.

I agree that this means the inserting or recognizing of a feminine element in the willing, and that this has been underwriting the masculine willing all along - it is when the man has reached a certain weariness with his incessant goal-attaining that he can admit to some enjoyment. It is a matter of worthiness - only when he is tired does a man know for certain that he might have done something.

A simpler way of saying this is that at the end of some real work he is too tired to question himself.

Aristocracies are really a culture of perpetual languidness, endless getting-ready to do the dreadful thing itself, which then becomes a reward of those preparations. I think women are more and more taking over this roll. In Nietzschean tastes, they need to transform from ever-tense tigers to lionesses.

That is,because goals and the objects of these goals have often unrecognizable tie-ins. They effect each other, usually casually traveling toward less and less area of specificity, more and more generality of association, inversely following an upwrd, rather then a downward course.

After a while an automatic nervous system takes over and takes over the compass and the rudder of goal setting In the specific sense. A new pardigmn model forms, until the highest is in sight, whereby slowly, the sadness will ebate.

Wait, back up a little bit there,

what is the object of a goal?

The concept of a goal does not imply that the goal itself is goal-setting.
Im sure Aristotle went over this. Im not sure he was able to make sense out of it.

No, Aristotle’s couldnt, or wouldn’t. His object-ive, or goal were not differentiable , he could not have fathomed the difference between objectives from goals.

Like all forerunners he was defining that of which language structure have not been laid bare.

People set unrealistically high goals when they find it difficult to accept reality as it is.
You can also say when they cannot tolerate what is unpleasant.
I think this is known as overcompensation in psychology.
For example, you’re physically weak, and because physical weakness implies certain negative consequences, many of which are social, you decide to set a goal of becoming strong within an unrealistically short period of time.
The more you feel like a loser the more you want to be the opposite of that.

It’s nice to be something better than what you already are, so it’s a nice thing to set a goal to become something better.
But you have to be realistic.
You have to respect the amount of time that is necessary to attain your goal.
Otherwise, you’re going to procrastinate and very likely even hurt yourself.
If you don’t slow down when it’s necessary to slow down, you’re gonna crash.

I think you’re the type of guy who is exclusively focused on end-goals and who ignores all the work that is necessary to do in order to attain these goals.
Which is why you never achieve anything.
The material you’re made of is nearly one hundred percent hype.
You enjoy imagining yourself being something way better than what you already are.
You enjoy positing ambitious goals but you never do anything to attain them which to me indicates that you do not enjoy the process.
You only enjoy the benefits of the process.

Well put.

However literacy and literally interpreted goals lead to the philosophically oriented man,where the paradigms of goals overshoot the expedient of getting there.

Philosophy is so impractical, that to those that love it, far fling goals of attainment preclude ways of getting there
It is practically a different way of thinking about reality to begin with. It rarely confirms to convention. Even interjection don’t necessarily follow convention.

Magnus, you dont think. Weve been over that. You troll. Me.
Besides that you dont really seem to do much.

No offense but i think that means these people you have in mind dont practice real philosophy.

I and my type, we tend to accomplish what we set out for.
But indeed, were a bit more … accomplished than average, to say it euphemistically.

Still, consider rank. Not everyone is Fixed Cross, to coin a phrase.

Yes, of course, You’re correct,but I have always used caution with views not exactly to correspond to the type in question. When talking about Aristoteles’ efforts to understand the notion of literacy for its own sake, one would have to be able to demonstrate that formal or essential goals are not so far away enough from an idea more than a concept, as the theory of forms, may attempt to be an ntermediary toward it as substantial or material.

That this position can withstand the criticism that Magnus attributes toward prioritizing the objective over the goal is met very nicely by You, insofar as it goes.

You are extremely defensive.
Typical of insecure people.
Which makes it impossible to communicate with you.
You simply do not enjoy anything that does not conform to your beliefs.
So you have no choice but to see everyone disagreeing with you as nothing but trolls.

And exactly what “type” would that be?

The lust to be insanely powerful, is powerfully insane.

Orbie - it is also a sign of my power that about half the people on this site keep coming into my threads to talk to me and about me, even on other sites.
Magnus and James are identical in this respect. Symptoms of my power, not entities anymore. Since about 3/4 years they have lived exclusively in terms of what I give them to get excited about.

You can see how power corrupts; :wink:

Dont just stop at one but instead try and conquer as many as you can

Striving never ends for it is a continuous work in progress as perfection can never be attained
But becoming less imperfect is possible and so that should be the goal one sets out to achieve

Egocentric delusions, blind to the altruistic endeavors of others to try to help the otherwise helplessly bemused and misled dreamers of their own grandeur.

Dali is a good role model for those who do not mind a bit of artistic hyperbole

Aren’t intrically woven and constructed castles ok to build practically from nothing, as long as You do not cast the first stone, and even if made out of the same kind of durable stuff that even a metamorphosed being can inhabit?

Examples of such are bugs like caterpillars, philosophers of the ultimate kind, waltzing types like r.Strauss, and many others who do not make their living off change, in fact they could not even if they wanted to because of the way they are made, dreamers whose only vocation consists of chasing away nightmares, of boys who remain boys who constantly stare of of Windows at school, instead looking at the clock for relief that never comes, and then the hopelessly romantic.

I don’t come to you. Rather, you come to me. Because you need me. And by me I mean my attention.
Then you get angry because you don’t get the kind of attention that you want.

What do you want me to do?
Agree with you?

But how can I when your fundamentals are wrong?
You don’t agree that the right way to make decisions is by siding with what is realistic (i.e. most probable, most likely, etc.)
Instead, you think that decisions should be grounded in desire (i.e. emotion, instinct, motivation, ambition, etc.)

You desire power THEREFORE you have power.
Seriously?

All you have to do in life is simply have a strong desire.
Everything else will take care of itself.

Even your delusion of that can be easily remedied.

How many people are practicing RM nowadays?