"Mental" Illness: The Future of Treatment

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: "Mental" Illness: The Future of Treatment

Postby anand_droog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:Mental illness ... always a condition of society, or of family or of whatever type of irrational resistances to power a human environment has. Mental illness does not occur in the wild. Rather, it is a beings escape into the wild from the insane conditions of humanity.

Agreed, domestication is the problem...

Though you seem to be ascribing more weight to "power" than is warranted.

To me the only valid power is the power to defend (by offense, if required) the efficiently-resource-exploiting people of logic against the vulgar attacks opportunistically mounted by the inefficiently-resource-exploiting people of absurdity.

The latter are rightly called "barbarians" or "peasants" and hated by the evolved thinkers of in fact, all lands. I myself come from India though I admit that here, traditionally at least if not so much today, barbarians often had their way.

Things are usually better here than in France or Italy, however... thinkers are not troubled.

PS: Geographically, the general extent of thinkers' hardship, which characterizes overly barbarian cultures, is roughly proportional to the contours of this graph:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Worl ... s-laws.png
Last edited by anand_droog on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
anand_droog

Postby James S Saint » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:02 pm

anand_droog wrote:To me the only valid power is the power to defend (by offense, if required) the efficiently-resource-exploiting people of logic against the vulgar attacks opportunistically mounted by the inefficiently-resource-exploiting people of absurdity.
:lol:
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Ierrellus » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:21 pm

I never knew mental illness could be so noble as to be an antidote for social ills. :o :D
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Excepting for those bereft of any other way to try to manipulate the bad cards dealt them. Or if that doesent work, convergence to Munchausen.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:MagsJ is certainly an architect in the sense of moderation - she knows how things fall into place.

Architecture isn't as simple as you think it is, James - my point all along.

I am firm but fair. Have you seen the updated forum warning system? a system that works for everyone :D

James was pulling 'a Turd' on me.. I nearly fell for it, but quickly knew that that rhetoric was not James's style one bit.. even though he played it straight till the end. :P I wonder what you're poker face looks like James? :-k
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby anand_droog » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:13 am

Ierrellus wrote:I never knew mental illness could be so noble as to be an antidote for social ills. :o :D

Well, it will be, in this case, the atypical type of "illness" (the opposite typical would be, depression, dementia progression etc. i.e. neuropyrosis)

Probably a legitimate behavioral style pathologized and branded an "illness" by the mainstream illogicians (who are so given to fulsomely spinning academicistic prose to "prove" themselves wise, e.g.: the idea that "gray matter" equals intelligence, whereas the fact is that increased gray matter, though indeed it may lead to situations where one can "win" over others who had by mistake assumed the former their friend, -- merely corresponds to increased risk of neuropyrosis*.

* http://www.djedefsauron.net/index.php?o ... Itemid=125

Thus we have defined in this post a typical form of mental illness, and a pseudo-illness, which is actually a raw nonlinear thinking intelligence corresponding to talent of logical articulation & high IQ (the traditional form of IQ, not the MENSA meta-verbal "speed test" style pseudo-IQ propagated by fool quack misassociations like the DSM5)... often misunderstood and publicly underplayed by the elites, but the best girls love it ))
anand_droog

Postby Ierrellus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:37 pm

According to my counselor, some major executives are using mild doses of "magic mushroom" and "ecstasy" to enhance their work performances.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby anand_droog » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:55 pm

Ierrellus wrote:According to my counselor, some major executives are using mild doses of "magic mushroom" and "ecstasy" to enhance their work performances.

Yeah, people are so ignorant.
The Nazis used ecstasy or meth or something.
They should've just used cannabis, they would never have crossed into Russia like fools.
The nazis got doomed when hitler's psycho-dominatrix (theodore morrell) ordered the wunderwaffe research money to be spent on researching inflatable sex dolls (http://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/hitl ... s_n_896207).
Stalingrad, 1943...
unfortunately, the luftwaffe airdrops that managed to reach the besieged city had more sex dolls than ammunition*. Regardless, the nazis were only inflating their sex-dolls, that's when the Soviet heavy tanks and shock infantry crashed through the rear.

* "Not only did the Luftwaffe not deliver anywhere near the amount needed, but they delivered some ludicrously wrong supplies, including cellophane grenade covers, fish food, ground pepper, and a massive condom shipment".

http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/10/04/sta ... ndom-drop/

Wearing condoms for protection while taking turns to fuck a sex doll -- now that's mental dysfunction! Men who give their love to goats or cows are also clearly mad. I suspect it was a tradition for some (peasants) in the past.
anand_droog

Postby Ierrellus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:07 pm

anand_droog wrote:
Ierrellus wrote:According to my counselor, some major executives are using mild doses of "magic mushroom" and "ecstasy" to enhance their work performances.

They should've just used cannabis, they would never have crossed into Russia like fools.
The nazis got doomed when hitler's psycho-dominatrix (theodore morrell) ordered the wunderwaffe research money to be spent on researching inflatable sex dolls (http://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/hitl ... s_n_896207).
Stalingrad, 1943...
unfortunately, the luftwaffe airdrops that managed to reach the besieged city had more sex dolls than ammunition*. Regardless, the nazis were only inflating their sex-dolls, that's when the Soviet heavy tanks and shock infantry crashed through the rear.

* "Not only did the Luftwaffe not deliver anywhere near the amount needed, but they delivered some ludicrously wrong supplies, including cellophane grenade covers, fish food, ground pepper, and a massive condom shipment".

Wearing condoms for protection while taking turns to fuck a sex doll -- now that's mental dysfunction! Men who give their love to goats or cows are also clearly mad. I suspect it was a tradition for some (peasants) in the past.

I don't see how this abnormal behavior ties in with the search for performance enhancing drugs by executives.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby Ierrellus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:12 pm

For those who may have wondered what happened to J.--
She is in a nursing home. She still suffers from schizophrenia, but is well taken care of. I don't get to see her, but I hear she is happy. Her meds work when she takes them on a regular basis.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:09 pm

anand_droog wrote:

Stalingrad, 1943...

Haha what???
This is great material. No way to verify it, but it kind of does fit with the general screwed mental and emotional makeup of nazis.

Yes the nazis and Hitler used a lot of amphetamines. I think many armies do, though. But Hitler was apparently always on several drugs along with his perpetual stream of coffee and cake with whipped cream.

It does make sense to assume they invaded Russia as a side affect of a bad choice in drugs. It could also be seen as "suicide by cop" - Hitler and his "men" hated themselves so much that they just sought out an enemy that could pulverize them.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Thunderbolt steers all things.
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind