"Mental" Illness: The Future of Treatment

Anxiety is not always caused by external factors… mine is triggered by internal ones, from my body being stressed the fuck out by the symptoms of a chronic illness (the body… not being able to be regulated autonomously, but is instead reliant on constant scanning of the self in order to prioritise it’s everyday bodily functioning, so having to put some/all on hold if need be), which also not surprisingly causes low mood… as I posted prior to this.

…otherwise, my anxiety levels and mood would be great. :wink:

sounds like a case weed would work wonders for. You know why, but you have a problem in the UK with pseudo-weed* being very common and medical marijuana nearly banned, right?

• (“spice” also may go by name “skunk” but that also has a different meaning i.e. good weed)

Obvs not the crazy ass shit… and nothing past it’s sell by date either, so as to have lost it’s usefulness in that current climate… something older parents are not historically good at.

…for my reading and viewing pleasure, later.

The thing is, that it is handed down cannot be the element of distinction. So it becomes, in my case at least, useless to even mention it. It is already there anyway, good distinction based on health can handle the reaping. For instance… Fun!

For instance : just something extemporainous happened to me.
Just now looking at a tree where the boughs intersect. Saw a likeness of Munch’s Scream in it. Really unnerving could it be that with fall coming losing its leaves, the image will fade? May be May be dreading fall and winter how odd I live in Southern California.Is this the dreaded rosarch test of the mind?

Most recently a friend had a meltdown at home and after being taken to a hospital and interviewed by a psych it was discovered she had spent $300,000 of the family’s money and mortgaged their house that was once owned.
She has been diagnosed with severe depression and something else, not sure what it is, but stayed in hospital for two weeks then sent home with meds. She blew up like the Michelan man, so they tried something else which also had adverse affects.
So now, they are recommending shock treatment as they say nothing else will help her. This treatment seems to me to be fraught with unknowables. Any opinions?
What does this do to your brain?

Many do use either marijuana or CBD products to help with cfs/fm symptoms, and it works.

Skunk is falling out of favour with the British weed-smoking public… due to its almost lengthy paralysing effects, which isn’t conducive to being productive. I thought spice was a different product altogether… is it like a really strong skunk?

Medical marijuana is soon to be legalised, but licenses and such aren’t even in place yet, so it could be a while.

there’s some confusion over the terminology, skunk usually carries the meaning potent weed, but the term has also been applied (maybe wrongly) to what they call spice, a pseudo-weed claimed to contain artificial cannabinoids but that is only 1 of the broad spectrum of cannabinods available from the decarboxylated plant, and i guess too much of it, plus they add some other poisons to spice, for example:

chicagotribune.com/news/loca … story.html

Dates back to the old hassansins who used to monopolize the spice trade, indeed that’s where the term spice comes from, this used to be a method of assassination

You mean the drudgery of childhood chores and schooling, making way for more moments of fun?

That lifestyle of fun over substance, can quickly turn a kid into a young hot mess… I’ve met a few along the way, and I’ve never envied their journey, but that could be/seems to be an innate driver on my part.

Can you copy and paste the article please… the Chicago Tribune doesn’t reach this far.

Many here seem to be steering away from artificial and overly-strong weed, in favour of less paranoia/anxiety-causing strains, and also back to as a means of relaxing rather than to simply ‘get high’… which is what spice is all about, and wouldn’t do someone with an anxiety-causing illness and intolerance to the artificial, any favours.

That’s odd, this news should be very important to the UK which has a a big spice problem.
Is Europe a big market for spice?
Spice is not “potent weed”, since it does not contain terpenes and the other spectrum of compounds, one can call it “potent/synthetic weed” as much as sex dolls can be called “synthetic females”, it’s some artificial shite.
Although mostly I’ve only had low quality Indian street weed, and I’ve had such (–>) only once or twice, I love good strains of weed, like rare strains and cool genetics (like the purple, red, orange, yellow, golden, black colored buds that are now seen in the US)… sativas that get you high and boost your nonlinear thinking as well as bodily indicas… but you can’t call good gene weeds (high THC content is a typical characteristic, but there are other compounds of note like limonene) something that gets you “too high”, this “spice” is different. Maybe what passes for “skunk” in some places is crappy weed with spice mixed in, maybe since something like that would be easier to smuggle? After all because of prohibition in many places, weed lovers have to depend on the mafia for their supply. And this should be a problem in Europe, ref the historic “spice traders” (hashashins), Ferdinand, a Berliner at the hemp museum told me, get your weed from the blacks, not the Arabs, because sometimes the latter’s weed is not safe, as i said, a seedy history.

It’s sad that human health is sacrificed due to these sociopolitical/economic calisthenics. A friendly planet would have been with most people being “friends in need = friends with weed”, weed & seeds used to be shared (among the rare weed lovers) just after ww2 quite a lot.

Also check this out pretty cool subculture that won WW2 and overthrew the reefer madness* propagandists : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_(1940s_subculture

• (voted the worst film ever** yet it had a lasting impact maybe a reaction to the excesses of the Hippie Age … Hippie is not equal to hipster, the hipsters did only weed, the hippies did all kinds of shit like lsd, crack, coke etc.)

** en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_f … .281936.29

But MagsJ,

Substance is the most fun!

Well ok, can be.

My point being that adults today don’t share that opinion, which is hurting the kids.

At best, fun can be replaced by stoicism. At worst, dread.

And I also think that stoics live dreadful lives. You live, you control your will to the last detail so as to be absolute moral, then you die.

Blegh. Is that really health? It seems more like a palleative to me.

Fun & exploratory fun is very important, and indeed the meaning of health, i completely agree that most have forgotten how to have fun; depressed, they reactively label people like us, as “childish”. This is another way to look at the modern problem, agreed – a neurosis of the mainstream. Although one can be moral and not tread on other do-gooders’ lives (and be moral and defeat pseudo-moral ignoramuses) and still have fun.

But indeed the idea of austerity and holding back fun is ludicrous.
Maybe you’ll find the work of Reich interesting?

And anyway, what adult today has the stones for stoicism? That seems to have died out sometime in the 50’s. Bin Laden was a consumate stoic. No coincidence he was an angry exeption.

I read some Reich some time ago. He’s not dumb. But he does imply that you can organize health under a system, communism. What can be less fun than limits? In the process he took Freud a little for granted and forgot how tentative everything Freud said was.

His hopefulness often blinded him. Why? Probably because he didn’t take Freud seriously enough and wanted a solution so bad that it became more important to him than truth.

So he didn’t attack the root cause of the problem, master/slave disorder (which is crystallized in the communism-like hierarchy)? I thought he would have been pro-individualism. I have not really read Reich, only read about him in Wiki.

So that must be why Reich was rejected by the free world? He might have been associated with the Austrian school, which can be called (the forces behind) communism pretending as reformative capitalism and ignoring the work of Silvio Gesell?

Lol, that might just be it. I’ll have to read this Silvio fellow.

He was pro-individualism. He just managed to convince himself that movements of masses can be individualistic. The harm done by Hegel.