We Need To Talk About Hate

I posted a new topic titled “I Hate_____________!”. It was put in the rant house away from public view on active topics.
Jonquil posted an excellent comment which should not be tucked away. What is this forum afraid of?

Thanks, turtle. I didn’t read it as a rant either. Here is my comment.

I hate hate. Is that the ultimate irony? The inhumanity of machines without hearts, the tinmen and tinwomen who wreak their heartless pain, death, and destruction and then turn to rust, alluding the Wizard of Oz… yet sadly there is no trickster behind the curtain to make things better. I have to create my own just to escape the hate and hope for love and compassion in the world.

Thanks Jonquil. You and Tab are good. I am still angry. I can’t believe all the crap that is posted on this forum and they let beautiful stuff get put in the Rant House. Don’t disturb certain people. Our stats may go down.

This is about stats? I didn’t realize.

I don’t know about stats. But I have seen it over and over. I said “I hate my god”. Somehow that was a trigger. How many people would be offended by hating some god that isn’t even a sky daddy?

It was an ultra short OP, and to be honest, without contextualization, sounded like rant fodder. No biggie. Philosophy happens where it happens - rant or anywhere else.

Got me. I wasn’t offended at all. I think hate should be discussed seriously since it’s such a prevalent and active force in this society. When it comes to faith and God, I just find them completely incompatible with hate… and yet there are so many professed and loud believers out there preaching hate and division that it just curdles my bones.

I’m with you.

Its not possible to like or care for everyone. Hate is just a tool. It is not wrong nor evil. Its actions that are wrong or evil. I hate those that harm others for the fun of it or to make their egos feel better, would harming them be evil or wrong?
if you try to like or care for everything or everyone in this world its like watering down the most delicious drink in the universe just to share it with everyone. You lose the drink.

Turtle,

What was it that you said you hated in - I hate _____________________?

He hates lines. Fear of flatness. He avoids Kansas. Nothing smaller than a D cup for him, or his teeth chatter.

I hate apathy and indifference in people especially when and if directed towards people who need just the opposite of that; namely, the weak/vulnerable,abused/misunderstood.

In that respect, I agree that hate is derived from fear.

Which is worse - hatred or apathy?

hatred

I don’t know. I suppose that just depends.
You can certainly hate someone in the moment but at the same time be aware that you love them - being conflicted. Hatred does have its reason even though it may not be so logical. I don’t know - maybe that last sentence wasn’t too intelligent but I’m not so sure that it wasn’t.

But total indifference and apathy is unemotional, cold beyond cold.
Both though can do a lot of damage, in the long run.

Hate and love are interrelated. When it is said people hurt most the one’s they love, (which is sort of a truism i have noted many times) it veils the the hateful aspect of the hurt, and the hurt becomes denied as a deliberate act, rather, it becomes rationalized by such and such action or provocation. Yhen our hurtful response is justified, ‘for their own good’.

Besides, lingual schematics expresses contra indicative uses, such as ‘ihate to love someone who dos such and such; or, ’ i love to hate those who have harmed such and such’ (a nice, orgood person)

And then again, love is associated with a feeling, and hate, with an emotion. These differentiations signify
states on different axis of preception.

hate leads to hatred …leads to killing…apathy leads to being killed

Aren’t emotions and feelings one and the same thing orbie?
One is just positive and one is negative.

turtle

Leads to? I thought it was already there.
Do you see “hate” to be different than “hatred”?

Not necessarily, little reptile. A recognition of hatred in one’s self can also lead to a clearer perception and eventually growth. But it can also lead to killing but not always. If that were the case, who would be left.

By whom?
I suppose it just depends on the circumstances.
Apathy can lead to great injustices because one cares little enough or not at all to care and to do something about it.

By whom?
I suppose it just depends on the circumstances.
Apathy can lead to great injustices because one cares little enough or not at all to care and to do something about it.
[/quote]
apathy leads to enslavement and/or death…people now are quite apathetic and they will pay a price down the line