Black People Mentally Lower

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby Lollipop King » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:45 pm

James S Saint wrote:You really should take more care to not attack your own proponent.
Why?

James S Saint wrote:Does God NOT exist if there isn't?
He most certainly does exist....because most people around the world subjectively think so.

James S Saint wrote:Your other arguments are sensibly founded, but you seem to not be aware of your environment in making them.
Really?
Is my motive to change thew world?
Lecter, Hannibal wrote:Now you're being rude, and I hate rude people.
User avatar
Lollipop King
Feminized
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:44 pm
Location: Sugar Factory

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby James S Saint » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:31 am

Lollipop King wrote:Is my motive to change thew world?

What is the point in motive if not to change something.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby Lollipop King » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:39 am

James S Saint wrote:
Lollipop King wrote:Is my motive to change thew world?

What is the point in motive if not to change something.
Change something must only include self, and those closest to you: your blood your kind.

Changing the world is what a nihilistic idealist wishes to do.....instead of changing himself in relation to the world (adaptation) he wishes to change the world in relation to himself (naive, idealism, and nihilism)
Lecter, Hannibal wrote:Now you're being rude, and I hate rude people.
User avatar
Lollipop King
Feminized
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:44 pm
Location: Sugar Factory

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby James S Saint » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:56 am

You can't change either one without changing the other.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby Calrid » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:34 pm

My point was Lollipop no moral system is completely subjective, without running up against extremes where you can disprove the validity of them, that doesn't mean I think that all systems are objective either nor that therefore God exists.

I don't believe in God nor divine command theory btw.

Let me give you an example, murder is universally wrong/illegal in all countries by definition, but is it objectively? Either extreme is pointless. I'm sure you could rattle off a half dozen reasons to commit murder in your head in the time it took me to type this. And no doubt most people would agree in those extraordinary circumstances murder is not wrong: justifiable homicide, where a murder charge has been overturned on the grounds it was not wrong given the extenuating circumstances for example. I would make a case for moral pragmatism, ie for basing each case on its intrinsic merit, but it's not really the subject of the thread.

Incidentally I am also perfectly willing to accept that black people are mentally inferior inherently, but I have not seen good evidence to back this up. Hence I remain neutral.

What is common in human thinking?


Reason.
“I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.”

Oscar Wilde - probably.
User avatar
Calrid
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3227
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:54 am

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby Lollipop King » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Wrong....you jump straight for the modern, the current.

If you delve deeper you will find that what is common in human thinking is also common in all life, for thinking is a tool evolved to do a job. What happened to it afterward is another issue.

The common factor is need.
Later when more higher cognitive abilities evolve this need turns to anxiety/fear.
Lecter, Hannibal wrote:Now you're being rude, and I hate rude people.
User avatar
Lollipop King
Feminized
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:44 pm
Location: Sugar Factory

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby Calrid » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:01 am

Lollipop King wrote:Wrong....you jump straight for the modern, the current.

If you delve deeper you will find that what is common in human thinking is also common in all life, for thinking is a tool evolved to do a job. What happened to it afterward is another issue.

The common factor is need.
Later when more higher cognitive abilities evolve this need turns to anxiety/fear.


Well true I was talking about modern humans. I can't disagree that more primitive times lead to something other than reason, but at least irrational fears then were the product of ignorance.
“I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.”

Oscar Wilde - probably.
User avatar
Calrid
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3227
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:54 am

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby Lollipop King » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:30 am

What webs we weave and practice to deceive.

Modern man is much more vulnerable to fears for many reasons.

Here are a few:

- Sheltering, making moderns inexperienced with the emotion and so easily manipulated and affected with the slightest increase in it.
Modern obsessions with slasher films and this intoxication of adrenaline junkies along with this popular trend of computer games portraying environments none have experienced and would probably be unable to function within if they ever were.

- Order...all social systems provide a predictable consistency which eventually turns to ennui.

- Modern man believes that courage is the absence of fear whereas it is ignorance and obliviousness which describes this absence....if not some brain dysfunction.
Fear is a positive in that it increases the probability for survival within harsh and dangerous environments...natural ones.
Many moderns use the "fear" aspect defensively, not realizing that fear is present in all healthy human minds, but how one deals with it is what differentiates the brave one the objective one from the subjective, idealistic naive coward.

Here are a couple of other favorite modernistic defensive terms where the one using them has no clue about what the hell they are talking about:

1-Projecting.
A favorite term used by those who have no argument and do not even realize that projecting is what all minds do and must do...with varying degrees of success.

2-Baggage.
Another favorite term, trying to imply that the other is burdened by a past, which is, of course, the case with everyone.
We can even say that one basic characteristic of post-modernism, modernity, is this obsession with eradicating, denouncing,, "overcoming" the past.
But, the past is what experience is and what identity is built upon.
Know Thyself means: know and accept your past.

Denouncing the past, to be "reborn", like a Christian, is a denouncement of one's own self.
Lecter, Hannibal wrote:Now you're being rude, and I hate rude people.
User avatar
Lollipop King
Feminized
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:44 pm
Location: Sugar Factory

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby Calrid » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:40 am

Lollipop King wrote:What webs we weave and practice to deceive.

Modern man is much more vulnerable to fears for many reasons.

Here are a few:

- Sheltering, making moderns inexperienced with the emotion and so easily manipulated and affected with the slightest increase in it.
Modern obsessions with slasher films and this intoxication of adrenaline junkies along with this popular trend of computer games portraying environments none have experienced and would probably be unable to function within if they ever were.

- Order...all social systems provide a predictable consistency which eventually turns to ennui.

- Modern man believes that courage is the absence of fear whereas it is ignorance and obliviousness which describes this absence....if not some brain dysfunction.
Fear is a positive in that it increases the probability for survival within harsh and dangerous environments...natural ones.
Many moderns use the "fear" aspect defensively, not realizing that fear is present in all healthy human minds, but how one deals with it is what differentiates the brave one the objective one from the subjective, idealistic naive coward.

Here are a couple of other favorite modernistic defensive terms where the one using them has no clue about what the hell they are talking about:

1-Projecting.
A favorite term used by those who have no argument and do not even realize that projecting is what all minds do and must do...with varying degrees of success.

2-Baggage.
Another favorite term, trying to imply that the other is burdened by a past, which is, of course, the case with everyone.
We can even say that one basic characteristic of post-modernism, modernity, is this obsession with eradicating, denouncing,, "overcoming" the past.
But, the past is what experience is and what identity is built upon.
Know Thyself means: know and accept your past.

Denouncing the past, to be "reborn", like a Christian, is a denouncement of one's own self.


I only use projecting on people who are trolling, it's the old psychological game thing. Trolling trolls. Well it's funny to me what can I say.

That said I agree with your post, not just because modern man should know better, but because we are weak as well, we don't have the excuse of ignorance. But then we are supposedly not in environments that involve fear any more, which is ironic because there has never been a better time to shit yourself.

Gotta sleep, been good talking, I'll be back.
“I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.”

Oscar Wilde - probably.
User avatar
Calrid
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3227
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:54 am

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby indoz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:12 am

Calrid wrote:
indoz wrote:
Calrid wrote:Moral subjectivism blows, when taken to the extreme, I am a pragmatist personally. I don't know why you think moral subectivism is anywhere near accepted anywhere, I know of no one who follows the school ardently. It is just too easy to present situations where the philosophy falls down. You presented an example yourself, do you think this sort of draconian law would ever be passed by a US Congress for a start? But let's say it does get passed, do you think anyone is going to follow it, think of the impact on the economy, even the Ultra conservatives would gasp in horror. Anything is ok as long as it's the states will, is why democracy exists in the first place. Such a bill would be utterly devastating to their future success if it did pass. The only philosophy I can think of that is less yielding of any sense is Divine command theory.

There can be at least a majority agreement if you don't use moral subjectivism as a basis.


As morals are subjective, then it stands to reason anything is acceptable. And where does the philosophy fall down?


Morals aren't entirely subjective if that was the case there would be no laws at all that are universal amongst nations.

Ok say I was to bring in a law that all women who were unfaithful to their husbands should be tortured to death, would it be ethical to refrain from judgement on this, just because it's a differing cultures laws?


Yes.
Say I journeyed to another country and openly flouted all their laws, because well it's all subjective and they don't exist in my country, would I be right to do so?


Morality would be relative to that society. As in any human community, one goes with the flow, or gets punished/chastised.
Say I have a choice to kill my son or 1000 people, if I chose to save my son would this be morally acceptable because of my personal attachment to the subject?


Human nature is as is, is it not?
I'll say it again who makes the argument that morals are entirely subjective? This is a strawman. Moral subjectivism is inherently hard to follow to the extreme, it therefore does not work in ethical terms. People do not therefore espouse it ardently as an a priori argument. Which is exactly what you appear to be doing, assuming that moral subjectivism is a given.


Morals are whatever a society determines them as.

I personally believe in subjectivism, since nothing is truly absolute. Whilst most would condemn murder, rape, etc., one cannot prove these objectively wrong. Under moral subjectivism, any societal norm is permissible, it simply logically follows. I would further state that moral subjectivism is the modern Western moral paradigm. Religion does not play a role in our societies as it once did, and extensive studies in many scientific disciplines show no evidence of absolute morals or even human values.
indoz
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:01 am

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby The Golden Turd » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:09 am

Bump
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Image

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
User avatar
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 am
Location: Apparently Well Up Manical Mongoose's Ass

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby Twilight of the Idols » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:07 am

Turd Ferguson wrote:Bump

Anything to add? What I am supposed to do, read 60 pages of posts dating back to 2007?
User avatar
Twilight of the Idols
Jenseits von Gut und Böse
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:25 am

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby The Golden Turd » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:38 am

The spoon doesn't add anything of substance, merely stirs the pot.

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/54889689.jpg

Just kick back, and enjoy the unbalanced rationalizations the new crop of shitheads will add to this precious shitheap Magsj has been nurturing for years, as its her precious child. Its her favorite thread, she got so excited and nostalgic last time I bumped it. Said she thought she would never see it again. I reunited her with it. And now again.

Its like, the sum of all troll posts wrapped in a bacon enigma. So fuck up.... I can't turn away. What will they say next?

http://www.slacktory.com/wp-content/upl ... ending.jpg
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Image

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
User avatar
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 am
Location: Apparently Well Up Manical Mongoose's Ass

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby AutSider » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Oh God... is that Satyr under the nickname Lollipop King? :o

How did that happen?

At first I assumed it was a joke by the moderators, after they banned him.

But it seems that he posted while under that nickname, so it's also possible that he is being facetious, and making fun of himself, or, more likely, ILP?

Either way, I laughed a little too hard at that one. Notice the status, 'feminized', location: 'Sugar factory' :lol:
User avatar
AutSider
BANNED
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby The Golden Turd » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:31 am

May be so.... but I find it better off not to be under the cast of an possessed shadow of a Assinnum, so pay his posts little attention. Pretty much every other post of his is "my dick, my dick, everyone look at my dick". I got my own dick to worry about, and it ain't interested in his.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Image

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
User avatar
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 am
Location: Apparently Well Up Manical Mongoose's Ass

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Turd, Arb hasn't caught on to that yet.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby liber8 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:57 am

Even if something like this were true, human intelligence (unlike say evolution of the eye) can evolve very quickly. There's selection models that postulate the potential to increase intelligence by 5 to 15 IQ points in a single generation. Intelligence is, like everything else about us, a selected trait. It depends on certain factors. Basically, if you have a culture that places a high value on intelligence, and that translates to mate selection and sexual reproduction, you can increase the IQ of a society very quickly. Of course this can just as easily work in the reverse direction. Nonetheless, it's a difficult topic to even talk about in western society. But in reality, if these disparities do exist, it's important to know about them, because there are things we can do to remedy this. So in a sense, shutting down discussion due to political correctness is the most harmful approach we could possibly take (although there's a productive way to discuss this and then there's a racist way to discuss this, and obviously the latter should not be tolerated in our society). But let me also say, there's plenty of reasons to think these disparities do not exist e.g. test scores between blacks and whites have narrowed considerably over the past several decades, indicating that environmental factors like institutional racism have been primarily responsible for under-performance by blacks relative to whites in areas such as academic achievement (at least here in the United States). With regard to places like Sub-Saharan Africa, we already know that poverty, disease, malnutrition, pollution, violence, etc. can lower IQ significantly. But none of this has anything to do with genetic potential.
liber8
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:12 am

Indeed Liber8... the factors that create the discrepancies in IQ amongst the ethnicities are duly ignored in favour of more.. racially motivated reasons.

When my intolerance towards all additives (that are being added to and sprayed on all our foods) was robbing me of my oxygen, iron, and all other nutrients it dulled my senses and my thinking (but not my thoughts) so case in point.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 19177
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:23 am

MagsJ wrote:
Contra-Nietzsche wrote:I killed the last racist thread using my techniques (if I remember correctly, Magsj died laughing from my post)
Stop boasting about your great technique CN :roll:

:lol:

:lol:

Goid times, good times :)
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 19177
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby Zoot Allures » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:21 pm

There are too many variables and anomalies involved in determining intelligence equivalence between races. For every excuse you could come up with to explain some statistical difference, another person could come up with a counter excuse which would put the blame on either environment or culture instead of the person being tested. Why are so many geniuses and composers white? Because the environment they were in was conducive to fostering the development of their intelligence. Why are so many black people dumb? Because they are wandering around the sahara desert chasing wildebeests with sticks, instead of living in an advanced, industrial civilization where, because of its complexity, there are more problems, therefore demanding more novel solutions and mental agility. If you switched these groups, your results would tend toward the opposite conclusion. The fact is, the brain anatomy of every race is close enough to make intelligence discrepancies hardly noticeable at all.

I'll tell you what it comes down to. It comes down to a primordial instinct of bias. This bias is aesthetic. Somebody once did a test; they brought black and white women into the presence of young babies. The babies tended to react negatively toward the black women.. they acted afraid and cried more often than they did when in the presence of the white women. The black women were scary, because they were dark skinned. So there is something at a very basic level in the psychology of human beings that generates a subtle bias toward black people, because of the way they look. They are simply more often unattractive and/or down right ugly. Now you'd be mistaken to think this has anything to do with their intelligence, and you unconsciously attribute unintelligence to something you think is ugly.

The bell curve theory ignores environment and culture, too. Just another sociologist peddling his bullshit as genetics. Today the problem of the negro race culture has gotten so bad the world over that there is really no turning back. Racial prejudice will be absolved by the gradual assimilation of negroes into eurocentric culture. This will take hundreds of years.

Let me remind you that I have worked with white people who are so extraordinarily dumb I hesitate to even call them human. When you are raised in a double wide trailer watching Dukes of Hazard all day, you are not going to become a genius... I don't care what color you are.
Zoot Allures
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2607
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby liber8 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:38 pm

IQ is a polygenetic trait, but heritability ranges between 0.5 and 0.80 (50% and 80%), and genetics plays an exceedingly important role in IQ as we get older (various studies have found the heritability of IQ to range between 70% and 80% in adults). While this still provides plenty of opportunities to raise IQ by improving the environment, it's striking nonetheless. But there's good news. Recent studies suggest that we can raise IQ in adults (previously believed to be a near impossibility). Adults who engage in an occupation involving complex tasks, elaborate systems, etc., see an improvement in cognitive ability over time (the study tracked 250 adults over a 6 year period). Other studies on children, teens, and young adults are also promising. Mixed data, but there's some consistency. Take a case where genetics is ~70% responsible for IQ. That leaves 30% to environment. 30% is a huge number when it comes to IQ (it's literally the difference between average and genius, between poor and average or even slightly above average ... etc.).
liber8
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby Zoot Allures » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:25 pm

That leaves 30% to environment. 30% is a huge number when it comes to IQ (it's literally the difference between average and genius, between poor and average or even slightly above average ... etc.).


So I was right? High five!

(I didn't think I was gonna get away with that one)
Zoot Allures
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2607
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby Flannel Jesus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:27 am

I think you guys are mixing units in some weird ways there. Environment being 30% responsible does NOT necessarily mean "the environment could add or take away 30 IQ points". In fact it almost certainly isn't the case. That's a hell of a lot of IQ points. A change of 30 IQ points would change a person of average intelligence into someone droolingly retarded.

Not trying to undermine the fact that environment plays a role. Just making sure we're all aware that 30% =/= 30 IQ points, and so isn't necessarily "the difference between average and genius"
User avatar
Flannel Jesus
For Your Health
 
Posts: 5161
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby liber8 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:10 am

... decided to delete (fun at the expense of those with mental infirmities is in poor taste).
Last edited by liber8 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liber8
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Re: BLACK PEOPLE MENTALLY LOWER

Postby AutSider » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:18 am

MagsJ wrote:When my intolerance towards all additives (that are being added to and sprayed on all our foods) was robbing me of my oxygen, iron, and all other nutrients it dulled my senses and my thinking (but not my thoughts) so case in point.


What are your thoughts a product of?

The kinds of lies people will tell themselves to avoid facing the obvious truth. Environment responsible for 30% of the IQ?
So the nurture of a single generation of humans, 50-100 years, is 30%, while the past 1000s of years of nurturing and interaction with environment, is 70%. Something is numerically off here, sounds like a self-defeating argument.

naiv8y wrote:So in a sense, shutting down discussion due to political correctness is the most harmful approach we could possibly take (although there's a productive way to discuss this and then there's a racist way to discuss this, and obviously the latter should not be tolerated in our society)


And what is your definition of a racist?
Am I racist for identify with those who are more identical to me?
Is a lion a speciesist for not treating zebras the same way it treats its own kind?
User avatar
AutSider
BANNED
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology and Mind



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users