What the hell do we do with Freud?

So, I’ve been reading the Wolfman case and I finally have figured out Jung’s dream where God comes and takes A huge shit on the Church (that Jung figured to be St peter’s in Rome). Apparently, kot/gott form A voiced/unvoiced linguistic pair in German (kot means poop/shit). I did not know this. So, is there a real drive here, a real vision of religious meaning, or did Jung’s brain just confuse two words?

Also upon reading the Wolfman case, I am amazed at how literary Freud is, that is how, now that so much of the good herr doktor’s work has been discredited or trivialized, we must come to read Freud. he is powerful and exciting literature now.

Any thoughts?

Check this out, Hermes Type 3:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/questionofgod/index.html

A show documenting and analyzing the theistic and atheistic beliefs of Mr. Freud and C.S. Lewis. Interesting discussion between historical accounts as well.

On tonight @8pm Central, but the discussions can be viewed through the PBS website.

Cheers,
Zachariah

yeah deffinately (the new english translations are more literary than the standard ed. which were trying pretty hard to be authoritative sounding… so shop around…)

yeah I absolutely loved the wolfman case studies (even better is “sigmund freud and the wolfman”, a book with latter post-frued studies of the guy and commentaries and an interview with him etc etc… the guy painted his dream a few times in letter life and they look quite cool, his feeling of psuedo-cellebrity seems to be what kept him afloat most of his life lol…

“freud and his father” is also a bloody interesting book…

I tend to think that rather than having some huge medical relevance they have plenty to offer as a (if seen less rigidly) map of passions and anxieties which, accurate or not, certainly touch people…

yeah deffinately (the new english translations are more literary than the standard ed. which were trying pretty hard to be authoritative sounding… so shop around…)

yeah I absolutely loved the wolfman case studies (even better is “sigmund freud and the wolfman”, a book with latter post-frued studies of the guy and commentaries and an interview with him etc etc… the guy painted his dream a few times in letter life and they look quite cool, his feeling of psuedo-cellebrity seems to be what kept him afloat most of his life lol…

“freud and his father” is also a bloody interesting book…

I tend to think that rather than having some huge medical relevance they have plenty to offer as a (if seen less rigidly) map of passions and anxieties which, accurate or not, certainly touch people…