Do you think that people who enjoy kinky sex are normal?

Do you think people who enjoy kinky sex are normal?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

I hope this poll is allowed. Do you think that people who practice/read/watch kinky sex (e.g. BDSM, fetishes) are normal?

How many innocents are there here?

Depends. Who or what is normal?

I think all sex is a perversian of some type. The quesion is basicly how perverted are you :wink:

There is no normal. and if there is whats wrong with kinky?

Jesus christ crusader! if you stick to strict rules in the bedroom all hope is lost. There are no rules when sex is involved, have you never did anything out of the norm before? let your instincts fly, do whatever must.

:laughing:

I’m normal, so yes.

they call it kinky 'cause it ain’t normal

norms are always changing, though

some of what was kinky to our grandparents is normal today

what is kinky today could be normal down the road

some of what is normal today could be kinky to our grandchildren

what matters is – do you want to have sex relative to everyone else – and does that mean you’re into orgies?

:laughing:

:slight_smile: I think that people who are into kinky sex are normal. I just wanted to see what everyone else thought. Different message boards get different responses to this poll. I’m sure if you posted this poll in the forums of bdsmlibrary (no under 18’s please), you would have 100% saying yes. Or maybe one or two just being silly. Also I thought writing a poll on kinky sex might increase the number of hits the site gets. They might go here looking for Philosophy in the Bedroom, by the marque de sade (or however it’s spelt). It probably won’t but, hey, I thought it would be worth a shot.

I think kinky sex is normal. I may not be normal, but wanting kinky sex is. I think taboo has always been practised, and people like taboo, because its risky. Dunno if that has anything to do with what we’re discussing.

I still hold that it’s called kinky 'cause it ain’t normal. Wanting something abnormal may be normal. So, to answer the poll – yes… maybe?.. I haven’t seen any scientific surveys…

Welcome to CNN Headline news, I’m Rudy Baktiar (sp?)…

Are women kinkier than men? [ playful grin, quick glance at male newscaster, who has a bigger grin and is looking intently at his notes ] According to a survey recently conducted by The Society for Abnormal Sexuality, 7/10 women enjoy kinky sex, while only 1/5 men enjoy kinky sex… Dick Johnson had this to say:

I am the guest in the above reply :unamused:

Although personally I’m rather turn off by the so-called kinky sex (e.g. BDSM, fetishes), I’d have to question the original poll as to what exactly is considered normal? Also are you asking whether kinky sex is considered normal sexual practise or whether the people who perform kinky sex are normal people?

Also while I suspect many people define what is normal and what is abnormal based on what is culturally acceptable, I personally dont necessarily agree with that notion. To make my answer short, I voted yes because it is a “normal” practise to those people and because normality varies for different people.

I believe that the more brilliant will usually go for the most basic in bed and the less brilliant will go for the more imaginative, creative, bizarre or unconventional kind of sex. The reason I believe this is so is because the more brilliant usually get their creativity out in other ways and the less brilliant get it out in bed. The reason for that is because our body is two aspects primarily - the physical and the mental. So, those more brilliant in mind, like being creative with the mental and so in life will be more brilliant and imaginative but basic in bed whereas the less brilliant will like being creative with the physical and so will like the more kinky kind of sex and will be more basic or less creative or imaginative in general life. And all is fine, nothing is normal or abnormal. However if you bring a psychiatrist or a psychologist here then they might view your bizarre behaviour in bed as abnormal, which is wrong.

In general I feel that our body is our ‘single most effective instrument’ we will ever have to use or abuse as we please. “Use it.” And “enjoy” using it. We must NOT abuse it though, and we should “use it” to our advantage but not to the detriment of another. We should respect our own body and rights as we must respect another’s. In essence, some people are brilliant in mind and some are brilliant bodywise and both are fine, nothing is normal or abnormal. So, people who like kinky sex are not only normal but brilliant bodywise :smiley:

ah BeenaJain, your problem seems to be a false sense of mind/body dualism… it just so happens that sexuality is a good tool to overcome that delusion.

Nope! I don’t have problems or false impressions. But your response to my post shows that you have very ordinary thinking and because of that your imagination is limited. Sorry! But don’t blame me just because YOU have limitations.

this is a really stupid question because there is no normal. how do you define normal?

Yep :slight_smile: and I can Prove!

I like this one… Swing Search!
2dating-personals.com/search/AFF.html

Some like this one… ALT - BDSM Search!
2dating-personals.com/search/BDSM.html

Silly & Sexy

God damnit, they’re all FAT!?!

Aren’t there any skinny submissives anymore? Bullshit!

I am living proof that isn’t true. I like to mix creativity with everything, whether physical or mental. Besides, who can be satisfied with missionary and the lights out their whole life?

asking a question wih realtion to “is it normal” is a waste of time because different people have different norms. if you use what the majourity says as is it normal then im sure the answer is no, the majority of people do not have kinky sex.(this definition is dodgy as it would have the answer to teens who ask “am i normal” as no, you are not a female chinese, living below the poverty line)

i read on entensity or something similiar the other day a series of posts from a message board on people with a fetish of deffacating on them selves or in public places. noone can say that there is anything wrong with bdsm etc when compered to “unusual” stuff like that