Do you think that people who enjoy kinky sex are normal?

Although personally I’m rather turn off by the so-called kinky sex (e.g. BDSM, fetishes), I’d have to question the original poll as to what exactly is considered normal? Also are you asking whether kinky sex is considered normal sexual practise or whether the people who perform kinky sex are normal people?

Also while I suspect many people define what is normal and what is abnormal based on what is culturally acceptable, I personally dont necessarily agree with that notion. To make my answer short, I voted yes because it is a “normal” practise to those people and because normality varies for different people.

I believe that the more brilliant will usually go for the most basic in bed and the less brilliant will go for the more imaginative, creative, bizarre or unconventional kind of sex. The reason I believe this is so is because the more brilliant usually get their creativity out in other ways and the less brilliant get it out in bed. The reason for that is because our body is two aspects primarily - the physical and the mental. So, those more brilliant in mind, like being creative with the mental and so in life will be more brilliant and imaginative but basic in bed whereas the less brilliant will like being creative with the physical and so will like the more kinky kind of sex and will be more basic or less creative or imaginative in general life. And all is fine, nothing is normal or abnormal. However if you bring a psychiatrist or a psychologist here then they might view your bizarre behaviour in bed as abnormal, which is wrong.

In general I feel that our body is our ‘single most effective instrument’ we will ever have to use or abuse as we please. “Use it.” And “enjoy” using it. We must NOT abuse it though, and we should “use it” to our advantage but not to the detriment of another. We should respect our own body and rights as we must respect another’s. In essence, some people are brilliant in mind and some are brilliant bodywise and both are fine, nothing is normal or abnormal. So, people who like kinky sex are not only normal but brilliant bodywise :smiley:

ah BeenaJain, your problem seems to be a false sense of mind/body dualism… it just so happens that sexuality is a good tool to overcome that delusion.

Nope! I don’t have problems or false impressions. But your response to my post shows that you have very ordinary thinking and because of that your imagination is limited. Sorry! But don’t blame me just because YOU have limitations.

this is a really stupid question because there is no normal. how do you define normal?

Yep :slight_smile: and I can Prove!

I like this one… Swing Search!
2dating-personals.com/search/AFF.html

Some like this one… ALT - BDSM Search!
2dating-personals.com/search/BDSM.html

Silly & Sexy

God damnit, they’re all FAT!?!

Aren’t there any skinny submissives anymore? Bullshit!

I am living proof that isn’t true. I like to mix creativity with everything, whether physical or mental. Besides, who can be satisfied with missionary and the lights out their whole life?

asking a question wih realtion to “is it normal” is a waste of time because different people have different norms. if you use what the majourity says as is it normal then im sure the answer is no, the majority of people do not have kinky sex.(this definition is dodgy as it would have the answer to teens who ask “am i normal” as no, you are not a female chinese, living below the poverty line)

i read on entensity or something similiar the other day a series of posts from a message board on people with a fetish of deffacating on them selves or in public places. noone can say that there is anything wrong with bdsm etc when compered to “unusual” stuff like that

I think that I am pretty normal… But kinky sex is fun!!!

Merriam-Webster has several definitions of normal, but given the context of the question, this would be the most appropriate one:

Therefore, according to that definition, one uses society’s rules to judge what is normal, because the question was asked in the broadest definition. Now how do you define what is kinky?

If you ask a 60 year old couple if woman on top is kinky, for example, they may say yes. If you as a 25 year old couple, they will probably look at you like you are stupid. So the question as posed has problems with the definitions of both normal and kinky, even if we make the assumption that normal is using society’s definition, there isn’t even a definition by society of what is kinky.

That being said, I have several close friends in BDSM organizations, and no, I do not consider them abnormal in any way. It’s not my choice, but, personally, I’d hate having to carry around a duffel bag full of sex toys in my trunk just in case I wanted to get laid that night. =)

–Kissa

Actually, I’ve noted precisely the opposite. Those who are more creative/intelligent tend to be outside the “norm” of society, and this applies not just to their ideals, interests, etc., academically/intellectually but also in relation to their lifestyles (including sexuality).

Of course, this is completely derived from personal experience, and so I haven’t any statistics to back it up, though those would be hard to acquire anyway.

[quote=“BeenaJain”]
I believe that the more brilliant will usually go for the most basic in bed and the less brilliant will go for the more imaginative, creative, bizarre or unconventional kind of sex. The reason I believe this is so is because the more brilliant usually get their creativity out in other ways and the less brilliant get it out in bed. The reason for that is because our body is two aspects primarily - the physical and the mental. So, those more brilliant in mind, like being creative with the mental and so in life will be more brilliant and imaginative but basic in bed whereas the less brilliant will like being creative with the physical and so will like the more kinky kind of sex and will be more basic or less creative or imaginative in general life. And all is fine, nothing is normal or abnormal. However if you bring a psychiatrist or a psychologist here then they might view your bizarre behaviour in bed as abnormal, which is wrong.

This search for an absolute goes nowhere.

Why can’t a brilliant man of the mind have brilliant sex?

I’m sure there are plenty of kinky idiots, and plenty of kinky scholars.
Plenty of ‘basic’ idiots/scholars.

I suppose I would be classified as basic, but the taboo is ever-tempting.

Furthermore, I would only engage in the ‘normal’ kinky activities. None of that radical shit like the “Lukewarm Steve”

People who enjoy kinky stuff should be punished! They should be stripped naked, chained up, then whipped until they are normal. :wink:

Who cares about a social-view?

Fuck that YOU have to deside what is right and wrong. Do you not know when you are doing something wrong ,TRULLY??? ofcourse you do.

PERSONALLY SOME KINKY SEX IS WRONG SOME IS NOT.

If your not hurting anyone else…without their concent…lol…some like it, than surely its ok.

All i got to say is- everyone has a concious- if you cant tell right from wrong maybe you should look for your conciouse.

I didnt vote…although i recognise the comic value.

One other thing…

No. They are not normal as compared to the majority. But this brings about what really is or should be considered normal. Should it be the majority? I guess the definition would imply so.

I don’t know… 26 to 4, that seems pretty normal to me. So the question is whether or not people who don’t have kinky sex are abnormal.

Yeah I basically wanted to contest the fact that just because normal is considered what is in majority, could it not be true that those in majority are wrong. But you said it better. I realized after reading it over that my post was contradictory.

The majority wrong? dont be silly(oozing liquid sarcasm in a cascading envelopment) Britney spears, Westlife. Thats your majority vote. Most people think its acceptable to endorse lies in the name of employment.