know thyself...

Sometimes we dont know ourselves…no?.. as such i beleive we never completely know ourself but most of the time we are unaware of this…and when we get a shock…a setback…we do either of two…ignore the setback or analyse it. and when we analyse it, we come to conclusion that everything happening to us is reaction of our own actions…
i was thinking about this…today while presenting a process, it backfired. i had made some changes…people would not like them…majority of them and i felt angry as they made me make the changes…later i realised many things they said were correct.
so…i shouldnt have been angry. i felt letdown…that degraded my self esteem…
so whats the lesson… stay ready to accept criticism? is that hard?
at least its simple to say.
… then accepted that i made a mistake…i think realising that i made a mistake is even worse…u start feeling guilty…and that decrases your self-esteem.

well while writing this all, i did some thinking and i got resolved…i will share it with you…
life has rules…the more u learn better u are equipped to tackle problems and thats called wisdom. for every rule, life keeps on giving us hints till we get one, and learn that rule. so we should never let anything go unanalysed, there may be hidden a way to lighten up our lives…but yet we should not be somuch caught in analysis that it eats us up…it should be done in a purely analytical way…just like we solve an interesting riddle…

what do u think ?

Some (like Zen Buddhists) would say that intense self analysis is not beneficial, but i think it important to a small degree. When it gets to the point that you are very absorbed in yourself to the point of solipsism then the analysis is acting counter to the reason for using it in the first place.

Mcdaniel…i got to beleive that at the end of the day, what matters is that how happy/satisfied you are.

do you share my viewpoint ? (or u still searching the purpose of our existance)

The Greeks had a name for that. They called it Eudaimonia, it figures heavily in the Philosophy of dudes like Aristotle, not only did it mean happiness, but also prosperity.

I would not say that i am searching for the purpose of all existence, i have long since left such idealistic charms. but I don’t conversely think that my happiness/satisfaction is the end-all be-all; there may be times when my happiness/satisfaction comes into conflict with the happiness/satisfaction of another person and either i accept a war of all against all or the broad horizon of ethics opens beneath my feet.

Eudaimonia? i want learn.

Aristotle’s Nicomachean ethics contains many references to this, it also figured prominently within the ethical structure of the Greeks themselves at that time.

That was me Jedi!

i figured that out. i really should start readind aristotle. to tell you the truth, warrior monk kinda intrigued me to check out his dear sweet asristotle.