Voices

What is the term for people who hear voices?
Not violent ones. and not split personalities but people who hear voices?

You mean, schizophrenia?

We all hear voices, it just depends on whether other people can hear the ones you hear :wink:

MentulZen

Yes, I think you mean schizophrenia (for the voices other people cant hear…)

Schizophrenic people normally think God is talking to them

So are you saying God specifically chooses NOT to talk to schizophrenic folks? :wink:

God is mute because actions speak louder than words.

Schizophrenia is also when you see things that are not there, like as real as your best friend who sits next to you, if other people can see them, then they are real. Same with voices, if other people can hear them, then they are real… Ever see the movie, “A beautiful Mind?”
I have a small amout of Schizophrenia. Is 13 a too young of an age to have it? :blush:

No, because schizophrenia is known to come and go sometimes. Perhaps this is just an episode you’ll grow out of. Or…perhaps you’re going to get worse. The idea is recognize it now and begin building bridges to reality.

To be honest, if you’re trying to stay grounded, these forums really aren’t the place to go LOL!

We’re all trying desparately to live in the castle of our minds, you’re trying to move out.

I don’t think that having ‘voices’ in your head denotes schizophrenia. I don’t think that I have schizophrenia, but I use my ‘voices’ to play the part of the antagonist in debates over morals, politics, ect.

It’s not the voices that bother me. It’s when they start clawing at my body in the mid of night!!!

And I think 13 is kind of young to be hearing voices and seeing fairy’s. I don’t know how I would handle something like that.

if there is no special term for them, except for schizophrenia, which is a hyperonym, why not invent a name?

I’d suggest ‘echonics’.

I like that.

There is a woman that wanders around my neighborhood who has that. She actually gets around quite well - she is able to go the grocery store alone, at lest. They just usually think that someone(s) is talking to them. Actually, she usually is just arguing with whoever is in her head. She often gets quite angry. And she also thinks that objects (like traffic lights) are capable of hearing her and understanding. It’s kind of complicated.

Saw that this morning. I’ve said it before…for all you want to talk about United and their international profile http://www.audio.h12.ru/, they really seem to do business the right way. I’m interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.