Intellectual Whores

ROFL LMAO

Wow. You don’t mean that as an attack? What it is, a compliment? What I see in this site for the most part are male readers attacking the logic of other male readers, probably because this is an intellectual forum and so we all argue. In fact, there really aren’t all that many women at this site. I’d like to know what women responders you are referring to. Perhaps when a man attacks your logic, it’s a game. And when a woman does, it hurts your male ego.

I don’t know a single woman who has chosen not to sleep with a man to “protect him from himself”. That’s just silly. I have chosen not to sleep with a man because I didn’t want to. It doesn’t mean I found him “disgusting and repulsive” and it doesn’t mean I was “protecting him” - it just meant I DIDN’T WANT TO SLEEP WITH HIM.

An amazing psychology of Woman. There are men and women who are all of those characteristics and there are men and women who are not. I know plenty of shallow, vain, self-centered, egotistical, out for themselves, competitive, etc men. For example, think of the stereotypical “Mama’s Boy”. Or the “Male ego” and on and on. And reading this thread, it seems to me that men also get hurt easily, apparently when a woman doesn’t want to have sex with him. Your comment of “what why we men love them” just totally makes no sense given all the rest you wrote. You love this creature that you basically have no respect for? Why? Because the shallow vain and self-centered nurturer (which is, by the way, a total contradiction) is just so darn adorable?

yeah but what about the “tranny surprise factor”?

hi i’m darkmagus… i make jokes that are only funny to me. nice to meet you, molelove. welcome to ILP! :sunglasses:

Omilord, this whole debate is sadly hilarious. I was getting a bit peeved by the whole generalization of women thing, but as I read on and on, I realized… most of you guys writing all this up are just totally inexperienced, young, and trying to figure us gals out.

First of all, I find it interesting that you thought that guest self-claimed “intellectual whore” was a tranny. While I agree she was having a definition of “intellectual whore” that was kinda out of the point of this discussion (because you men are calling yourselves intellectual whores thinking that women want to have sex with stupid studs and then talk to you sweet, sweet smarty pants), her self description is not too far off my own and certainly many women who have both sexuality and brains exist and are not trannies!

Anyway, that’s off the point. Back to your thesis that women want to have sex with stupid men with tattoos on their forearm and then have nonsexual relations with the brilliant genius. This is total bullshit.

Women do not want to compartmentalize sex and intellect with men. Women want a sexy and intelligent man in one. Women are turned on by men with whom they have great conversations with. Women are also turned on by men with sensuality and confidence. Women go ga-ga over men with both.

Women do not have sex with the men they have great conversations with for the following reasons:

1. They are not physically attracted to you. This doesn’t mean they want a stud hottie tattoo man. It just means that they are not physically attracted to you. It happens.
  2. They are attracted to you at first and enjoy conversations with you, but then become turned off. They are turned off most likely because you have all the assumptions you have just enumerated in this forum. Approaching woman as some Suspicious Other is a TURN OFF. And an obvious one at that.
  3. You seem too eager. This does not mean they want you to play those pathetic “I’m too sexy for my shirt” games. It means she can’t take you seriously when you so obviously are obsessing about having sex with her and whether or not she wants to have sex with you and why this is unfair and why the frat guys get all the fun. Its annoying and a TURN OFF. You need to chill out. In fact, what would probably work best is if you jacked off before seeing her so you can calm the hell down and approach her like a human being instead of a leg-humping dog.

LOL! Hi darkmagnus. I like to make fun of everything, so nice to meet you too! About that tranny surprise factor… seriously, all except the modeling thing (I’m not that tall), I too have a scarily similar academic and performance background and enjoy a kinky sexuality (well, with my husband). So she might be real and if “guest” wasn’t real, the She she represented certainly is.

OH MY GOD YOU ARE FUNNY!!! seriously though, that’s the best advice you could give!!

personally, i’m just floating on top of this whole thing… thinking and talking about it just for fun. i’ve got a beautiful girlfriend who is smart and artistic. and myself, i’m smart, artistic, and (people tell me) good-looking. i couldn’t possibly be happier.

but i have experienced this phenomenon in years past… it definitely is frustrating when you’re being used for your brains and not gettin’ laid. :sunglasses:

HAHAHA I guess its hard for me to imagine. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I get very turned on by brains. The only times I’ve been turned off by men with big brains have been when they are just so socially awkward that chemistry was impossible, or big brained assholes. In fact, I’ve dated a few hotties and the second I realized that their smile was bigger than their brains, they became awfully unattractive.

Perhaps ya’ll are just going for the wrong kinds of girls. I’ve had no short supply of compliments on my very sexy physical self, so I’m not saying you should be going for the smart ugly girls. I’m just saying that perhaps ya’ll are going for the superficial obnoxious stupid girls (and by the way, there are just as many superficial obnoxious stupid guys).

Were the girls using you men for your brains just as interesting to talk to? If they were, then I’m at a loss. I would think, though, that they weren’t. Maybe you guys didn’t really notice the one-way conversation becuase of the drool seeping into your brains.

Just a thought.

hmm i think you are definitely the minority. i’ve met and dated too many girls and i’ve only met …TWO that have had the magic combinatinon of traits. the magic combination for me is: beauty (not just “cuteness” or “hotness”), intelligence (not just knowing lots of facts but the ability to interact spontaneously and creatively… and with depth), and genuine kindness/sensitivity.

i think some girls can appreciate intelligence but they don’t have it themselves, so they don’t have anything to offer. they just suck ya dry and take whatever they can get from you (intellectually speaking). this is a strange thing… its very common i think. i don’t think anyone should settle for a “smart ugly girl” …unless they want to. if you want a smart and beautiful girl you’ll just have to wait around and keep lookin’ (but don’t look TOO hard) …they’re extremely rare gems. :sunglasses:

molelove, dare i say that if we both weren’t taken we could have a little internet-thing going on. you’re a definite gem. :sunglasses:

why, spank you. :laughing:

Really? You call yourself French and you’d buy “intellect over sex anyday?”

My dear, what’s happening here is - that women are using the male intellectual whores not just for intellectual entertainment but mostly for attracting other males that they are REALLY attracted to. At the same time these intellectual whores while keeping entertaining company for the girls are also making them feel DESIRABLE. I would scream to these intellectual whores, “GET OUT OF THIS AND FAST.” And if you can kick butts of these women in the process, all the better. This is essentially what happens in internet relationships. The women who use guys like that are NOT interested in them physically AT ALL and never will be so these guys, the intellectual whores will end up being heart broken if they don’t leave soon. So much for a wonderful intellect! And what irony!

You fool! The issue wasn’t about the women getting the male intellectual whores, it was about the male intellectual whores wanting to “get” these women who USED them for entertaining company and were not able to. And the reason for that is because first these women are NOT in any way attracted to these male intellectual whores and on top of that they use them to feel desirable and also to attract other males whom these women really desire and have feelings for! You really did miss the main point.

You really like to hit the nail on the head, boy! That was a really good read! You wexplained the whole thing in wone wimple wentence. Wow! :smiley:

Oh for fuck’s sake. First off, we have the most incredibly beautiful segment of female intellectuals I have ever heard of. It’s amazing really. You know what, I’m cute. I’m not ugly, I don’t have any freakish problems, I used to be incredibly active, so I’m about 10 pounds heavier than I would prefer. Not every woman is a goddamned model.

Personally, the ONLY thing I look for in a man is his brains. If he can not stimulate me mentally, than what is the point? Looks fade, and when we’re all 50-60 years old, guess what? We’re going to look a hell of a lot worse than we do now. If you just want to get laid, then whine all you want to your friends and start going to bars to see if you can find some gir who’s drunk enough to fuck you. If you’re actually looking for an intelligent woman, then try being a decent human being instead of some attention and sex starved drooling psychotic. Even if we might have been interested in you to begin with, that’s just fucking creepy.

–Kissa

Speak for yourself! I look better and better the older I get!

It’s all survival. Women want the alpha-male. If they cannot win the alpha-male, they congregate with the betas. If you wish to remain a beta, then you will cater to their nagging want of entertainment. If you’re smart, you’ll jack-off (like someone had mentioned) before you meet up so as to realize how bored you actually are around her. Women/Men relationships are much different than Men/Men and Women/Women relationships. Men can rely on relating to a man based on the thoughts which are man-particular. Women can do the same with each other. Men/Women relationships are usually kept going due to some underlying carnal desire. Everyone is trying to secure a certain level of comfort. No one is usually satisfied when they reach that level. They want more. Thus, the conflict of lovers, and the comfort of comrades. You’d have to be a robot to be able to engage in a functional strictly physical relationship with one from the opposite sex and not feel any emotional longing for them after the ordeal. Its like coming down off of a good drug. You want to feel that same high again. Oh the fun of the power struggle. Who will win the admiration of the other? The psychological manipulation game. Try and secure some affection or else suffer the battery of the self that your love lacking brain will surely engage in.

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken.” … “The alternative to tragedy, or at least to the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell.” - C.S. Lewis (excerpt from the Chapter to Charity; The Four Loves)

Whoever this woman is, she brings a mighty hammerfist down on the whole schimigala

Excuse my language, and I barely use the word but…

Fuck them, if it was great keep fucking them, if it was bad, stop. Im no more smarter from fucking an intellectual than a non intellectual, but the sex was different.
One could stimulate my mind but couldn’t raise a hair on my arm.
The other didn’t matter because he made me loose control of my body.

If you marry a man who is smart but a bad lay, you’ll end up fucking the UPS man.
:laughing:

If you marry your good lay, all you can do is cheat intellectually with someone else. Then you’ll be having good sex with your spouse and good conversation with your friends.
Okay so what is the lesser of the two evils?
Cheating intellectually?
or
Cheating physically?

Viva!! to Heather Lewis. I have been doing this for months now. lol. And without the guilt. Why? Maybe, because the Bible did not qualify intellectual cheating as a sin—actually, I haven’t been following any religion for a few years now.

Anyway, she is right on all points. I have great sex with my partner, and great intellectual copulation with members of philosophy forums. I’m a whore and proud and happy about it.

I think a woman is only a ‘whore’ if she uses the threat of sexual intimacy as a tool to achieve her aims.

If you don’t manipulate men actively using your sexuality as a tool, then you aren’t a whore.

There are other women who do this, and they are devilish.

It’s disturbing how he takes in no accounts for his own actions. The rant alone is simple proof he has some unexpressed deeper issues than intamacy, or intellegence. He makes no effort in explaining his efforts in swooimg these females? Many females conversate & associate with numerous amounts of intellegent men. Of many different styles & ethinicity, based on the sole premise of their intellegence. Not once wanting anything more than a simple pleasant conversation with another individual. Are we to believe these women are intellectual whores? I don’t think so. He sounds like he’s having a hard time realizing life is not completely surrouned by sex. But that’s just me. :smiley: Hi I’m new by the way :stuck_out_tongue: