interesting links

I was came across a couple of interesting links from other forums; I though I’d share them. I think this post belongs either in this forum or in Mundane Babble. Pax Vitea (moderator), its your call.

First link:

psy.ritsumei.ac.jp/~akitaoka/t2_03.jpg

This one is a mind teaser of sorts. I thought it was damn fascinating; it’s all about your mind trying to make sense of what you’re seeing.
One suggestion> if you can, enlarge the screen.

[Added per Skeptic]

Second link:

quizilla.com/users/LoopyGirl/qui … %20you%3F/
What sort of Nightmare are you?
(brought to you by quizilla.com)
I’m not sure how valid this quiz is but it’s interesting none the less.
According to the quiz, im a Whispering Nightmare. Whispering Nightmare

Try it for yourself.

interesting links silver. the first is like there moving, whenever you go to move your view slightly.

the second my result is
live.quizilla.com/user_images/L/ … _psych.jpg
i dont know how to paste it.

im sick of doing that

man, that first link is a trip. I printed it out and still can stop looking at it. Thanks, I’ll have fun with that one.

smooth what nightmare are you

i could sit & stare at that, all day. :slight_smile:

I am becoming hypnotized by watching the circles! :slight_smile:

that’s really lovely!

I’m a whispering nightmare as well, them circles are a trip. I can’t wait until I can smoke weed again so I can look at it.

Here is another fascinating image.

psy.ritsumei.ac.jp/~akitaoka/motion.html
(First one)

The question that I keep asking myself whenever I see these sort of images is, “ how can I actually see the image for that it really is if my mind has to constantly reconstruct it, and thus constantly change what im seeing?” I don’t know about you guys but I cant seem to see the image without having it change every time I look at it, without seeing a different thing every time.
I mean, I know that the picture isn’t moving on its own because the exact part that im looking at isn’t moving, the rest of the image is. And it is only when I stop moving my eyes does the whole picture stop moving, but then im not looking at the whole thing, just one part.

Is it possible for someone to see the intire image for what it is? Or is it necessary for our brains to distort the image in order for us to see it and make sense of it?

[if this one isnt moving for you ( only one person ive showed this to said it wasnt moving), refer back to the yellow circles for a better example]

Think of the implications

To know that something is not as you see it, and yet that you cannot see it any other way.

I guess Kant would say ‘I told you so.’…My opinion anyway

Strangely enough, this is the same phenomena that I was trying to explain with the halucinogens (LSD, Shrooms, etc.). We only see things as we have the ability to or as our brains allow us to. Reality may be percieved much differently from the perspective of a being with different sensory organs and a different brain structure. We just so happen to percieve the world with our five senses, but imagine, if you can, if there were some things that we are limited in seeing. I wonder if there are any other possible senses other than the five we know: sight, sound, taste, smell, and touch.

Kind of got off on a crazy tangent, but hopefully I made some sense.

God…

Dear god,

My folks are both psychologists. Trust me, less is more.

-Rafa

:astonished: God!!!..anyways, interesting links.

Heres a good site for those wishing to be helped with definitions and writing.
RhymeZone rhyming dictionary and thesaurus

HowStuffWorks - Learn how Everything Works!

or

If your into predicting events through inter-planet movements (such as mars been closer than it has for… well, a long time anyways, been the “cause” of 9/11 and Iraq’s invasion).
:unamused:
NASA - JPL Solar System Simulator