Children's stories / Stories about animals

Uncle Goat and Uncle Lion

Uncle Goat was drinking water by some pasture he liked. Suddenly, he saw Uncle Lion come out of some tall grass and charge at him! Uncle Goat ran and Uncle Lion gave chase, but Uncle Goat had reacted in time and the distance was too great and Uncle Lion got tired and stopped.

• Stop, Goat!

He yelled. To his surprise, Uncle Goat stopped and turned around.

• Yes, fair Lion?

Uncle Lion hesitated. He couldn’t believe his luck!

• Thank you for calling me fair!

He said,

• I noticed you from afar and wondered if you would come talk with me? I too think you are fair!

Uncle Goat answered,

• I will gladly talk with such a fair Lion! But I cannot approach any closer or you will eat me.

• I do not want to eat you, fair Goat,

Said Uncle Lion,

• It is just that I noticed your beautiful legs. I would like to admire them! But my sight is not what it used to be, I am an old Lion… Could you not come a little closer?

So Uncle Goat walked a little closer.

• Ah, yes, those are beautiful legs, fair Goat! Would you prance around?

Said Uncle Lion.

So Uncle Goat pranced around.

• Fair Goat! How beautiful your hair moves as you prance around! But my sight does not allow me to admire your hairs from this distance. I am an old Lion… Might you not move a little closer?

Asked Uncle Lion.

• Fair Lion, let us go near that mountain and we can stand closer!

Replied Uncle Goat.

• I am king, everything is my kingdom, and so is that mountain! I will gladly go near it with you!

Said Uncle Lion.

So Uncle Goat and Uncle Lion went near the mountain and stood closer. Uncle Lion could not believe his luck! He was finally close enough to catch Uncle Goat in a chase.

• Yes, fair Goat, your hairs are very beautiful! But I want to prance with you! You prance so beautifully!

Said Uncle Lion.

• I will be happy to prance with such a fair Lion!

Replied Uncle Goat.

Uncle Lion did not delay and gave chase. Uncle Goat turned and pranced toward and up the mountain. Uncle Lion followed. Uncle Goat led them to a rocky ridge where climbing was difficult.

• Fair Lion,

Said Uncle Goat,

• How well you prance!

• Yes!

Said Uncle Lion,

• You as well, fair Goat. Can you leap onto that stone?

And Uncle Goat leapt onto the stone Uncle Lion pointed to.

• Fair Lion, can you leap onto that one?

Asked Uncle Goat as they kept climbing.

Uncle Lion leapt onto the stone Uncle Goat pointed to.

They went like this for a while, challenging eachother to ever more difficult leaps. Finally, Uncle Lion pointed to a stone very near him.

• Fair Goat, can you leap onto that one?

He asked.

Uncle Goat leapt to the stone and, just before Uncle Lion could catch him with his claws, leapt from it onto a very steep barren slope. Frenzied, Uncle Lion gave chase.

• Fair Lion, be careful! You might fall and break your fair neck! That would be a shame!

Said Uncle Goat.

• I am king,

Answered Uncle Lion,

• This is my kingdom, there is no part of it that I cannot roam better than my subjects.

• Fair Lion,

Replied Uncle Goat,

• You have your Pride, that is yours. I have my Mountain, that is mine. Do not go further up my Mountain and risk breaking your fair neck! That would be a shame!

Uncle Goat gracefully leapt and bound up the mountain.

The Scorpion and The Turtle

• Turtle, will you carry me accross that river on your shell?

• Scorpion, if I do that you will sting me.

• Come on Turtle, I need to get accross!

The Turtle decides to carry the Scorpion accross, but shake him off before they reach land and while the Scorpion can still make it. He thinks, the Scorpion cannot penetrate my shell anyway.

• Alright Scorpion, come on!

The Scorpion climbs on the Turtle’s shell and they begin to cross. As they are close, the Turtle decides to shake the Scorpion off but, as he begins to move, the Scorpion’s stinger is already in his neck.

The Bull and The Lion

One day, a Bull walks into a Lion’s pride. The Lion looks at him bemused. The Bull explains that he is fearsome too, and would like to be friends and go on adventures. The Lion is impressed and takes the Bull up on his word. They devise a plan to go out into the Plains and pick a fight with some Hyenas. The plan settled, the Bull turns to the Lion and says maybe they should think about it more carefully, but the Lion says “no time” and charges into the plains. When he turns to the Bull to coordinate attack positions, he realizes the Bull is not there. He walks back to the pride and finds the Bull still there, shyly shifting in his hooves. The Lion asks wtf, the Bull explains that he is fearsome, but he is not a hunter like the Lion and needs to take his time to attack.

It hits the Lion that the Bull is only fearsome in defence, which bores him, and starts getting a mind to attack, which could be fun given that that would spring the Bull’s fearceness and anyway he is getting hungry. The Bull notices some of this and charges off, perhaps proud of having stood with a Lion, perhaps giggling at his mischief, perhaps frustrated that he is fierce like a Bull and not like a Lion. In any case, the charge is proud and the Lion does not give chase. He is a healthy Bull, so even if he could catch him it would be a hard fight and also he is endeared by the Bull’s bravery. He does roar after him as he charges off, because his pride demands it.

This is fertile.
I probably shouldn’t have replied.

Shark and Dolphin?

Wow lol. Let me mull it ovr

The ocean is harder to penetrate. Though that Oceans 3D movie really for the first time allows one to imagine it. I’ll mull it

The Shark and The Dolphins

A group of dolphins was swimming when they noticed a big shark. Curious, the head dolphin went up to it. It started swimming by it, near it. It poked it and swam back. The shark didn’t mind, it knew it would eventually find food. The dolphin started teasing it, ramming into it, setting itself in frontal attack position. The shark made threatening dances and the dolphin swimmed off, lingering near it with its dolphin friends. The shark didn’t mind, it knew it would eventually find food.

The dolphin consulted with its friends and went back with new tricks. It imitated fish, left dead fish near it and pulled it back right before the shark could eat it. The shark didn’t mind. It knew it would eventually find food.

The dolphin again went back and consulted with its friends. It went to the shark and orchestrated fake attacks, prompting the shark now to threat dance, now to lunge. It drew such a violence show from the shark that it was very pleased and so were its friends. Eventually the shark honed in on the dolphin and again it swam back to consult with its friends. The shark didn’t mind. It knew it would eventually find food.

The dolphin went to the shark again with a more complicated plan. It set up dead fish for the shark, then pretended to be a competing shark. When the shark went to attack it, its friends would pretend to be other sharks and veer him off. After a while the shark honed in on them and they swam back. The shark didn’t mind, it knew it would eventually find food.

The dolphins went to all kinds of tricks. They simulated girl sharks, banks of fish, unintelligible noises and patterns, always the shark reacted. The shark didn’t mind. It knew it would eventually find food.

The head dolphin at this point had fallen in love with the shark, and followed him everywhere, getting to know him through his reactions. The shark didn’t mind. It knew it would eventually find food.

Many years passed and the shark was able a number of times to hurt the dolphin, and the dolphin often hurt the shark in retaliation. Even chastised the shark for not being like its dolphin friends. The shark didn’t mind. It knew it would eventually find food.

Sometimes, when the dolphin and its friends had their orgies, the shark smelled food and swam at them all in attack. But the clever dolphins swam off and outmanuevered him. The shark didn’t mind. It knew it would eventually find food. Though the lingering smell would bother his tummy at those times.

Eventually the dolphin talked to the shark.

• Where are you going, Shark?

The shark answered,

• To great stores of food.

The dolphin had sharp senses and it knew there was no food around. It laughed at the shark and with his friends and teased him when he found some scrap here or there.

But as time went on and the dolphin noticed the Shark’s certainty, it began to get very curious.

• Shark, where are you going?

• To great stores of food.

How did the shark know this?

The dolphin made fun of him and with his friends, but it secretly began to become more and more convinced that it was true. Why such certainty?

The shark didn’t mind. It knew it would eventually find food.

Until it became that the dolphins were thoroughly convinced and followed the shark in search of great stores of food. The shark didn’t mind. It knew it would eventually find food.

Fantastic.

What about… horse-bug, duck-bear, man-wolf, panther-zebra