the devil in the details

I mean to think about the relationship between depression, philosophy, the past and the present, and between myself and my contemporary fellow human beings and the old thinkers who suffered but did not yet know the extent of the worlds ugliness.

Here is a picture I’d like us all to meditate on for a second.

probaway.files.wordpress.com/20 … uer_33.jpg

Next, let’s take a glance at what was said to begin with, what I commented and what WW_III_Responded in response to that.
(I leave in typos that I like these days)

It all started in a grim, charcoal landscape.

Nietzsche’s torment, his existential disgust, has been endured by others - it is only that not very many were willing and able to write so well about their honest findings. I believe it’s possible that it was Nietzsche’s honesty and outspokenness that shattered him - in the end he had no world to call his ground. His world waited for different kinds of humans on the other side of an immense abyss.
We are of this world. The grim depression of Schopenhauer and the bipolar despair and ecstasy of Nietzsche are archetypes in the modern mind.

It is true, man has been initiated into a state of permanent turbulence - we can no longer escape into animality, the codex of paranoid reason is all engulfing. Whoever has not suffered from this, is indeed either a fool or a brute - Nietzsche was neither, and he went to such lengths to purge himself of the nagging knowledge of doom, that he was willing to become doom; what does this remind of? “I am no man, I a dynamite”… He threw himself to the ground and exploded; his philosophy was in a sense a self-righteous suicide; it was all the time completely explicit that he did not as a man of flesh and blood live up to his own standards, his tastes. He did not overcome Schopenhauer as a man – but his writings are are superior. He understood his suffering to be a function of his power; he wrote to salvation (Boo III of Zarathustra frightens me because of this) and he understood the condition that is not depression to be one of existential truth; a raw sense of happiness emerged; where man had always identified savagery with depravity, it now became in a way that is if anything rooted in the French enlightenment, a form of power that spawns culture itself; the non-conceptual and ambiguous ‘state of nature’ that Rousseau and Locke an everyone was on about had now become a scientific inevitability at any given instance.

If this is not a symptom of severe depression, then I am a waterelephant upside down in the sky with rubies and royal babies and all that – no, WW_III needs to be addressed if we are to understand the present relationship of philosophy and mass-psychology; i.e. the state of mind of mankind. The kind of state of man, the state and kind of man, the kind man of the state…

:angry-screaming:

This is a good description of modernity, but anxious(depressed) people are coming around to an antidote, besides drugging themselves into oblivion, and that is opening themselves up, creating personal spaces of absolute insulated states-periodically. and relieve themselves of auto erotic guilt around faithless vanity… The analogy of electric insulation is very fitting, and we have come a long way to disparage ourselves of the trap of falling into despair by mixing earth shaking events with trifles.

Those kinds of confusions come on at the beginning of new ventures of transvaluations , and indeed , the conflation between a demon and a divinity create an absolute bottomless pit , not part human and animal , not either or, not nor yea, but a totally endless pit of the grand unplanned for design.

Magical thinking is really a meta being, below but above everything, and the middle isn’t in the eye of the storm , of two triangular apexes joined together, Michelangelo said it better wordlessly, with man barely touching god at the fingertips.

It is life that is paradoxical , not really real.

That is Why need not fear . the all into the one.
And conversely.

If I hadn’t known you for a while you would charge me with irrelevance and more.