Captain Gabriel and the Great Planetary Odyssey

Hey everyone, check this out:

I finally finished it! Gonna have it printed as a hard copy book and give it to my son on his 7th birthday on Feb. 7.

I also give this e-copy to the world (particularly ILP junkies) for free!

Enjoy!

Gin, where can we buy it ‘free’?

Gin? are you dreaming of g&t o’clock Meno? :slight_smile:

Gib! I am happy to share UK way. What are your future plans for the book?

It’s at the link I provided:

Give it to my son as a birthday gift Feb 7. Beyond that, I plan to add some illustrations and maybe come out with a second edition in a year from now (or thereabouts). I’d also like to put it up on Kindle.

Maybe one day, I’ll make a lot of money and be able to afford marketing. But without that, it’s near impossible to sell at that scale.

How did the present receiving go?

Have you thought of self-publishing it on a self-publishing site? I know many that have done… on here and in RL.

Sorry, Magj, I have never had a computer and its soooooooo difficult for someone with bas eyesight to write on the LG phone, it was way better on my Blackberry. I sometimes of progress as compromising. quality.

Thanks, GIB , I did download it , and hope to read it this weekend.

Without a hitch. :slight_smile: He was happy to get it (though he knew it was coming). I read a chapter a night to both them when I have them over. We’re up to Chapter 5: A Breezy Spacewalk. I had to read that one to them separately. Friday night, Kades was “too tired” to listen to the next chapter. So Cas and I read it in my room while Kades fell asleep. The next night, Kades wanted me to read the chapter to him–WITHOUT Cassidy–because it wouldn’t be fair if she got to hear it twice. :laughing: Cas didn’t mind; she agreed that hearing it a second time in a row wasn’t necessary (and personally, I think she’s more addicted to her iPad than the book. Ha! Ha!)

I thought of it, but I actually want to put a cap on how ambitious I want to be about this. I’m trying not to get too attached to things that won’t necessarily pay off in the long run. Now if I could get free marketing and distribution, I might actually consider it more (more within reach). But I started this project as a labor of love, and a gift for my son, and I’m OK with that being all that it is.

Awesome! :handgestures-thumbupleft: Let me know what you think.

Read both versions left and right, it would take longer then
long to give justice, and both left and right were spectacularly coordinated with a tremendous energy and spent of incredible dedication.

But, let me go back from chapter 24, on the right side, I cried well almost.

Now reading stuff I kind of know about Your biographical sketches of divorce and custody issues. and I know your pain, and I do not know how much you read me, but to think back how my passes son was when he looked up on me with such gentle trusting eyes, is an enormous weight, that I can not near anymore to listen to the song ’ The weight’ at their last concert in San Francisco, and how this event synching with a vision of my wonderful son, with that song and now synching and sinking Starship and prior to that others a vast diagram of of branching out feelings, its just such an overbearing rush and the left side waa mostly as seem by him I am sure of that where as the right was you as you try mix both sides created in me a dizzying feeling of a nostalgic and nauseating nauseating feeling of ennui.
Its long, and and journey like is easy through the mind of parent/child, bittersweet, in my case unrecoverable and unsurpaasable regret and guilt and near insanity , built on tremendous dysfunction, a vision of Alice in wonderland, star trek, mixed with the regressive pathos of children playing with advanced instruments no longer understood , because their adults habe ceased to understand the vastness of the universe lime the German scientist Gertrude wanting to just stay on Uranus.

This is merely first reading, but again chp 24 proved to me to be a devastating remainder I wish I have never read.

Now You may begin to understand why my space ship has floundered about 8 years ago. I wrote his book, that I published after his direction to publish it, much more topical but equally sad, and at the time , when I edited it again and again, I could not take all the mistakes out because my tears prevented clarity .

I hope to fix things what remains of my family another son who has never said to me I love you dad as he meant it, two daughter andnaox grand children. I live for my 3 year old grandson and my daughter needs me almost as.much as she does her husband, which is very burdensome, but everybody says he is so much as my lost son, that it inputess and endless compelling preoccupation.

Thanks Gin, hope to correspond later, as I too plane for.an extended furlough for a.period of.study into the existentialist

In too am a traveler, this year I plan to go to Colorado, Boulder particularly, and maybe Europe again, Hungary, where I am from and maybe Phillippine again, where from my wife is from.

Well Meno, you drunkard, I hope things work out between you and your family. Though I can’t quite fully grasp everything you’ve expressed in this post because you type like most alcoholics drive, I can imagine you being a fucking sobbing emo at your keyboard just trying to reach out to another drunkard on the internet hoping that he can offer you some solace to numb the pain caused by the loss of your children. Don’t worry, I’m not deliberately trying to be an asshole (well, I am), but the point is… I feel you. I hear what you’re saying and I feel you. I just couldn’t give a damn. But I’m more than happy to discuss, and I’ll try my best to pretend to care… that is, if you want to carry on this discussion on the open forum. As an alternative, you could PM me, and I’ll be far less inclined to be an asshole (because it’s a bit more personal) but don’t hold out your hopes that you’ve found someone who cares. I’m not your friend.

Of. Course, just keeping my promise, and being honest. Thanks for a chance, a glimpse.

Later.

Later skater! :smiley:

I don’t skate, but I do take my alligator for a daily walk.

There is only artificial ice here (california) , not like in Minnesota , where all 10,000 lakes make for impromptu ice rinks.

Hurray to the ice queen-snow princess.
I would like more control over my drinking, and even of I do need a sip now and then to enhance creativity, I give store to graduated control.

i really wish, you lots of luck with Your book, and there is a great deal of merit in it…

Well, Meno, you know you can lean on me as a friend, right? I always thought of you as a friend and I always will. That will never change.

Thank You Gib, really appreciate that, pledging friendship as well.

And truly hoping it will be lasting, not to go south.

Gib … I read a couple of chapters of your book and a page or two of the epilogue … as you know I’m a big picture small minded old man … details confuse me. :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth here is my gut reaction:

1. A veritable Masterpiece … a wholesome legacy that will serve many future generations of your progeny.

2. Subliminal prophetic or desirable outcomes embedded in your creative fantasies.

3. The name Gabriel in your title … generally understood to mean “messenger”. Hmmm!

4. In a word … a rather strange word popped into my head … a word I never use … topology. Hmmm!

Topology is about mappings, isn’t it? Maybe trilogy? Maybe you thought trilogy, and that became topology? GASP Should I make this into a trilogy?! Should I, Pilgrim? :laughing:

Read it … now I can put a name to my travel buddy … TG :slight_smile: I also read the last page … more on this later.

kinda … sorta … today some people can travel beyond the prison … ergo …

[b]

[/b]

When the Evolution of Being reaches a certain stage all people will be free.

Nope … topology is definitely the word … after reading your last page the feeling was reinforced.

Mug_and_Torus_Morph.gif

Trilogy huh? … sounds like you’re going to be busy for a while. :slight_smile:

Emerging thoughts stemming from Chapter 14.

You tell us TG as a travel buddy doesn’t come free … and winning his assistance isn’t easy.

For me … the prison people live in … with the same consequence as TG hanging on the wall unable to free himself … is SCAP … Social Constructs and their Attendant Proprieties.

The price of journeying with the help of TG beyond the boundaries of SCAP is a PhD from the University of Hard Knocks … many enter … few graduate.

Hmm… the alpha and the omega… the story begins and ends in the same way… a transition into and a transition out of (a dream), and it is done seamlessly so that the reader doesn’t quite know when he has left the crib and when he as entered the cosmos (or visa-versa). ← Maybe this seamless transition is the topology, a way of mapping the one world to the other. I mean, if Gabriel started his adventures saying: “Okay, here’s how the story starts…” then it would be abrupt and we wouldn’t be able to trace elements in this reality with elements in the other. But a fluid transition is a topology.

Well, Pilgrim, you read into it what you may. Hopefully it will inspire you and others.