Interjunction.

Elevate form over function to get at less easily articulable truths.

Re: Interjunction.

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:05 am

HA! Well now that I have your attention let me add, he was a hedonistic egomaniac, bent on acquiring power over others and addicted to sex and a multitude of mind-altering drugs.

No doubt you have read his comment, "Before Hitler was, I am". Such a comment reduced him to a pathetic, jealous, disturbed man.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:27 am

Before everything else Sauwelios, this is not what we mean when we say "woman".
Trolling is genderless.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Thunderbolt steers all things.
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:01 am

My post is a legitimate contribution to the discussion and indeed factual and even if it gives rise to your disagreement, it is not trolling.

Learn to take it on the chin, at least occasionally.

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:51 pm

A Shieldmaiden wrote:My post is a legitimate contribution to the discussion and indeed factual and even if it gives rise to your disagreement, it is not trolling.

Learn to take it on the chin, at least occasionally.

Yes, it was trolling and at that so stupid it made me laugh. I don't know what you're thinking about your posting, but from where Im standing you've very rarely if ever been able or willing to respond to a point directly, accurately or even just respectfully, and never to submit your own theses for discussion. Here again you are like a teenage girl in a convent who has read something in a forbidden gossip magazine, and you think your overexcited yelping constitutes an angle to the discussion - perhaps even a philosophical angle. It goes very far with you. All we can see is a neurotic wetting her panties, trust me. Its unclean to behave like that in a thread like this, which is directly emerging from someones soul, so Im telling you how it is. Please clean up your act and learn to respect men when they do what woman can not.

By the way, as a British spy writing in character for a nazi-sympathic American paper, (one of many) Crowley managed to point the thick headed Americans to the reality in Europe and caused the Americans to not take Hitlers side. Until then they were leaning to just join Hitler. You can see with the Democrats now where that impulse came from.

Anyway Crowley had an interesting life that shaped the course of history. Good lad.
- Thucydides

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:55 pm

As for taking a punch, Ive been taking punches from powerful online thinkers with very different views since 2001. The first years I hardly did anything but take punches.
If you had the slightest respect for philosophy you'd have seen how fucking well I take punches, and adapt my position if a strong perspective overrules an aspect of it.
That just doesn't happen a lot anymore --- precisely because I am unafraid to get hurt.
In terms of philosophy I am a Marine, no one has taken more punches than me.

Just don't think spitting in my general direction amounts to a punch.
Its Aleister, by the way, not Alistair. But I assume that was jest.
- Thucydides

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Sauwelios » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:08 pm

About your next two posts, FC, I can only say again, "good stuff"!

Fixed Cross wrote:In short, I do not value self-valuing in terms of anything else, I value everything else in terms of self-valuing.
Thus, Crowley, Jung, the ancient Hebrews, or whoever, have no fundamental significance - they are merely grain on my mill.
Nietzsche, Heraclitus and Thales are men I consider akin to my ethics of logic, and these three do hold for me a fundamental significance.
Homers works are no less fundamental, for the same reasons.
I truly see most of what has been thought since Athens became too civilized and produced Socrates who could never be imagined in war or in the wild, as abject nonsense. And that is because Socrates introduced the practice of indirect, referential virtue. Virtue that can be inferred using tricks of reason. But real virtue is alway splendidly palpable, radiantly healthy and straight-forward. So to me Sokrates represents a klippotic shell of virtue empty of self-valuing, wanting only death (being un-death).

Plato depicts Socrates in war: retreating, to be sure, but fighting or at least _scaring_ off pursuers, while carrying wounded Alcibiades on his back.

As for women: that's a great complement to aphorism 68 of The Merry Science (as I recently translated it). The reason I translated and posted that, by the way, is the whole #MeToo virus. My point is that a well brought up man is not just one who can control his urges, but moreover one who disdains women wearing skimpy clothes in public. If enough men were brought up well enough, a lot more would change than men regularly groping women in clubs and the like...
Sauwelios
Philosophical Supremacist

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:44 pm

My misspelling of his name was not in jest, but it brought to my attention that his birth name was Edward Alexander Crowley, I presume the name Aleister was an affectation of his.

My chief objection to Crowley was his obvious lack of self discipline. His mantra was if it feels good, do it, which fits in well with the rule of today's philosophy of hedonism, in that pleasure is the sole chief good in life and that the material world is all there is and Crowley was a fine example of unrestrained hedonism as throughout his life he 'gorged' himself.

The one attribute that perhaps he could genuinely claim to have........he was one of the smoothest con men in history.

"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Creative Writing