Art's art.

This will be a simple thread for art. The name of the thread is a bit clever, it can be interpreted in two ways, art is art, or artimas’ art. Art is art, meaning it is for anyone to post whatever they feel is art, because if it makes you feel something, even a tiny bit deep inside, it is real art.

I have been writing and trying to get back to philosophy lately… For a while I had lost who I was and sat only to wither in misery. Even though not everyone here always agrees or perhaps some never agree, I still view it as a giant family of which we connect through philosophical endeavor. We all seek the light, as well as face the dark.

I wrote two poems so far and am wanting to practice more with incorporating my poetry I write into music, I am trying to learn guitar as well as well as the patience it takes to do such.

Feel free to interpret the art as you wish.

Short but hopefully hold substance.

Girl you’re such a beautiful thing,
T’was already late afternoon in September,
Let the smiles flow and the joy-song ring,
T’was another hot day to remember,
Flowing thoughts and rushing rapids,
Back in the day when we made it happen

When all is done and all is said,
The pain and sorrow buried within,
I await the future that comes ahead,
The heavy heart has inspired the pen,
Shed the old and enter unto new,
The wisdom gathered will see you through,
Dark and light, wrong but right,
Scream another tune tonight

I’m not much interested in poetry and certainly not educated in the subject. I like Walt Whitman’s free verse stuff, especially “Song of Myself,” largely because of his metaphysical overtones presented within the piece which are in line with my personal philosophy. I also enjoy some romantic poetry which I would judge your piece as. I really like it! My interpretation? Here’s a line from a short story I wrote, a few lines of which are in German:

”… schau niemals rückwärts und lebe nicht in der Vergangenheit!”

If interested (assuming you don’t speak or read German), go to Google translate and see if I’m on or off base with your intentions.

Thanks again. It’s brief but thoroughly enjoyable; most nostalgic. I think it will translate well into music.

Hi Artimas,
:happy-sunshine:

I hope that things are flowing more smoothly for you, Artimas.

I like the name Artimas ~ although Artimas’ art would be a bit of a trek, tongue wise. lol So Art’s art is smooth.

Pablo Picasso said that “The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls”.

I think that is one good expression of what art can be ~ in other words, it can be a great catharsis for what we ourselves or others are feeling inside, either the positive or the negative.

Robert Frost said that “A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness.”

This is true and much more than that. I’ve experienced it.

Charles Bukowski said that “Poetry is what happens when nothing else can.”

My interpretation below as to the above but perhaps not too much to the point…but according to one’s own perspective.

[b]PERCY BYSSHE SHELLEY: “THE MASQUE OF ANARCHY”
(published in 1832 - Shelley died in 1822)

This poetic fountain of outrage was prompted by the infamous Peterloo Massacre of 1819 in Manchester, England.

The massacre began as a peaceful protest of pro-democracy and anti-poverty and ended with at least 18 deaths and over 700 serious injuries. Within those numbers were innocents; women and children. Two centuries later the poem retains its power.

Shelley’s moving poem is an epic 91 verses, each of four or five lines a piece. It is brilliantly written and mirrors the intensity of the 39th and 40th stanzas:

XXXIX.

What is Freedom?—ye can tell
That which slavery is, too well—
For its very name has grown
To an echo of your own.

XL.

’Tis to work and have such pay
As just keeps life from day to day
In your limbs, as in a cell
For the tyrants’ use to dwell, [/b]

I am glad that you have been finding your way back. It is a process.
Most of us have been there. I know that I have.

I do agree with you. I have a feeling that most in here would be helpful and supportive when it comes right down to it. Only a chosen few who are not capable of facing their own darkness, misery or despair would look away.
But who cares, right?

Kudos to you. Moving forward and being creative can help relieve loss and pain.

Oh, I will! I will! :mrgreen:

I think that for me it’s almost a perfect flow insofar as the words go.
I could almost imagine the beautiful, late-afternoon-in-September scenery, the smiling faces and intuit the joy which was being experienced.
I can sense the nostalgia between the lovely laid-back words.

Ah, there IS so much meaning within these words, the above verse.
I see a lot of Hope trying to get through and shining through.

The poet here is doing exactly what the three poets I listed above spoke about.

But don’t bury the pain and the sorrow. Let it come out for a little while and speak to you…in doses. Let it continue to “inspire your pen”. Eventually you will send it on its way…at least perhaps for the most part. We can usually live with For The Most Part.

It all takes time. There is a process to shedding a skin and putting on another. Or perhaps the one just falls away, bit by bit, and the other is just beneath ~~ waiting there patiently.

Sometimes we scream and sometimes we cry them.
But if you are able to, gratitude for what was is a very powerful emotion and transcending quality. :angelic-blueglow:
that can warm and light your being.

Take it slow and easy and SMILE.

So I guess you’ve come to replace the retired Jokers of this forum.

Personally, I’d rather not smile until I have something to smile about, which I don’t.

What do you find to be such a joke about what I said to him?
Would you actually like people to live in constant pain without any breathers at all?

You might surprise yourself. Have you ever looked around you? Are you saying that there is not a thing in the world which you find to smile about?
What comes first ~~ the belief or the idea?

No not really.

Well, I have an idea that some of my posts may have put a smile on your face or would I be wrong?
Some of them may have made you laugh outright knowing you.

Good to have you back in here.

What is it that you are doing in your avatar and is that Yoda? :mrgreen:

Because I’m laughing doesn’t mean I’m happy. When you say “something to smile about” you mean a deeper meaning, and a sort of feminine happiness, which I don’t have because the only emotions I feel on a daily basis are sadness and anger.

Good to be back, Arc my love.

My avatar is Trixie Bane about to fight someone in a Purple Hero Outfit (mare do well). The purple outfit is similar to trixie’s old outfit but it is not Trixie. This is a metaphor of my schizophrenia and multiple personalities and the fact that the thoughts in my head constantly antagonize and bully myself on a daily basis.

Ultimate Philosophy 1001

Of course it doesn’t. Some people may be happy and yet do not express that happiness through laughter. It can be a more quiet serene feeling.

But you are still laughing. That does take away some of the sting of the moment. It is still a catharsis.
Sometimes I think that happiness is a choice ~~ it is our choice to allow ourselves to feel more free, more stoic which can lead to some happiness ~~ or to be a woe-is-me.
When that butterfly lands on your shoulder, we have the choice to allow him to be there or to swat him away.

How deep a meaning does a smile have to come from?
I said a smile. I wasn’t thinking of either deeper or more shallow.
A flying moth can bring a smile without consideration.
Isn’t a smile just an automatic gesture on the part of the face? lol

Feminine happiness? Oh, so what are you saying here?
I don’t regard a smile to have a gender.

Well, perhaps I cannot know since I cannot live in your shoes. But you never experience any positive emotion at all?

What brought you back?

I know that it may seem incongruous to say it but I do wish you well always.

So what about the Art?

It’s not in my hands nor is it all my fault.
For example, I want to build a facility for ILP, but I know everyone is just going to dick around and try not to help me, and then it’s a repeat of Mother Hen. Being stoic gets you nowhere when the world is rigged against you and people don’t want to contribute anything. And there’s nothing to be happy about, people don’t want great things just want the world to decay into shitness.

Butterflies don’t land on my shoulder, I have to chase girls and deal with their bullshit.

Yeah it definitely does in the way you’re meaning.
Like, when I’m not feeling feminine, I dont feel the need to smile about stupid shit. Like a pretty building doesn’t make me happy, just makes me angry, because it’s stupid and my enemy. Nor does watching birds or nature make me want to smile.

Well, I was banned for 3 months because I said that carrots were not sentient and that lesbian sensuality was more popular than gay sensuality. Basically, simply stating obvious facts and truths may put you in danger of censorship.

A little bit smoother, yeah I need to post more.

Good to see you around Artimas. :smiley:

And good to be back here.

Why tell me why, do I even try
Lately I let loose and just cry
I wake up in the morning with a sigh
I wonder when my end will be nigh
Another day of Anxiety and depression
They form a trap, a crippling connection
Lately it creeps up when I am not suspectin
In the past, the last me let it out in agression
An acidic emotion which is anti-refreshin
I know others feel and do this too
But in my mind I am all alone, nothin new
I continue to sigh and cry then try again
To be happy, to not feel crappy, it’s not the end
It can’t be now no matter how much i feel
Outside is a smile, inside I scream and squeal
So loud and loud, but am drowned in the crowd
All I want is for someone to be so proud
A life of rejection, a lack of affection
Some people think it’s all for attention
As if I want to feel a huge wave of depression
I’m sorry I’ll go now, just thought I’d leave a message in this short session.

I’m addicted to the romance
And I ain’t talkin bout what’s in 'er pants
I’m talkin bout that calmness you get
When ya with your best girl just havin a cig
Just sittin outside or maybe in ya ride
Ain’t got no time for side hoes n drama shows
I’m talkin bout that real shit, that calm love ya get, maybe once maybe twice and if ya lucky maybe thrice, that’d be nice
Look into 'er eyes, know when ya got a real prize, ain’t ever 'gon wanna cut ties
It’s about that ride or die, that girl you call “mine”
The woman you can spend unlimited amounts of time with
Straight outta the sky, she’s God’s gift, she’ll give ya a lift, when ya down
Type of woman that rubs you down when you off work n lounging around
Call her Minerva, she a goddess
lookin so good in that laced up bodice

Perspective on paper,
I’ll be just another shaper,
Let these words paint an image,
life like a scrimmage.
here we go
Takin it slow, here’s what I gotta say
off of work, another long day,
hop the bus and I’m on my way,
Home, the place I wanna be
Bout ten more stops and I can rest these knees
Pull up to them tracks, in the middle of the rain,
thank god it ain’t a long train
Make a person wanna pull a glock to the brain.
One person here, three people there,
These stops be feelin like just another time snare,

Stole her heart like a burglar
I know I fucked up n hurt her
Now she left me here sitting alone
Don’t blame her, was a dysfunctional home
But I love her I love her, don’t want any other
I really never wanted her to feel any sufferin
Told her when she left we can start fresh again
Walk a new path, not where we already been
“No, i can’t right now love, I gotta grow, so
Don’t wait up for me, n I know you would, just don’t please, just leave for me, see you have done enough damage, yelling and treating me bad, it can’t be fixed with any type of bandage
you need to learn more, like how to manage
Your anger and anxiety, you seek attention
Through notoriety and negative adrenaline
I know you get it, why do I say it again n again”

Have you ever been so low?
Where if death beckoned you, you willingly go?
Like your last breath wouldn’t be too bad
What is worse than people making you feel mad?
When you’re the us and they’re the them
And it Brings you around the edge again
Maybe I really should dig a hole
Doesn’t everyone need some type of goal?
I try to stay positive but that’s just a game
Of cat and mouse and going insane

Let’s hear some more rap, man.

I was pretty blown away by what you wrote in my thread.

And to be real, war is an insane game, yet unavoidable, at certain point to lash out, before destroying your own, where the game becomes the goal to transpire, where hunters will become hunted .and may expire.