Experience. check
Wisdom. check
Literacy. check
Poetry. check
Empathy. check
Manboobs. check
Now then, shall we begin…

Begin what, mate?

Have you resigned yourself to the fact that you’ve got man boobs? why put it on the list… as a sign of humour?

Seems to me that Gamer is penning something Jerkey… a book perhaps, or just this post?

I admit, Magsj, that it seems kind os silly to let the boobs thing go, however, I wanted to give the impression that I had nothing special to pin on him, and by taking the whole list generally, did not let a strategic move in through the back door, in the event that focus would have sifted away from the essential motive of the thing, as it were. I was hoping that this appearent negligence would throw the whole reception of this piece into disarray, whether it was purposefully omitted, or casually by a temporary careless omission.

Nevertheless it’s all good, and i must affirm the very athletic appearance both of my front side, having washboard abs. Thank god I can still live up to my pre ported, yet modified neo-narcissisim to which I am afraid, I have to live up to.

I don’t have man boobs, not that there’s anything wrong with it. I wouldn’t care if I had big old floppy ones, but I’m built like a playing card thank you. A jack, specifically. Jack of spades. And no, I don’t jack off black dudes. But I jack off myself and my dick is as big as a black dude’s. What was I talking about? This was a poem. Don’t confuse the poem with the poet.

Thanks for affirming your athletic front side and washboard abs :wink:

From one narcissist to another… hello :slight_smile:

I see :-k

:open_mouth:

Nice to know your well-endowed

:smiley:

:wink:

:laughing:

So the poem wasn’t based on self, but on self-perception of the maturing male? and I daren’t confuse the poem with the poet again :open_mouth:

Hello. You’ve got to love yourself! Appearances are important, Magsj, to what extent ,thats relative.Relatives are the first to attest to that. As far as endowments are concerned, there are detriments as well as benefits: just as with appearances, the larger-the harder to keep it up. Therefore it’s important to gage
within acceptable perimeters.

Are you trying to tempt us into commenting about man boobs at the expense of preparations for a creative act? As an old fart, I do not have man boobs, but I have a beer belly, which has nothing to do with my absentee muse. Or does it?

That’s good to know… I will bear that in mind when I’m next dating :wink:

The problem with narcissism… To love one’s-self means one doesn’t settle for less, but it might cause one not to settle at all.

Appearances are everything these days… good thing I like mine :wink:

Some may wish not to settle at all,rather then do. I personally agree with You, i’d be constrained to settle on someone else’s terms.

Mainly it was just to point out the absurdity of the human form creating a ritual space to create art. So much of our qualities are absurd. We think we are simple and that we make sense. That’s how our minds can handle things. But we are far from simple. The list of things goes on infinitely. It is a long strange list. Good poets shorten that list. Great poets don’t. It’s against their religion. But the best poets are so overwhelmed they can’t write a single word, for each letter would be an unacceptable violence against an unnamable thing. Those are the best poets to read. And the easiest.

…makes for a difficult life, but c’est la vie, but we wouldn’t be we without such a difficult moulding system to mould us.

I’m not averse to settling on someone else’s terms… as long as they are agreeable;) it’s the person themselves that I’m averse to settling on.

True: The best poets can be summed up as being able to sum up literally-linearly that, which only muses can convey, whereas lesser beings described by them, need to compare to other less then worthy models.

The terms, usually are easier to manifest and produce, whereas the person behind them spouts when the poet and poem in incongruance reside.

But of the man, who need not thus within his feeling abide, who willingly lives that of which he speaks, martyring the one above willingly to be given in offering,

Not that, that he cannot evolve from the lesser, for no one man, ever the poet/poetess, be given this from up above;

Only it breaks through from beyond the underworld of which so much fear has been demonized.

Let its placard shine, darkness chased, away from the works of minions, into clear eyes of kindness.