Let Me Go

Elevate form over function to get at less easily articulable truths.

Re: Let Me Go

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:58 am

...and dream that dream again. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Moments before the sun set on some kind of ancient wooden ship floating in a bay of calm waters, surrounded by lush mountains, I started singing to someone unknown, "If only I could sing...if only I could sing..." My voice was very weak, almost inaudible in such a large outdoor space. I was straining to sing louder when all of the sudden my voice started to pick up power, amplification. As I struggled to project my intentions outward, I felt my throat relax and a power overtook me. Another register up, "If only I could sing...I would save the world," and the last "sing" boomed out of me flooding this bay and echoing along the mountains, all of my vocal strength returning one hundred times over. Placing my whole heart and soul into those specific words, "If only I could sing, I would save the world," I believed with such empowerment I could...save the world.

That was some spiritual mojo going on there.

In tonight's dream, perhaps I'll sing of the how.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby gib » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:11 am

WendyDarling wrote:Please.

Hey Wendy, I just stumbled onto this thread.

"Please" doesn't sound like creative writing to me--it sounds more like a cry for help. (just like your sig.)

Or maybe I'm being too melodramatic (I love drama :D).

Who do you want to let you go? And why?

(Sorry, I haven't read the entirety of this thread--just the OP.)
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:42 am

Read my next post, Gibbuddy.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby gib » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:11 am

Wendy wrote:Out of this insane asylum that surrounds me and swallows me whole.

This world you mean?

What is the feeling of being trapped for you? Fear? Disgust? Frustration? Loneliness?

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:50 am

Yes, this world.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby gib » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Wendy, I think you have so much love in your heart, you don't get enough in return. I think you deplete yourself dry sometimes (I think :-? ).

How's your self-confidence? Do you feel more threatened by the world or just annoyed at it sometimes. Do you ever feel this gong show of a world can be entertaining? Fun?

- Claire Boucher
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:11 pm

While I do fear that we are approaching "closing time" at this bar called Earth life, I'm certainly annoyed by the lack of understanding most folks have on the purpose of their being here to begin with.

Gibob wrote
Wendy, I think you have so much love in your heart, you don't get enough in return. I think you deplete yourself dry sometimes (I think :-? ).

You may be right. Here, on Earth, is there ever enough? Love does not connect one moment to the next here.

Gibib wrote
How's your self-confidence?

Too fueled by frustration currently.

Do you ever feel this gong show of a world can be entertaining? Fun?

Yes. :D
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby gib » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:17 pm

Congratulations, Wendy! You check out with a clean bill of health.

Being frustrated and angry at the world can be a sign of health. It means you've got fight within you, strength to resist. Fear and depression occur when you don't feel you have enough strength, when you start "caving".

Don't let the world get you too far down. Maybe take a break from your fight. Treat yourself to some "me" time more often.

- Claire Boucher
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:37 am

This is "me" time, this fight which is for "us." I'm a die hard altruist, what can I do?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby gib » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:15 am

Well, just don't wear yourself out, that's all.

- Claire Boucher
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:26 am

Gibwhiz :romance-heartbeating: WD on Tues., Thurs., and Sats.? Say yes, I need the love. :D
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby gib » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:53 am

WendyDarling wrote:Gibwhiz :romance-heartbeating: WD on Tues., Thurs., and Sats.? Say yes, I need the love. :D

:lol: Wendy, you crazy girl. ;) What are we gonna do on Tues, Thus, and Sats? Is this something Joker would approve of? :lol:

- Claire Boucher
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:34 am

GibVangough,

#-o Platonic love donations. Thanks in advance for your further :romance-heartbeating: deposits, once again, on Tues., Thurs., and Sats.! I'm counting on you and your timeliness. :-D
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby gib » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:24 am

WendyDarling wrote:GibVangough,

#-o Platonic love donations. Thanks in advance for your further :romance-heartbeating: deposits, once again, on Tues., Thurs., and Sats.! I'm counting on you and your timeliness. :-D

Wendy, you crack me up. :lol: Okay, Platonic love it is. Still though, what's with this Tue/Thu/Sat nonsense? <-- I don't do schedules (sorry). But anytime you need some moral support or a pick-me-up, just PM me.

(I still feel this would be weird with Joker as your hubby).

- Claire Boucher
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:01 am

Thank you Gibamba. I will. I'll do the same, just drop a line!
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 pm

WendyDarling wrote:This is "me" time, this fight which is for "us." ?

What is it exactly, Wendy, that you are fighting for?

I'm a die hard altruist, what can I do?

You can begin by being an altruist toward yourself first. There is no selfishness in that.
Seeing your own needs ALSO, finding balance, taking a time out, can prepare you for whatever you feel your purpose is. Also, questioning why that purpose.

I don't think that "true" altruism forgets self to the point of destruction.
Selflessness doesn't necessarily mean losing Self.
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:30 am

Arc wrote

Simple, peaceful lives for everyone on Earth to have all the basic necessities, creative outlets to expunge energies and stay healthy, and...
perhaps the understanding that Earth is temporary, but who they are is forever.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Some Guy in History » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:12 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Arc wrote

Simple, peaceful lives for everyone on Earth to have all the basic necessities, creative outlets to expunge energies and stay healthy, and...
perhaps the understanding that Earth is temporary, but who they are is forever.

Some Guy in History
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Creative Writing