Let Me Go

I’m not sure that you fully understand all of the subtle nuances of intensity.

Rick Astley…what a voice, had dance moves, and fashion sense…a god. His wife, Lene Bausager, struck paydirt. Sweet serenades and twirls around the dance floor. Wow, a power couple. I hope they live happily ever after. Best wishes Rick and Lene!

…and dream that dream again. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Moments before the sun set on some kind of ancient wooden ship floating in a bay of calm waters, surrounded by lush mountains, I started singing to someone unknown, “If only I could sing…if only I could sing…” My voice was very weak, almost inaudible in such a large outdoor space. I was straining to sing louder when all of the sudden my voice started to pick up power, amplification. As I struggled to project my intentions outward, I felt my throat relax and a power overtook me. Another register up, “If only I could sing…I would save the world,” and the last “sing” boomed out of me flooding this bay and echoing along the mountains, all of my vocal strength returning one hundred times over. Placing my whole heart and soul into those specific words, “If only I could sing, I would save the world,” I believed with such empowerment I could…save the world.

That was some spiritual mojo going on there.

In tonight’s dream, perhaps I’ll sing of the how.

Hey Wendy, I just stumbled onto this thread.

“Please” doesn’t sound like creative writing to me–it sounds more like a cry for help. (just like your sig.)

Or maybe I’m being too melodramatic (I love drama :smiley:).

Who do you want to let you go? And why?

(Sorry, I haven’t read the entirety of this thread–just the OP.)

Read my next post, Gibbuddy.

This world you mean?

What is the feeling of being trapped for you? Fear? Disgust? Frustration? Loneliness?

Yes, this world.

Wendy, I think you have so much love in your heart, you don’t get enough in return. I think you deplete yourself dry sometimes (I think :confused: ).

How’s your self-confidence? Do you feel more threatened by the world or just annoyed at it sometimes. Do you ever feel this gong show of a world can be entertaining? Fun?

While I do fear that we are approaching “closing time” at this bar called Earth life, I’m certainly annoyed by the lack of understanding most folks have on the purpose of their being here to begin with.

Gibob wrote

You may be right. Here, on Earth, is there ever enough? Love does not connect one moment to the next here.

Gibib wrote

Too fueled by frustration currently.

Yes. :smiley:

Congratulations, Wendy! You check out with a clean bill of health.

Being frustrated and angry at the world can be a sign of health. It means you’ve got fight within you, strength to resist. Fear and depression occur when you don’t feel you have enough strength, when you start “caving”.

Don’t let the world get you too far down. Maybe take a break from your fight. Treat yourself to some “me” time more often.

This is “me” time, this fight which is for “us.” I’m a die hard altruist, what can I do?

Well, just don’t wear yourself out, that’s all.

Gibwhiz :romance-heartbeating: WD on Tues., Thurs., and Sats.? Say yes, I need the love. :smiley:

:laughing: Wendy, you crazy girl. :wink: What are we gonna do on Tues, Thus, and Sats? Is this something Joker would approve of? :laughing:

GibVangough,

#-o Platonic love donations. Thanks in advance for your further :romance-heartbeating: deposits, once again, on Tues., Thurs., and Sats.! I’m counting on you and your timeliness. :smiley:

Wendy, you crack me up. :laughing: Okay, Platonic love it is. Still though, what’s with this Tue/Thu/Sat nonsense? ← I don’t do schedules (sorry). But anytime you need some moral support or a pick-me-up, just PM me.

(I still feel this would be weird with Joker as your hubby).

Thank you Gibamba. I will. I’ll do the same, just drop a line!

What is it exactly, Wendy, that you are fighting for?

You can begin by being an altruist toward yourself first. There is no selfishness in that.
Seeing your own needs ALSO, finding balance, taking a time out, can prepare you for whatever you feel your purpose is. Also, questioning why that purpose.

I don’t think that “true” altruism forgets self to the point of destruction.
Selflessness doesn’t necessarily mean losing Self.

Arc wrote

Simple, peaceful lives for everyone on Earth to have all the basic necessities, creative outlets to expunge energies and stay healthy, and…
perhaps the understanding that Earth is temporary, but who they are is forever.