The Archives

The Archives.

These hollowed halls.

The Armagedon Chronicles.

This thread will contain the best posts from internet philosophy ever made. Posts will only be accepted from internet forums and blogs, and are not limited to ILP.

Post criterion is that it must be incredibly profound, and not too long winded and “brown”. These are litterally going to be the last living record of humanity, our living record of the most important things ever said. If a post is not up to my standards I will ask the mods to delete it. The criterion is that I will read the post and sleep on it, and after further pondering if I feel it is not Rosetta Stone quality it does not enter our monument.

Begin.

Something utterly profound in a western analytical way or in a eastern zen kinda way? i ask because i could say something like “nothing is what I want” and by eastern standards, that’s an amazingly profound statement I could meditate on for days. by western standards, it’s dismissable nonsense fit for one of those little yellow hardback gift books of memorable maxims and adages you read while on the toilet.

Trixie the mods are not going to delete something just because it fails your arbitrary standard

Now here are my contributions for what they are worth [ they are what I hold to be true

therefore no one is under any obligation to agree with them if they choose not to ]

Be prepared to accept total deconstruction of anything you hold to be true

Do not deny an objective truth just because it is emotionally disturbing

Treat being right and wrong with maximum emotional detachment

Regularly engage with those that are more intelligent than you

Regularly engage with those that think differently from you

Only accept in principle that which is demonstrably true

Accept that there is no meaning to your existence

Avoid all negative thoughts as much as possible

Accept that there is no meaning to anything

Accept yourself entirely unconditionally

Occams razor applies, so if you have a long post, give it short introductory thesis “Like soso and so gives us a lecture of blabla. Here it is in honor of him” etc. And then put the main thing, if it is long put it in spoiler tags.

If you wish to post cool sounding quotes, make sure that you post multiple quotes, not just one.

I am going to make a deal with the mods, this isn’t meant to be a regular topic, but an 'archives" type thing where we have the best philosophy posts on the internet, a cream of the crop hall of fame type of deal for future generations to learn from.

I am not sure syrups’ post made the cut, it seems like a pep talk to me sorta. I would alter it in this way.

The point of this is not to scramble make replies you thought of after 5 minutes to enter hall of fame, but submitting profound entries that are of high quality, that someone else made. But if theres a post you made in the past that is really good, you can submit that too. We do not accept posts that are younger than a week, post quality has to stand the test of time.