In My Worst Possible Orwellian Nightmare:

You know? In my worst possible Orwellian nightmare, I imagine myself in a world where everywhere I go, I find myself confronted with the steady drone and shifting light of Fox News working in the background. No one really watches. They just attend to their mundane matters and idle chat until something catches their attention then, with a quick glance and affirmative grunt, slip back into that state of what I can only describe as assurance and pacification. In such a world, I can only imagine myself having to refuse every free lunch. Not today, I tell them with an air of gratefulness. I’m always polite. But my mind is always reeling, always looking for some way out. It’s always demanding, hoping, almost pleading:

Dude!!! I’m not gonna watch Fox News with you.

Ever consider watching Fox News as an act of defiance against those conservatives who expect you not to?

Fox news, in time, will be shown to be one of the worst propaganda machines of all time.

Who will be doing the showing?

Who knows?

Any guesses?

Eh if we are going to talk about propaganda machines, public schools might be a better place to start

“I pledge allegiance…”

And if it makes the news that a kid refused to say the pledge, it’ll be all over fox and the pundits will say he should get out of america.

Good people.

Well, yes, but what happens to ‘good people’.?
It is said that good people are the ones who get trampled, that good people are easily deceived, and extending this line, deception leads to loss of power to discern, and that loss of power means a whole lot
of other things. Power to the people is only a trampled upon cliche, power does not extend to the good or the bad, but to the ugly.

The wresting of power is easy, like grabbing a good
babie,s favorite toy. Only the strong survive, the
ones who can wrest the power.

So the overall effect is really, games of power
sharing, the trade in different power plays, where the
game has evolved to the impression that, what is the ability to maximize each person’s interest-has devolved away from strategic thinking, to children playing the game that people play.

And children play best, when they can intuit that they
have friends who can back them up when the teacher
or mommie and daddy are not at their side. They will turn on each other when that strategy fails. The good kids have to either mimic tough or, skip school.

So, ‘goodness’ becomes bad because it leads to powerlessness.

i like fox news, its very good, informative, entertaining, and smart news program!!!

I am not convinced that powerlessness is always bad. Perhaps things like “obeying the law” can be good sometimes.

While that is a perfectly good reason to do so, Incorrect (I would even consider it an added benefit to my my reason for doing so, I would do it just to find out for myself what is actually going on on Fox News as compared to the information I have gotten from such commentary as Jon Stewart’s daily show. I also see it as a project (or experiment (similar to the one I described in Watching Atlas Shrugged: My Struggle (and Rise) as a Fascist Looter.

But I really do have to give you credit. One of the main complaints we get from right-wingers and conservatives concerning those who knock on FOX News is that it is based on not really understanding it or watching it. IN fact, the above poem (if I have a right to call it that (was based on my right-wing friend’s tendency to put FOX News on in our shop as if he were trying to send me some kind of message. What concerns me is how often it is left on as the day crew comes in. If I were to put MSNBC on (that is if I had that option( I doubt it would last that long into the shift change. But then I live in Nebraska.