PuNk cHicks:

Elevate form over function to get at less easily articulable truths.

PuNk cHicks:

Postby d63 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Gaudy, awkward,
almost geeky,

but with hard edges
as sharp as knives.

Compellingly raw:

a delight in disorder
wrapped in leather and spikes
and pumped on amphetamine

untouchably

pale, pasty,
sunken,
a washed and saturated blue like the eyes of Appalachian children
raised on potatoes,
sullen:

(what the fuck is that? PUNK CHICKS DON’T SMILE(

ghosts
(angels perhaps
(the residual effect of some failed future.
Humble yourself or the world will do it for you -it was either Russell or Whitehead. I can't remember which.

When I was young, I use to think the world was a messed up place so i was pissed off a lot. But now that I'm older, I know it is. So I just don't worry about it. -John Lydon (AKA Johnny Rotten).

Anarchy through Capitalism -on a flyer thrown out during a Kottonmouth Kings concert.

First we read, then we write. -Emerson.

All poets are damned. But they are not blind. They see with the eyes of angels. -William Carlos Williams: in the introduction to Ginsberg's Howl.

You gotta love that moment when the work is done and all that is left to do is drink your beer and sip your jager and enjoy what you've done. It's why I do and love it.

I refuse to be taken seriously.

Once again: take care of your process and others will take care of theirs. No one needs a guru. Just someone to jam with.

:me
d63
ILP Legend

Re: PuNk cHicks:

Postby d63 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:31 am

Jacque: I love driving into the underlying nothingness. I love carrying it over to Ambig's project,
Humble yourself or the world will do it for you -it was either Russell or Whitehead. I can't remember which.

When I was young, I use to think the world was a messed up place so i was pissed off a lot. But now that I'm older, I know it is. So I just don't worry about it. -John Lydon (AKA Johnny Rotten).

Anarchy through Capitalism -on a flyer thrown out during a Kottonmouth Kings concert.

All poets are damned. But they are not blind. They see with the eyes of angels. -William Carlos Williams: in the introduction to Ginsberg's Howl.

You gotta love that moment when the work is done and all that is left to do is drink your beer and sip your jager and enjoy what you've done. It's why I do and love it.

Once again: take care of your process and others will take care of theirs. No one needs a guru. Just someone to jam with.

d63
ILP Legend

Re: PuNk cHicks:

Postby d63 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:55 pm

d63 wrote:Gaudy, awkward,
almost geeky,

but with hard edges
as sharp as knives.

Compellingly raw:

a delight in disorder
wrapped in leather and spikes
and pumped on amphetamine

untouchably

pale, pasty,
sunken,
a washed and saturated blue like the eyes of Appalachian children
raised on potatoes,
sullen:

(what the fuck is that? PUNK CHICKS DON’T SMILE(

ghosts
(angels perhaps
(the residual effect of some failed future.

d63
ILP Legend

Return to Creative Writing