There isn't really a muse thread.

I regret the phrasing. An impossible query to make any sense of.

It’s a guess. That’s the only rule of this game. And it seems it’s only purpose.

You guess wrong and an asteroid smacks upside your planet and shakes things up a bit. Rinse Repeat.

How many examples of life have there been? Forms of life that… didn’t make the grade? Aren’t living now?

I haven’t quite got that piece to fit yet. It’s like any particular form of life doesn’t matter… all that matters is some form of life exists.

And the next question out of my mouth is why? An endless progression of what about me’s? In a weird sort of third person way.

I had an inkling You would reduce it to these terms.

Its right on track, predictable and the bottom line is the question -why is there there some thing in the first place.

This is where inquiry is totally stumped. Except, there IS some thing.
There is and it always was and will most.probably be.

For me, the question implied betwenn repetition, and nothingness relies on a non determined world, that presents itself 's. as is.

The argument would go down like this:

There is little doubt (in the Cartesian sense) that things exist, and any implication of ‘God’ flows out of this

What God is or is not, is another matter, but if we associate god with existence, as presented, then at least, that presumption is an absolute.

Of that is so, then an eternity can most certainly inferred, since a nothingness has never been experienced.
If temporal spaces is assumed, then an eternal return requores a continuum, since every experience can be and is broken down into segments,
segments which are spliced together even in one singular lifetime .(assuming the previous quantum-cosmic continua.)

I know this is arguable , and I am sure Mowk, there are holes in the argument, but they only mirror the universal possibility implicit In-It’s-self.

I think you are being too familiar. LOL. Aware enough of patterns, but picking me out of a crowd? Hang out on a forum long enough and someone will figure out what buttons can be pushed.

I’m not at all sure >this< is indeterminate, in perhaps the sense you suggest, could god lose it’s life? Could it guess wrong just once and poof, along comes the metaphorical meteor and snuffsville. Nothing left to write home about, … anywhere. It seems the vary ideas them selves would wrestle out between the potential outcomes. The physical expression of it isn’t needed. Ideas could struggle with ideas and not require any space at all.

But then some jack ass comes along and says prove it. (I couldn’t help but to smile very broadly, typing that).

It seems a more reasonable purpose to all of this, is in the proof, all of this existed. But I’m just guessing. Collectively as expressions of life we have taken note.

it’s a good guess and a comforting package.

And, in a sense, a coverall security blanket. But then , so is Civilisation. Other than that, is there a difference, or, should there be between affording our children the benefit of an upbringing in a cave, or one in the light of familiar surroundings?

We need boundaries, by mutual benefit, and the terms are negotiable .

But I’m not writing as though , in between on a fine lines on the bottom of the page.

Yeah, feels like I’ve been in on some of that negotiation. Before you have asked I have answered jazz. That blanket you mention hasn’t kept me all that warm but we do feel secure. Just leaves room for other things to be concerned with.

What have you asked for with your “soul” if there were such a thing?

I got the two things in this life I have ever asked for at that sort of level. My brother is alive, and a lot of shit makes sense, still don’t know anything. I don’t even get along with him all that well anymore.

What have you asked for with your “soul” if there were such a thing?

Some proof,

Overcoming,

& Justice.

Based on an absolute correspondence. between the cosmic and the ontological certainty, as they near that absolute

And I can reference this if You like , however I’m presuming that You may have come across it.

Some proof?
Yeah… that one. Proof enough… granted, but hardly able to be formulated as a means of convincing others. That request does always seem to end up being granted. I’m going to guess you got “your, and yours only” proof.

Overcoming?
Not being aware of what challenges lie in your path… how many means are there to overcome?

& Justice?
If before being asked it was answered, I gotta wonder what it would look like if found. What does Justice look like, or is it a feeling, or is it an intellectual string of rationalizations based in ego or worse; revenge?

I am reminded of the fable of the genie in a bottle.

Some understand, yeah right.

It revolves around merely two things : the transcendent and the reductive.
The genie is overcoming obstacles by asking for 3 wishes, and that is no it is the works of our mind both ways
One is zero summing by incremental sums, but never reaching the transcendental. The other is by way of overcoming even a scintilla of doubt, regardless of how minimal the doubt.

The almost minimal doubt is also built in, because even as it becomes unrecognized at a certain critical moment, it is reduced to a certain believed function of the brain disconnected from the mind. It is then not possible to regain the will of strength to over come this doubt because : as the minima approaches its limit, the function of the brain acquires a hyperbolic expansion of the visual representation of a modeling scheme.

Then the unitary sub stance of the understanding breaks into variable and invariable functions based on two modalities.

The transcendental reality becomes a yet to be assumed and ascended theory, because the same goes for realizing absolute upper limits.

Now this happens because reduction incurres a negative traversal of the hyper realizatio corresponding to the hypo reduction. The curve differentiation then integrates with less and less pre set variables turning into minimal informative value and maximal hypothetical value.

The same happened large scale with Descartes, he reduced the process into an absolutemy identifiable material manifestation of the mind, excluding that of the brain.

The model of identification. centered into the hypo (thetic) which really a dependence of the personhood of self by the absolute power of God.

God becomes a Being in It’s Self , I am who I am, the Absolute Model of the Self.

The thing is, transcending the
architecture of the development of the mind, concurrently with a process of gradual and residual content of memory. The neural networks increasingly typifies then codes into archetypes and more general groups of hierarchies. by necessity to avoid redundant memory to. recognise organize and differentiate prior content.

This process increasingly eliminated.the transcendent which is the idea behind , which through that mind tries to recapture the quality of realisation by increasing the amount of differential bits. This fails literally , where the mind cannot transverse the brain on its ability to make ‘sense’.

The transcendental process looses it’s understandable features and transforms into a mysterious state of mind depending on pseudo- mystical beliefs and rituals.

In am not a.computer man, but the singularity involves a point where the size of microchips itself reduces to almost extremely small?

What in the world happens then?

I haven’t even an uninformed guess.

[quote=“Mowk”]
I haven’t even an uninformed guess.
[/quote77kaiser]
That answer is more than a guess, it’s a prediction, development is going full throttle , without knowledge , merely that , that it will happen, and will it be the dreaded AI.

The big question is whether or not it will have good or bad intentions , and if so , to what degree can it can be controlled.

Sort of like a cybernetic Trump simulation, as a picture of future attractions, maybe?

The basis of simulation has depth, just as holography is advanced to a very real like appearance. Where did it start? In the beginning with re- presentation, the very pathogenesis of manifestations of what we call ‘consciousness’ The beginning of representation was literally shared, and it has evolved toward more figurative modes, corresponding with the relatively newly found insubstantionality of matter.
Advanced simulation uses such to produce real looking substantial replica.

Perhaps The coming singularity may pose an existential problem of determining which version is the real one, if they can not be told apart.

Think how difficult and complex things may become, if at this very moment we can not think.

AI ? wonder if there is anything artificial about intelligence compared to whether there is anything artificial about food?

Very fitting!

As it is beginning to smell like , the artificial thing has come to borne out of itself, its never been anything else, and that probably is the Alpha and Omega of consciousness all along.

As strange as it is, many beyond post modern thinkers add beginning to suspect.

Singular aspects of experience , heretofore coined with negative connotations have changed polarity, and now we are at a cross roads . and individually in crosshairs, informationally besieged, in a kind of reverse panic to identify those projected via a politically incorrect shadow, the exact reverse of Ms. Clinton"s pet phrase.

What we know to begin with, is itself confounded to begin with, it only takes some clever manipulations to have people guess who is on third, or second.

As far as food is concerned , well it’s way beyond the let them eat anything posture, fast foods are approaching the era when people will judge their daily intake not caring by any other concern then what the stuff they are putting in their mouths looks like…
They will very soon, be able to convince themselves of anything they want to believe. Usually a good pitch does it.

daemon: i watched you learn to laugh again on the island of delos. the trophonean cave could not keep you forever. i knew this, so i waited. but why do you return to them with your laughter? does it amuse you that they believe you are laughing with them and not at them?

prometheus75: but i’m still fishing, daemon, and have not yet lost hope. there will be much chatter among them and at that i can only laugh, but there is still a glimmer of humanity in me, and i long to find those who too must wear masks.

daemon: if i told you i’ve have already seen the line of your life and what you will inevitably do, you’d understand all this to be in vain. but i am not able to do that, and must watch you live it out. my suffering lies in having to watch this; every time you thought you had found one, you were mistaken. every time you hesitated to do it because you had faith that the fates would cease their tormenting if only you gave them another chance. your life… this single line with all the insidious distractions that play out along its way to that final decision which you will ultimately make. you were always going to make that decision, prometheus75. you just couldn’t know it.

prometheus75: ah but i never denied that. and is there something wrong with a little madness and laughter along the way? should i not be allowed to do a little fishing before then? surely there are others like me, who’s lines have been drawn the same. allow me just that faith alone and i will ask nothing more of you. let me believe that my net won’t deceive me.

daemon: [ laughs ] your humanity is always the last thing those like you overcome, but you always do in the end. those others were only ever made for that purpose. so do your fishing and laugh your laughter and suffer your madness and disgust. we had to insult you, put you into their little world, subject you to all their empty trifling, make you a martyr and force you to wear your mask. you couldn’t be allowed to know you never belonged there. you wouldn’t become what you always were if this were otherwise.

prometheus75: then let me avoid this line no longer, and give me some time to prepare for the deed. i still have a little dirt and humanity to wash from my soul before i go.