There isn't really a muse thread.

Elevate form over function to get at less easily articulable truths.

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:40 am

Water & wind. A sailors dream and also a formula for success, I think.
If you have water, fresh and potable, you're one third the way there. Plants; we might grow, don't need the water to be as potable as humans think, another third, If you've got wind, you've access to the cheapest conversion of solar energy to mechanical energy on the planet, and the sun puts out a whole lot of energy. Three of three, golden.

How can these resources be distributed equally rather than equitably. Who owns the rain? Let them pay for when there is too much plenty. Who owns the wind? Let them pay when it blows too hard. If it were shared we'd weather the storm.
my goal in life is to die and no one notices.
in other words; to live as audaciously as possible while drawing the least attention. Or at best something vaguely similar.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby Mowk » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:40 am

The Back-up Plan.

Parents. Please don't instruct your children to always have a back-up plan for when their dreams don't turn out, cause they won't, if you put your faith in back-up plans. A kid should have a parent that is both realistic and totally committed to their offspring's success. "Back-up" plan not required.

Mid life evaluation, I've spent my entire life living the back-up plan.

58 years in is a hole to dig out of. When did I get so beat up that I lost the interest to reach for plan A?
in other words; to live as audaciously as possible while drawing the least attention. Or at best something vaguely similar.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby Mowk » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:54 am

It's odd, seems as if their is the same requirement of faith, be it in self, or in a god, to find what ever one is looking for. It feels algebraically reflexive. Reducible to sign and cosign.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby Mowk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:47 am

As a spokesperson for god I make a terrible spokesperson.

Absolute knowing, and what it implies is a tough mouthful to choke down.

What if god isn't perfect? Merely vastly more aware than us? 13 billions years compared to our at best 150,000 years as a species, but maybe only as recently as 27,000 years old. If we can't even assess that accurately, what the heck do we 'know' about any conception of abstract perfection beyond the limits of our own concoction.

What is an example of any sort of perfection that is supposed to exist?

I have suspected for a while that a perfect god doesn't exist, but that doesn't negate the possibility that an imperfect god does exist. One that doesn't "know" anymore than we do, But as result of chronology is a lot more aware then we are.
Mowk
Thinker

Previous

Return to Creative Writing