There isn't really a muse thread.

likely much more time will be required. i don’t have forever, but forever is all You have.
take all the time required.

I think there is an other way to talk.

One that is not sponsored within disagreement but rather is an effort to seek out agreement instead. A lack of consensus is low hanging fruit. Where there is agreement requires a climb higher up the tree, where sunlight is prevalent.

Which wolf do you feed?

Is the quest of philosophy to seek truth or to obscure it?

I don’t think slowly. It’s a god damned rat race in here. Only way to make any sense of it is to slow it down.

That’s bound to cause a pile up.

shit.

all you can do is put off until tomorrow what you didn’t get to today.

We don’t make decisions based on what we know; we base them on what we believe.

It’s just… what do any of you think you ‘know’?

We are sold that SC Johnson products kill 99% of all bacteria, what we don’t know is… if that is a good thing to do?

How many examples do you need?

The wife complains that I do not plan.

What fuckin’ human has planned it’s evolution.

My plan is to be as adaptable as possible. That doesn’t come from sticking to a plan, or that process called planning.

Or maybe it involves the plan of not sticking to any planning.

When the plate arrives I consume or decide I’m not really that hungry.

A plan, at best, is a loose orchestration of what you’d like to believe next.

The closest thing to knowing I have is my understanding of printing. We made it. It is well quantified. It is dependent on numerology, percentages. Given all the knowing of paper quality and it’s properties, ink viscosity and it’s behavior, one can predict the future of an outcome. I wonder if that isn’t all that knowing is. Someone sends me a picture, given the constraints involved I know if it can be printed to take advantage of the method involved. I do ‘know’ shit. Of monetary value, certainly. Beyond that? Maybe I can hop on the Gutenberg’s bandwagon, its a good thing to promote information dispersal: education for the masses and all that but it’s not quite the obituary I’d have hoped for.

Still hoping there is more to come.

I hope my obituary requires mixing metaphors. Eventually.

We left off on a less then light tone.

I’ve come to accept myself a bit more. Thought I am a slacker. Perhaps the following won’t excuse me. So many ideas and I don’t get around to them all. In hind sight and a lot of passed time, I have gotten around to a great many of them. So many more on the horizon, a blueberry bonanza.

Mom left me with one haunting question; my potential and what of it? And my Dad thought I spent way too much time daydreaming. A powerful combination.

Ya gotta love your roots.

My older sister has gotten into genealogy. Turns out I’m a no-one with someone’s background.

Have ancestors that fought on both sides of the civil war, that fought in the revolution, and sailed to America on the Pinta. What if the Native Americans had won?

Perhaps I am short sighted for good reason. All in good time.

And she does exaggerate.

There is a tide in the ocean. I don’t feel so alone. Swim with the fishes. Can I recognize fins, gills? >metaphor alert< (don’t take it literally, but if you’d like; ponder it figuratively.)

Water & wind. A sailors dream and also a formula for success, I think.
If you have water, fresh and potable, you’re one third the way there. Plants; we might grow, don’t need the water to be as potable as humans think, another third, If you’ve got wind, you’ve access to the cheapest conversion of solar energy to mechanical energy on the planet, and the sun puts out a whole lot of energy. Three of three, golden.

How can these resources be distributed equally rather than equitably. Who owns the rain? Let them pay for when there is too much plenty. Who owns the wind? Let them pay when it blows too hard. If it were shared we’d weather the storm.

The Back-up Plan.

Parents. Please don’t instruct your children to always have a back-up plan for when their dreams don’t turn out, cause they won’t, if you put your faith in back-up plans. A kid should have a parent that is both realistic and totally committed to their offspring’s success. “Back-up” plan not required.

Mid life evaluation, I’ve spent my entire life living the back-up plan.

58 years in is a hole to dig out of. When did I get so beat up that I lost the interest to reach for plan A?

It’s odd, seems as if their is the same requirement of faith, be it in self, or in a god, to find what ever one is looking for. It feels algebraically reflexive. Reducible to sign and cosign.

As a spokesperson for god I make a terrible spokesperson.

Absolute knowing, and what it implies is a tough mouthful to choke down.

What if god isn’t perfect? Merely vastly more aware than us? 13 billions years compared to our at best 150,000 years as a species, but maybe only as recently as 27,000 years old. If we can’t even assess that accurately, what the heck do we ‘know’ about any conception of abstract perfection beyond the limits of our own concoction.

What is an example of any sort of perfection that is supposed to exist?

I have suspected for a while that a perfect god doesn’t exist, but that doesn’t negate the possibility that an imperfect god does exist. One that doesn’t “know” anymore than we do, But as result of chronology is a lot more aware then we are.

Welcome back. Good show.
I will not trouble you further.

Smack in the middle of all sorts of new muses.

Kites. Yeah I know, a kids toy. But for some reason air planes and rockets as a kid, sailing in my middle years, it makes some sense, …and there is plenty to keep the creative juices flowing.

Even perhaps more odd is the notion of an indoor kite. In outdoor kiting the atmosphere more or less moves through the kite. With indoor kiting the kite is made to move through the atmosphere. They both achieve lift which is what makes the kite fly. Guess i could be an atmospheric sort of fellow. An atmosphere sure can stir things up; gets stirred up too.

My love for all things spring can only be measured by my utter disdain of a deep freeze. Four feet. The snow, low in shadows, lingers for ever. But here, the sap is finely and finally running in the Sugars. I feel like I am waking up.

I am willing to meet anyone in the middle and stretch our circumference from there.

Who clicks on this ‘shit’?
The answer is yes and no, in no specific order.

Great day. Late, but a fond spring ritual has caused these loins to roam. A walk about/drive about in pursuit of a mushroom. And I am a mushroom finder. I scoff at no hunting signs. I find.

Much appreciation to whom ever and what ever, appreciates it.

four to the brow<

I am judgemental. Sorry 'bout that but It’s no sin.

A smidgen of understanding takes you places. Some not so bad. Some require getting use to. Some just plain hard to stomach. Life ain’t neat.

It’s “good” what ever the flavor. Still learning to appreciate eggplant. In the mean time there is plenty to savor.

Politics are sweet.