Emerging Blackness

[size=50]…[/size]

Sitting here in my eighteen year old truck parked on what the police call heroin alley. It’s a dark, damp morning.

I’m a dinosaur. I am old enough to remember three social wars in my country; the war on poverty, the war on crime, and the war on drugs. I need only step out of my vehicle and begin to walk in order to find out how these wars turned out.

Based upon the outcome of these social wars I got the feeling I know how our latest war, the war on terror is going to turn out.

Looking out over Martin Luther King Boulevard before I exit and walk to the last job in Cleveland, I remember a quote from the late, great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see. Life-like figures emerging from the blackness, make their transactions, and then disappear back into the beautiful, sardonic park called Rockefeller.

The emerging blackness in our veins makes a transaction in our brain then disappears into the beautiful, sardonic park called high.

As I fall victim to the actors in this crossroads of wars I found myself in, I wonder, am I also the creator?

As we fall victim to the actors in the crossroads of wars we find ourselves in, I wonder, are we also the creator?