rhythm (I'm not fucking around)

Manageably[size=150]>[/size] crazy[size=150]~[/size]. I’m listening to music that is m[size=150]>[/size]c[size=150]~[/size]. I think the most epic music usually is. That also describes the way I want to live. Lots of things going on. Lots of people, lots of ideas, challenging the reach of my understanding, opening, opening, throwing off balance and beckoning me to take a step [size=150][/size] and another step [size=150][/size]. [size=150]Bassline![/size] [size=150]~^~[/size]v[size=150]~^~[/size]v[size=150]~^~[/size]v[size=150]~^~[/size]v[size=150]~^~[/size]v[size=150]~[/size]

Vbrruuumm! Vbrruuuuuu[size=150]booooom[/size]m! Annnd rrRhythm[size=150][/size]mm[size=150][/size]mm[size=150]~[/size]. Gut informed and passion driven. To the edge!, but because, only because you can drift, downshift and uplift [size=150]EVERYTHING[/size] in the proper measure, to the proper tune, a verified schism, dat rr[size=150]-hy-[/size]thm[size=150][/size]ythmm[size=150][/size]ythmm[size=150]~ ~ ~[/size]

The song grows on you. It’s preciously abrasive[size=150] #*;#*;#*;#[/size] and unappetizing [size=150]/x/yuck/x/yuck/x/[/size], but that only turns out to be part of it’s irresistibly lasting [size=150]>~>[/size]charm[size=150]~~>[/size] as you learn to competently surf the v[size=150]alley[/size]s, foot[size=150]hills[/size], and atmo[size=150]spher[/size]ics of its bricolage. This is the managing. Not the control. The even flow. Go.

[size=150]~^~[/size]v[size=150]~^~[/size]v[size=150]~^~[/size]v[size=150]~^~[/size]v[size=150]~^~[/size]v[size=150]~[/size]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTQDf0F84tA[/youtube]

I’ve found myself having a hard time enjoying Sufjan’s latest. :frowning: Maybe I’ll give it another go.

It’s okay, I don’t like all of it either. Get Real Get Right is pretty good, though.

Bring your Apollo and your Dionysus but you must bring both!

These go here
Inertiatic ESP
Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt

[size=85]Jan 23, 2013 – “I can’t sit here and pretend any more,” Bixler-Zavala said. “We’re all doing different things,” Rodríguez-López explained at the time. This week, the guitarist revealed the first music from his new project, Bosnian Rainbows. “I tried my hardest to keep it going…but Bosnian Rainbows was what we all got instead,” Bixler-Zavala tweeted. “A hiatus is just an insult to the fans…Omar did not want to [tour any more]…What am I suppose to do – be some progressive housewife [who is] cool with watching their partner go fuck other bands? …All I can do is move forward with my music and just be happy that Mars Volta ever happened at all.” Source[/size]

I like my metal tight as…

…tight as a what?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pANr71-3Z_k[/youtube]

The Mars Volta broke up and it was sad. But the legacy is good.

[size=85]Jan 23, 2013 – “I can’t sit here and pretend any more,” Bixler-Zavala said. “We’re all doing different things,” Rodríguez-López explained at the time. This week, the guitarist revealed the first music from his new project, Bosnian Rainbows. “I tried my hardest to keep it going…but Bosnian Rainbows was what we all got instead,” Bixler-Zavala tweeted. “A hiatus is just an insult to the fans…Omar did not want to [tour any more]…What am I suppose to do – be some progressive housewife [who is] cool with watching their partner go fuck other bands? …All I can do is move forward with my music and just be happy that Mars Volta ever happened at all.” Source[/size]

The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium

Crazy good.

I bought a ticket to see The Mars Volta live in London, but they cancelled, and never rescheduled any gigs here after that… and now I never will? The only concert ticket I’ve ever bought… apart from music festival tickets… which isn’t the same… only band I ever wanted to see live.

:frowning:

Yeah, I’ve never had that happen - a concert cancelled by the band. Bummer.

What year was that? Also have you checked out At the Drive-In? I haven’t yet, but that was the band they were in before Mars Volta and I think they’re back together now under that name.

That cancelled concert was years ago… which is the best place to leave such a painful memory. :laughing:

Thanks for the info… never heard of them under that name, but I’ll be checking them out.