Such a common phrase

I felt like venting some anger against western hypocrisy in light of the 3rd world debt in a short, written in a half hour at 4am kinda way. Feel free the comment in as derogatory or as praising a manner as you like, I just wanna hear some views on my writing.
Thank

A Telling Paradox

“Well I never! James Oakes…It’s a small fucking world, is it not?”
The sniveling weasel had actually been working on the convincing façade of being pleased to me. He knew I didn’t approve of his vicious, unrelenting hold over every oil manufacturer in Nigeria, and the national debt of every country surrounding that troubled land. He knew I knew he was greedy and unapologetic in his influence over the African economy. What I did not know is why he cared enough about my opinions to try to appease me.
“Well yes“, I replied, “if you move in the right circles.”
“Are you saying it’s not a coincidence that two people who went to high school together end up at a conference on Energy Conservation and Economic Reform in Nigeria thirty years later? Because I’m very pleasantly surprised! Besides, I don’t think we move in quite the same circles James. In fact, the thought of you at the reception I attended last night is quite amusing! I mean let‘s face it, you alway preferred Fosters to Moet did you not?”
How could one man caress my ego in such a viscous, sleazy, shameless manner whilst simultaneously attacking it with that form of social snobbery exclusive to the arseholes eminating from the western world’s top MBA programs.
“I’m glad you found something to amuse yourself surrounded by the witless droning of your fellow bankers and debt collectors Rupert. Let me clarify my last statement in a manner you could, perhaps, understand. The only people who execute that phrase, ’it’s a small world’ are the ones educated enough to appreciate the low probability of meeting someone who met their father’s mistress once upon a time at a party in the Hamptons, in what is, in fact, a planet of millions. As you might have spotted, thought probably not, this creates a paradox.”
Rupert stared at me with a charming combination of disdain and bewilderment. I couldn’t resist a smile knowing that I had destroyed the original look of joy he painted upon his countenance upon seeing me. After a few seconds my thrill at his confusion was replaced with pity, so I explained the paradox.
“Well, the only people who state that the world is small are the ones who have been told it is in fact very large. People at dinner parties must share a gene which creates either early onset of Alzheimer’s or a flaw in the processing geographic facts. Or, more likely, they are sticking to what they do best and lying.”
“Well what about everyone else? I hardly think the upper classes are the only ones who are surprised to see old acquaintances. I find your reasoning preposterous and offensive thus far, James”
“Ah, you are of course referring to the many minions, the underprivileged, the trampled and the depressed. Well, these are the people to whom the world truly is small. Their world might not stretch beyond their village, their workplace or the village of their cousins. These people are the majority of the worlds population, yet they are blissfully unaware of it. They are never surprised when bumping into someone who worked at a factory with their cousin, because to them the factory is the only one they know; hence they will never comment on the world’s lack of size. I find these contrasting views of the world’s size aptly illustrate class differences across the board. The underprivileged majority are ignorant, or even incorrect in many of their views, but have little need to produce dishonest statements. The privileged minority, on the other hand, have a greater knowledge of the world in which they live, which they use to produce hypocritical or nonsensical comments at dinner parties. The only way for the underprivileged to gain knowledge is to be given it by the minority, the only way the minorities hypocritical comments could hold any ring of truth would be for them to spend time with the majority. For example, a knowledgeable wealthy man goes to the remote village in Africa, and shows them a family of fourteen who’ve never been outside their village, a globe. He tells them the world is big, and even his presence has expanded their horizons, exposing them to an unfamiliar face from beyond the village. Now, if he bumped into another knowledgeable wealthy man he met at Harvard in the same village, he could actually say “My God, it is a small fucking world!” with some aspect of sincerity and credulous. Indeed, if I bumped into you into a small village in Africa, and you blurted out what you blurted out when you bumped into me ten minutes ago, then I might even laugh in surprise and agree with you. But, as it is, I am merely mildly impressed by your attempts to look pleased to see me, and thoroughly unimpressed with your conversational skills.”
“Well you’ve hardly given me a chance to converse old chap. I …”
“Oh look, punch. Excuse me Rupert ”
“Well, take care James. I’ll see you soon I expect.”
“Probably, it’s a small world. Old chap.”

It was sort of bittersweet and amusing.

Very good. Essay or prose?