That I would be complete
Exposed but ready
To spur on my followers

What a day that would be
To reach nirvana
And then once more
Oh, to be a light sensor.

Kajun/ajdk, 19/01/01

(written while walking along the spine at Lancaster University to a lecture on the Nicomachean Ethics)

well, no-one has complimented you on your poem yet so i will…

ok i already have

nah its really f**king good, i like to write poems too :smiley:

I hope other poems are welcome as well. I thought I would share mine.

~ Magius
Music is whole, it is one, it is itself, music is pure; as pure to the meaning of the word and the idea behind it. Music is interpreted differently by all people, but it does not change, it is perfect, in this way music is like love.

What’s your take?

Music the power to heal and move

music let me live in you

music the megahertz of my heart

resonating high up into the sky

the oceans and seas you do part

music, you are what holds a bird on air

music, if I may just hold you in my hands

for a second, but that would be a second too long

and so unfair

to you

Respect for your poems Kajun and Magius

WORD SOUND POWER

I respect how each of u have taken your metaphors of natural wonder and spun them into your individual narratives while illuminating new aspects of human experience and sharing them with us.

Poetry lifts us higher and allows the human spirit to soar and fly. I only wish that I could fly with u. I’m only a mundane thinker who can only look up at the sky …many thanks

DS

Well, if others can feel un-afraid of sharing their verse, I guess I’ll join in, add a third poem to this.

A Musing…

What endless beauty
is in the sigh of the wind
sweeping cross the night

What timeless painting
is the rising morning sun
stretching out its light

Gorgeous melody
fills my heart and gives me life
Gives me breath to live

Generous of heart
what love flows forth from my soul
which I loving give

There is no talent nor skill to poetry. For me there is no thought, either. Fingers hit keys and something happens. One word writes the next.

Thanks for the comments. You might enjoy this spur of the moment poetry thread, where no thought is involved, just spontaneous writings with meaning nor motive. I thought this one was apt:

Thanks to SunSet and David,

David stated:

The relational properties of poetry (and most other art) always perplex me. You say that poetry lifts us higher…when I wrote that poem I was lifted higher as well, the thought of it, writing it down, rereading its beauty, and finally sharing it with others. But was I lifted higher because there is poetry and it lifts us, or was I lifted higher because I was articulating myself and my emotion at that time? Do I not feel the same way when I am explaining something interesting to someone and they understand me? I think I am. I am not disagreeing with you here, just taken aback by my own confusion. I understand your point and sympathize, but I can’t say that it is all there is to it…

Poetry is but a word
rumbling along as a herd
of energy along nerves
analogous to a beauties curves
explosions of electricity in the brain
fireworks in the night-time sparkle and wane
truly we understand fireworks and poetry
surely we understand the sound of music and the taste of poltry
we speak in abstracts
continually our reality subtracts
we don’t relate our ideas to reality enough
busy for ourselves, coerced by stuff
best explained after a long puff
of soma, crack, LSD, you name your favorite
each will take you off on their own charriot
but to realize that all we have in the end
in ourselves in a room and the space on which we stand
in a spacial and temporal booth
but the most valuable thing we have is personal truth…

David, I have so much in the world…family, friends, health, money, shelter, I attend university, I have a car, but in the end all I had from day one and all I will have on day final…is my own personal truth of experience. Sometime in the next year I am going to attempt to write and publish a book explicating all my ideas and thoughts, I will name it ‘Personal Truth’. One thing I still strive to learn, apart from everyone that seems to have learned this first and learned it well, is to make myself happy.

Things have no radiance anymore
the rain seizes to pour
everything seems like animated folk-lore
oh how to make things be your way
free-will for all by God they say
the greatest men have a permanent position where they lay
make sense of that
the biggest ego, the biggest account, the biggest fuck has it all
fuck it and hang all their skulls on my wall
each mans logic believes things are the way they have to be
or that they are doing everything in their power to help me
they’re so blind, if only they could see
I suffer from their sickness which is all around
I must be a part of them in order to survive and continue to bound
across this drudgery and sham
how simple it is with a guns bam…the sense of this world is the sense of numbness

I went to a club with friends, the girl at the door frisked me while singing lightly to herself with a smile emanating from her face, I admired her for her courage to be happy in such a pure way and told her that it was nice to see someone that seems truly happy…I also asked her how she did it, it shouldn’t be surprising to hear that she told me that she just focuses on herself and makes sure that she is happy before anyone else is happy. Somehow I don’t think she is on the right path…but I have been wrong many times before.

The whole point of this post be appear to be lost, but my chief impedus was to actually help you, David, feel better. Because you can’t write poetry, or because you can’t do the many things in life you can’t do, doesn’t make a difference whatsoever. I can write poetry (or so I believe) but I am as miserable as…I can’t even put it in words. Be happy, and spread your happiness, for no one is born without the ability to be happy - yet we are more short of happiness than any need or want that I can think of for anyone.

What’s your take?