The point of philosophy is to end philosophy

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:20 pm

In life, the point of it is to collapse resource dependencies — make things so efficient that nobody has to do it again.

Philosophy is the same. This board should celebrate when it has no more threads... because that means we did our jobs right.

We live in a planned obsolescence economy...

This is the opposite of what we should strive for as philosophers.

Some people here, like iambiguous, rely on not having proofs against him, even though they are there, because it causes no reason for him to post again.

Money, and the money of philosophy is king for some people, they thrive off of bullshit.

True philosophy ends debates. Untrue “philosophers” will work on a system they think has perpetual adherents.

What comes to mind here is the Jewish messiah who is always coming but will never be born. The Mormon religion who has “latter day saints” when the latter days have never been set.

This is what iambiguous does. You answer his question and he ignores it.

Iambiguous doesn’t want philosophy to end. That’s not a true philosopher ... it’s a troll. It’s someone who doesn’t want to put themselves out of a job because they did it so well.

I loathe iambiguous for this reason. No morals.

May iambiguous who thinks no being wants their consent violated is a joke, an existential contraption, have his consent violated for all time.

After a billion years of this, iambiguous will state, “I was wrong, very wrong”

There doesn’t need to be an all powerful god for the spirits to look at iambiguous and collectively say “this man is giving us permission to violate his consent!”

Iambiguous lives his entire life suckling mommies tits. Anyone familiar with him, knows that he projects upon everyone besides him as “kids”

That’s called projection iambiguous. You are the smallest kid on these boards!

Maybe you’ll grow up someday, I don’t know. Maybe everyone in earth will have to be your mommy for all time.

Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Re: The point of philosophy is to end philosophy

Postby Meno_ » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:28 pm

Ecmandu wrote:In life, the point of it is to collapse resource dependencies — make things so efficient that nobody has to do it again.

Philosophy is the same. This board should celebrate when it has no more threads... because that means we did our jobs right.

We live in a planned obsolescence economy...

This is the opposite of what we should strive for as philosophers.

Some people here, like iambiguous, rely on not having proofs against him, even though they are there, because it causes no reason for him to post again.

Money, and the money of philosophy is king for some people, they thrive off of bullshit.

True philosophy ends debates. Untrue “philosophers” will work on a system they think has perpetual adherents.

What comes to mind here is the Jewish messiah who is always coming but will never be born. The Mormon religion who has “latter day saints” when the latter days have never been set.

This is what iambiguous does. You answer his question and he ignores it.

Iambiguous doesn’t want philosophy to end. That’s not a true philosopher ... it’s a troll. It’s someone who doesn’t want to put themselves out of a job because they did it so well.

I loathe iambiguous for this reason. No morals.

May iambiguous who thinks no being wants their consent violated is a joke, an existential contraption, have his consent violated for all time.

After a billion years of this, iambiguous will state, “I was wrong, very wrong”

There doesn’t need to be an all powerful god for the spirits to look at iambiguous and collectively say “this man is giving us permission to violate his consent!”

Iambiguous lives his entire life suckling mommies tits. Anyone familiar with him, knows that he projects upon everyone besides him as “kids”

That’s called projection iambiguous. You are the smallest kid on these boards!

Maybe you’ll grow up someday, I don’t know. Maybe everyone in earth will have to be your mommy for all time.

This is true, because there has never been a philosophy, as functional through an eternal timelessness: for it carries it back toward infinite time, as it carries forward to an infinite timelessness:

Meno says,

"Any phenomenal awareness has a relative delay, between approximated presence between a past and present signification

The delay could vary between the relative minimum and the relative maximum diversion.

In that way the present can be infused with a future between memory and anticipation.

At maximum varience there could be near instantitational through milliseconds of near infinite varience.

The phenomenal degrade carries the awareness into a relative past of a future or a future relative.

Reabsorption of relative phenomena con-fused with past-future or future vast varience can account for it.

The travel through time can recognize only non phenomenal varience.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:21 am

I want to focus, to some degree here, the philosophical parasite that iambiguous is.

Everyone knows that they don’t want their consent violated. This is a moral given.

Iambiguous speaks of “existential contraptions” without defining himself out of them, which CONTRADICTS his reason for posting ... a contradiction he is using to fit in with females and makes trying to get laid.

Iambiguous is a dickhead. Pure and simple. Not a philosopher.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:21 am

Sounds like a personal problem to me. :lol:
Objectivists: Like shooting fish in a barrel!

He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:27 am

iambiguous wrote:Sounds like a personal problem to me. :lol:

Indeed.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:30 am

Yes, it’s personal to you. You’re still thinking with your libido.

I know for a fact that it’s impossible to have sex with a human female without raping them (what they will think initially is consent). I don’t think with my libido anymore ... but you still are. And that currently makes you scum.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:39 am

I also find it very interesting that the two biggest trolls on this board, the two people who won’t debate, find a kinship with each other.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:48 am

MagsJ wrote:

Indeed.

I smell a set-up. :lol:

The two he deems trolls, are the two he wants to debate the most.. huh! :confusion-shrug:

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:51 am

MagsJ wrote:
MagsJ wrote:

Indeed.

The two he deems trolls, are the two he wants to debate the most.. huh! :confusion-shrug:

I’d debate Aegean as well! But he’s now only the third biggest troll.

I want to debate people who ad hom without argument to put them in their place because they deserve it !!!

Doors always open
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:07 am

MagsJ wrote:
MagsJ wrote:

Indeed.

The three he deems trolls, are the three he wants to debate the most. lol

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby surreptitious75 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:10 am

The sole point of philosophy is to make sure that the right kind of questions are being asked
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby surreptitious75 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:19 am

Ecmandu wrote:
I want to debate people who ad hom without argument to put them in their place

Putting someone in their place who ad homs you makes you no better than them if you do the same
Far better to only debate those who can provide valid arguments and do not use any ad hom at all
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:20 am

MagsJ wrote:The three he deems trolls, are the three he wants to debate the most. lol

Because I want to show them for what they are.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:21 am

surreptitious75 wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:
I want to debate people who ad hom without argument to put them in their place

Putting someone in their place who ad homs you makes you no better than them if you do the same
Far better to only debate those who can provide valid arguments and do not use any ad hom at all

Debate in the debate forms doesn’t imply ad homming
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:22 am

surreptitious75 wrote:
The sole point of philosophy is to make sure that the right kind of questions are being asked

That’s only a part of it. The biggest part is answering.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby surreptitious75 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:30 am

Philosophy cannot answer questions in any absolute sense it can only ask them
There are no definitive answers simply because it is not a deductive discipline
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:34 am

surreptitious75 wrote:Philosophy cannot answer questions in any absolute sense it can only ask them
There are no definitive answers simply because it is not a deductive discipline

That’s not true. Asking a question is the same as answering a question ... “what’s the best question to ask?”

In the same way that we can ask the best questions, we can answer them in the best way.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby surreptitious75 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:46 am

Answering a question in the best way is not the same as providing a definitive answer to that question
As philosophical questions are open ended and so do not have easy definitive answers to them as such

They may have many answers or none at all and if they have many what method determines which is the best one
No such method actually exists and so all one has to go on then is the answer that one finds the most satisfactory
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:14 am

Sounds like a defective personal problem to me. :lol:
So, let's add a few more :lol: :lol: :lol:
Objectivists: Like shooting fish in a barrel!

He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:34 am

surreptitious75 wrote:Answering a question in the best way is not the same as providing a definitive answer to that question
As philosophical questions are open ended and so do not have easy definitive answers to them as such

They may have many answers or none at all and if they have many what method determines which is the best one
No such method actually exists and so all one has to go on then is the answer that one finds the most satisfactory

That’s not true either.

Like I’ve stated many times on this board: nobody wants their consent violated.

That’s a definitive answer to “what does nobody want”

It’s not up to subjective OPINION!!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby surreptitious75 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:18 am

Consent violation happens all the time because no one is in total control of their life
So whether anyone likes it or not is entirely irrelevant because it will happen anyway

Saying that no one wants their consent violated is just like saying that no one wants bad things to happen to them
But bad things will happen anyway as that is the nature of existence and so one has zero choice but to accept this
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby surreptitious75 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:27 am

Someone may not want their consent violated at a specific time but may then change their mind about the same thing at another time
Also when someone says that they do not want their consent violated they may not be absolutely certain about it at that specific time
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby surreptitious75 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:31 am

You are treating consent violation as a binary black and white choice where all violations are of equal magnitude
But in reality consent violation is on a spectrum ranging from very minor to very major and all points in between
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby surreptitious75 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:42 am

The biggest consent violation of all is being conceived because from that single event comes the totality of ones existence
But most do not commit suicide so presumably had no problem with their consent being violated on that specific occasion

This is where your theory of consent violation fundamentally fails and why it therefore cannot be accepted
For had our parents never violated our consent like this we would not experience any suffering in existence
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:14 am

surreptitious75 wrote:The biggest consent violation of all is being conceived because from that single event comes the totality of ones existence
But most do not commit suicide so presumably had no problem with their consent being violated on that specific occasion

This is where your theory of consent violation fundamentally fails and why it therefore cannot be accepted
For had our parents never violated our consent like this we would not experience any suffering in existence

Birth is neutral. Consent comes later. Saying that all births are consent violations is like saying the leading cause of death is birth - birth is also the leading cause of life.

Consent violation is binary and most suicidal people live against their will because they don’t have a desirable method available to them.

Consent violation is ultimately, however, binary for this reason... if you believe that minor ones are acceptable (which ranges a lot between people), then you have accepted consent violation wholesale.

People don’t accept consent violations, they just have different things that violate their consent. Just because what violates most people’s consent doesn’t violate yours, does not mean, like you, that they accepted the “consent violation”. Just because they didn’t stab themselves in the heart with a spoon doesn’t mean they aren’t having their consent violated, in fact, if that’s their only option, they’re having their life consent violated AND their suicide consent violated as well.

The axiom still holds. Nobody likes their consent violated. I know for a fact that you don’t. I know for a fact that it’s binary for you.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Next

Return to Philosophy