New thread - Iambiguous, here are your PROOFS

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Re: New thread - Iambiguous, here are your PROOFS

Postby Artimas » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:10 am

Ecmandu wrote:Artimas,

And conscious minds not only say, but have historically and currently say, "evil exists"

Even the Buddha called Mara "the evil one"

In Buddhist psychology, Mara is the wrathful deity that emerges every time one is about to become enlightened and wars against their enlightenment.


Plato stated that ignorance is the root of all evil and I hold that true. If evil is true then it’s from a position of ignorance. Just implies intent. People can be evil but I wouldn’t go so far as to say nature alone or reality is evil as a whole.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3726
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: New thread - Iambiguous, here are your PROOFS

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:45 pm

Artimas wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Artimas,

And conscious minds not only say, but have historically and currently say, "evil exists"

Even the Buddha called Mara "the evil one"

In Buddhist psychology, Mara is the wrathful deity that emerges every time one is about to become enlightened and wars against their enlightenment.


Plato stated that ignorance is the root of all evil and I hold that true. If evil is true then it’s from a position of ignorance. Just implies intent. People can be evil but I wouldn’t go so far as to say nature alone or reality is evil as a whole.


Well, there is the common phrase "ignorance is bliss"

I think it's more accurate to say that, at least as far as what you can control, that projection causes suffering.

However, in stating that, there are external forces above and beyond that cause self evident suffering.

Again, in my NASA analogy, you have the luxury of not being kidnapped and going through the state of the art of 21st century torture to literally spew shit about how all suffering is about perspective.

We very much live in an objective reality to this degree. Everyone will pretty much respond the same.

Because you are lacking a task, you have the luxury to hold a false belief. Just like there are no flat earthers at NASA, there are no reality realists that have the luxury of believing what you spew to this regard.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: New thread - Iambiguous, here are your PROOFS

Postby Artimas » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Artimas wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Artimas,

And conscious minds not only say, but have historically and currently say, "evil exists"

Even the Buddha called Mara "the evil one"

In Buddhist psychology, Mara is the wrathful deity that emerges every time one is about to become enlightened and wars against their enlightenment.


Plato stated that ignorance is the root of all evil and I hold that true. If evil is true then it’s from a position of ignorance. Just implies intent. People can be evil but I wouldn’t go so far as to say nature alone or reality is evil as a whole.


Well, there is the common phrase "ignorance is bliss"

I think it's more accurate to say that, at least as far as what you can control, that projection causes suffering.

However, in stating that, there are external forces above and beyond that cause self evident suffering.

Again, in my NASA analogy, you have the luxury of not being kidnapped and going through the state of the art of 21st century torture to literally spew shit about how all suffering is about perspective.

We very much live in an objective reality to this degree. Everyone will pretty much respond the same.

Because you are lacking a task, you have the luxury to hold a false belief. Just like there are no flat earthers at NASA, there are no reality realists that have the luxury of believing what you spew to this regard.



One experiences the good to see the bad and one experiences the bad to see the good, reality realists? The contrasts exist in reality so that there isn’t too much on one side or in that analogy, “luxury”. People are comfortable and stay ignorant which they cause more harm from staying ignorant than being educated.

Yeah and what you don’t know, may kill you and others. Ignorance is only bliss to those who are selfish and blind.

Yes, just like you have the luxury of being a philosopher now and not commit horrendous acts out of ignorance due to the guilt and subconscious.

That analogy works for reality rather than against it, since everything is contrasting. The flat earther does more harm than the one whom works for nasa, the flat earther can also learn what nasa teaches as well so I’m not seeing how that is luxury when he can learn it as well, his ignorance is created by his own uncaring and inability to use discretion between what’s true knowledge and what isn’t, this is how nature functions, trial and error, the comfortable die, the knowledge seekers, advocates and strong survive.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3726
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: New thread - Iambiguous, here are your PROOFS

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:42 pm

Artimas,

Here, I use my roller coaster parable.

Roller coasters generally take about 4 minutes to ride.

Now, some people like the entire ride, the scarier, the better.

Others might take 3 trillion years to get through all 4 minutes in a hyper dimensional mirror reality

Others may never ride it.

So... here you are, dictating how everyone who's different must be, to be like you (better than them)

We can all take a step back and say, "well, the absence of hyperdimensional mirror realities is evil.

That doesn't mean that reality is evil for every moment, only for that moment ...

Now! If we never get the hyper dimensional mirror realities, then we can call reality inherently evil for every moment, and make decisions from there

Just because you rode the roller coaster, and you rode it only in 4 minutes, does not make your philosophy of how to live life better than the other options, you're projecting some aspect of what comes easier to you than others, in terms of pain pleasure, as better than them.

That's how your posts read.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: New thread - Iambiguous, here are your PROOFS

Postby Artimas » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Artimas,

Here, I use my roller coaster parable.

Roller coasters generally take about 4 minutes to ride.

Now, some people like the entire ride, the scarier, the better.

Others might take 3 trillion years to get through all 4 minutes in a hyper dimensional mirror reality

Others may never ride it.

So... here you are, dictating how everyone who's different must be, to be like you (better than them)

We can all take a step back and say, "well, the absence of hyperdimensional mirror realities is evil.

That doesn't mean that reality is evil for every moment, only for that moment ...

Now! If we never get the hyper dimensional mirror realities, then we can call reality inherently evil for every moment, and make decisions from there

Just because you rode the roller coaster, and you rode it only in 4 minutes, does not make your philosophy of how to live life better than the other options, you're projecting some aspect of what comes easier to you than others, in terms of pain pleasure, as better than them.

That's how your posts read.


Who said it came easy? I’m not saying I’m better, I’m saying people need to deal with their pain properly, otherwise there /will/ be continued issues. It’s a matter of self responsibility and education. If you don’t want to fix the issue, then one doesn’t have any true right to complain about it, especially knowing there is an issue.

I’m still not off the roller coaster.

I’m not stating a philosophy of how to live life, I am stating a philosophy of how to understand it, big difference there.

It is more complex than the roller coaster analogy, there are rewards for riding the roller coaster, the reward is an understanding.

Are you denying that an understanding is better from that of simply knowing? I’m not judging anyone for how long it takes them to evolve, I am simply stating to stay on that path of evolving, don’t get trapped in ego.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3726
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: New thread - Iambiguous, here are your PROOFS

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:02 pm

We use ego constantly...

When I point to something and say "look at that"

I believe that they believe I'm there, and I believe that they are there.

Ego is necessary for identity and reference.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: New thread - Iambiguous, here are your PROOFS

Postby Artimas » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:34 pm

Ecmandu wrote:We use ego constantly...

When I point to something and say "look at that"

I believe that they believe I'm there, and I believe that they are there.

Ego is necessary for identity and reference.


Yes it is necessary, but it isn’t supposed to be culturally indoctrinated with ideology that doesn’t align with the self of an individual. Otherwise they are merely a byproduct of another’s ideas and aren’t truly living, they’re already dead. The only way to truly live free is to live as self, manifested as the ego, to create or shape ones own ego to the best of ones ability rather than cultural adoption from authority.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3726
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: New thread - Iambiguous, here are your PROOFS

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:38 pm

Artimas wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:We use ego constantly...

When I point to something and say "look at that"

I believe that they believe I'm there, and I believe that they are there.

Ego is necessary for identity and reference.


Yes it is necessary, but it isn’t supposed to be culturally indoctrinated with ideology that doesn’t align with the self of an individual. Otherwise they are merely a byproduct of another’s ideas and aren’t truly living, they’re already dead. The only way to truly live free is to live as self, manifested as the ego, to create or shape ones own ego to the best of ones ability rather than cultural adoption from authority.


There's only one power that I've dedicated myself to:

Non contradiction.

It's more powerful than any one being.

I've seen lots of people sculpt their egos outside of society and just simply ruin.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

response to silhouette

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:37 am

So, silhouette claims that tautologies are logical fallacies!

I have a tautology for silhouette to consider!

Sexual acts between men and women can only be sexual acts between men and women.

What this means, and it is a tautology, is that sexual acts between men and women, by tautological definition, can only have 1:1 correspondence.

One man, one woman.

Very simple.

According to silhouette, this argument, Like my consent argument is false.

The statement "nobody wants their consent violated", can equally be written as:

Everybody wants their will to not be transgressed against (their will).

Like I explained to silhouette, layers of redundancy change context and meaning. There is a new meaning from these redundancies that are not even tautologies, and even if they were tautologies ... they are not incorrect simply for being a tautology.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: New thread - Iambiguous, here are your PROOFS

Postby surreptitious75 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:33 am

Tautologies are only logical fallacies when they use circular reasoning in formal arguments
Outside of that when they are simply stating a definition or fact they are truth statements
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Thinker
 
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Previous

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Peter Kropotkin