the will is free

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Re: the will is free

Postby Artimas » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:53 am

Faust wrote:The reason that the question of free will has never been answerd satisfactorily is not that it is a difficult question. It's that it's the wrong question.

Just what is the will supposed to be free from, if it's free?

Instinct or subconscious, a no understanding of the eternal sequence of reactions creating possibilities and possibilities creating reactions. Free from nothing with the choice of also being nothing once more.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.

Image Image
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars

Postby Faust » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:10 am

Oh. Usually it's God, the laws of nature or causation.
Faust
Unrequited Lover of Wisdom

Postby Artimas » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:17 am

Faust wrote:Oh. Usually it's God, the laws of nature or causation.

The laws of nature contain an infinity even within their existence, that’s why we’re free. Knowledge comes and continues going. Our seeking to understand such is the very act of freedom, the choice to tread eternally and not be halted.

We are apart of and advocates for the very act of freedom. Of being a valued possibility within what could be nothing.

If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

Image Image
Artimas

Postby promethean75 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:20 pm

https://philosophynow.org/issues/49/Kan ... Connection

If you get a chance, take a couple bing hits and read this, artimas. It's a good primer and will help you understand what's going on here. I think you're ready to see how the big dogs handle this matter.
promethean75
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:26 pm

MagsJ wrote:From samsara to nirvana.. I say no more. =;

..the will is free when we don't live up to others' expectations of us, from the nature/nurture aspect of all things, and ignoring sociotel cues on when and how we should speak, walk, act, procreate, and even think, by the coercive means of others.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Artimas » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:03 pm

promethean75 wrote:https://philosophynow.org/issues/49/Kant_versus_Hume_on_the_Necessary_Connection

If you get a chance, take a couple bing hits and read this, artimas. It's a good primer and will help you understand what's going on here. I think you're ready to see how the big dogs handle this matter.

Thanks for that article, I will write something up to try and describe how, why, what, etc of this matter. I believe there is another answer or step to understanding it, in other words I believe I may have an idea that shows what’s going on and why/how.

Image Image
Artimas

Postby Artimas » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:53 am

Is this anything good or verifiable or new? My take in this present moment of how it all functions of which there will be more to add and be expounded upon, of that I have no doubt.

A priori knowledge is at an infinite amount of which is biologically integrated into the dna and of which builds the psyche, the present a posteriori( also contributes through present/current environment and experience of which builds or shapes the ego/provokes instinct. A priori exists integrated into psyche by and through the unconscious and subconscious of which was built of that same infinite a posteriori in one and all ancestries past(s) before one is conscious or has an ability to understand and express such consciousness/understanding upon the world.

In simpler terms or through an attempted expression/example: An existential crisis is what it is, due to an individual being an infinite amount of possibilities of both past and future confined to and in a present moment of which causes the individual to lose track or gain track of who they are as self and their suppressed being, dependent upon their attribution of value to future or past through fear/blame or acceptance/gain.

The subconscious has no differentiation between time and so it is built off of an infinity of both past and future possibilities to the conscious (understanding) mind which presents the illusion of being confined to past, present or future but in reality the individual is all three due to their psyche not being able to differentiate and being built from an infinity of objective unconscious/subconscious experiences, a sought possibility of which may seem imaginative is a possibility of which the steps do not appear due to the illusion of value attribution/satisfaction. When one understands they are the infinity of both past, present and future the will becomes free from this causal reaction of the past.

‘A man must become nothing, to become something’

In this becoming nothing one may glimpse everything.

To be or understand nothing is to see and be everything for possibilities even if seeming like imaginative impossibilities, are ladders to be climbed. What seems like imagination is due to the staircase of understanding and it’s steps being longer than what one may see or that one may value less stressful/more satisfactory in their present moment, so a very higher up understanding/step and having to be stressfully climbed possibility seems like an impossibility at the sacrifice of value for the future for value in the present.

The illusion of satisfaction/value attribution which is from a lesser point of understanding.

Being controlled by past to casually enjoy fruits of the present:

“Less work in the present moment for more value in the present but for less value in the future”

Being controlled by the future, for one may deem that the present lacks fruits/value from the past:

“More work in the present at the cost of struggle and acceptance of pain, for more value in the future”.

The mind is conditioned by a posteriori until one understands the implications and intricacies of their own consciousness and makes a choice and sacrifice to pursue being fully conscious through a priori.

Some examples that there is a non differentiation between time of, in and through the subconscious aspects of reality could be shown as instinct, intuition(future), dreams(past or future), guilt(past), etc.

Image Image
Artimas

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:00 am

The Will is never free WHEN WE GIVE TASKS A HALF HEARTED EFFORT, but the Will is always free WHEN WE FULFILL OUR TRUE POTENTIAL.

The devil can calculate for every mistake that we ever make, throwing us into a deeper trap when we fail to gleam the sunlight of true liberation. But to be Strong, to rage past the sea of chaos, tame and focus all of the stratifications being thrown our way, then we evolve, become more mightier, and absolutely indomitable to command the precipice.

There's a glowing stream, a majestic torrent above our lines to the divine, and if we reach into this pool of all promise, then we're showered with an all emblazoning radiance that even the devil can't conquer, and God sets into golden highlights for us THE BEST WAY IMAGINABLE!!1
RaptorWizard - Secret Garden of Rare Quotes viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194124
RevanFailNhilusOwn https://www.youtube.com/user/RevanFailNhilusOwn
machine/celebi tesla Polarities/Extremities http://montalk.net/
The Dragon Mind of Zen https://www.youtube.com/user/bodhichild
Luke Skywalker http://www.thehiddenrecords.com/
How many stars are there? I'm going to be the first one to see them all!
The idea is to carry a wish crown, a kind of shimmering artwork or network gallery, a set of bands or chosen assignments that flips a GameBoyColor into a Will-o~the+Wisp/ectoplasm, or the whispering of the Thunder being the Oracle.
The highest North is the Heaviest helmet, immersing you into all of the constellations!!
Breton to Skyrim, so the Devil made multifaceted copies of himself that got progressively better along the Way! Polaris Statues have orbs that stand out from all the rest slows people down! The dark side is small compared to the Light! Lao Tzu is Yoda’s Tao.
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby Artimas » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:26 pm

I’d like to know if this idea I wrote has already been proven in psychology or someone has written on it, I just would like to know if I should write a paper or book off of it to submit somewhere..

Image Image
Artimas

Previous

Return to Philosophy