Animal protection is the most noble cause

Will you explain what you mean by existence itself? To me, it’s like saying “the magnet is attracted to the iron by magnetism, but what about magnetism itself?” There is no magnetism itself. Magnetism is the interaction between magnets. Existence is the interaction between subject and object and there is no such thing as existence itself.

I’m sorry but tortured animals can be some of the best tasting ones.

A little foie gras and veal sandwich? Yes please.

The irony being that any explanation I might offer for existence is no less embedded in the gap between what I think/believe it is and all that can be [must be] known about it in order to explain it. Which of course would seem to be the case for everyone else too.

You can start with “I think therefore I am” or any other initial assumption to note that this thing we call “existence” in the English language appears to be all around us.

Or is that all just in our head? Or part of a sim world, or a dream world, or a matrix — or one or another mindboggling contraption that we are not even privy to.

Here we are discussing just one tiny part of it: to eat or not to eat animals.

But that and everything else is still entangled in this:

There are known knowns about existence. These are things we know that we know about it. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don’t know about it. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don’t know we don’t know about it.

I’ll run this by Tyler Durden but he’s already crossed you off the list.

Let’s just hope he doesn’t decide to eat you. :laughing:

Never heard of her.

I do what I can.

I have four dogs and two cats all rescue animals, some that had no hope of adoption as they don’t fit the category as cute, white and fluffy. One of these has severe behavioural problems due to abuse from previous owner, but with love and a good diet and exercise and good care they are the most loyal and loving animals. It doesn’t take much for them to trust you and know you have their best interests at heart.

I only donate to causes that involve animal welfare.

I am lobbying to stop live animal exports from my country.

If I can help an animal in any way I will do so without hesitation.

Some situations break your heart and show what mankind is capable of.
unnamed_1__1548159866_91767.jpg

So I was riding along today collecting maple sap and out of freaking nowhere, probably because I was riding by my pet geese, it suddenly came to me that: weren’t you at least metaphorically ass-raped by the prison system? So I found the thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=192293&p=2652998&hilit=prosecutor#p2652989

“Turd, are you just now realizing that there’s such a thing as widespread, institutionalized mistreatment of prisoners?”

While you were in, did you discover if that particular species of tortured animal tastes better? :evilfun:

I didn’t ever serve any time in prison. I was in jail for about 4 hours or so in 2015. And I spent the night in one once in 2008. And a few hours in this one or that one here and there a handful of other times.

So are you crusading for prison reform or does it not matter that much?

Both.

Why are you crusading if it doesn’t matter that much?

Just to stay in practice.

If it doesn’t matter, then why stay in practice?

In case one day it does.

And what could make it matter?

There’s no way of ever knowing.

Has it ever mattered?

Again, no way of ever knowing. But probably. I mean, over a long enough period of time, anything that’s possible becomes increasingly probable.

Well, he’s heard of you: youtu.be/exL51n3py6g :wink:

What makes the importance of crusading probable? If it’s not important today, then what would make it important in the future?