The purpose of all life

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:44 am

"no means yes" is not the common definition of rape.

All studies are flawed. That's how science works. Your study, if it's scientific, is in theory falsifiable. That means that if you keep gathering information, that it's likely that over a long enough period of time you'll debunk your own conclusion and advance your understanding of the world. That's how science works. It doesn't work if you just keep repeating it, ad homing those who seek dialogue about it, and refuse to respond to criticisms while ignoring the fallacies present in your description of your findings.

The rest of your post is just you calling me a jackass and a coward and a rapist.

You're better than this.

Variances in enforcement of laws about people exposing themselves in public don't entail it being a fact that all sex is rape. The jump you're making is such an incredible one that on its very face it's absurd.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:49 am

Like you're citing a "scientific study", but you're not reasoning like a scientist. There is a big difference between deciding on definitions, then plugging them into a syllogism, then showing soundness and validity in that syllogism and declaring Truth and thinking rationally about whether or not your ideas are merging with observable reality and determining if they will through a methodological approach that adheres to conventions in science.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:51 am

Like if I say,

The universe is an egg.
Eggs are delicious.
The universe is delicious.

To bolster my reasoning I have a study here from the undergraduate chicken farming department of a college in Siberia where it shows that the majority of respondents agree that eggs are delicious.

So the universe is delicious and anyone who disagrees with me is a coward and a fool and possibly a rapist.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:52 am

Then just respond to all criticisms by reposting the same thing and maybe throwing in that they are jackasses and that it's an axiom of science that the universe is an egg.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:02 am

quote="Mr Reasonable"]"

The jump you're making is such an incredible one that on its very face it's absurd.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5581
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:06 am

Meno_ wrote:quote="Mr Reasonable"]"

The jump you're making is such an incredible one that on its very face it's absurd.



Yes , but there is a window of opportunity , wherein, he has a chance before the contradiction can be verified. Until then , any hypothesis may be proposed. as long as it appears half way reasonable
Last edited by Meno_ on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5581
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:07 am

That's awfully generous of you Meno.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:07 am

This whole thing reminds me of that part of the Monty Python movie where they're reasoning their way to the fact that the woman they've caught is a witch.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:16 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:That's awfully generous of you Meno.




Just wanted to some degree square away a bit, the circle of doubt.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5581
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:17 am

You're violating the circle's consent.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:22 pm

Mowk wrote:
They definitely feel pain.


that is pretty far out there, like a flat earth out there.

How would you design an experiment to test that hypothesis? What data could we collect as evidence?

Suppose if they can talk we could always ask them. LOL. I can't even figure out what my cat is trying to say but I sure know when I've accidentally stepped on his tail. Yet he doesn't mind having his claws clipped, or his fur trimmed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... ystem.html

And actually they are finding more and more nervous system like responses in plants. Also cognitive like processes, complicated communication, even across species. Do we know they are experiencers? No. But it is hardly flat earth stuff at all.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Mowk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:08 pm

Thanks Karp, my world just got a bit more spherical.

Hmmm?
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Artimas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:20 pm

Mowk wrote:
They definitely feel pain.


that is pretty far out there, like a flat earth out there.

How would you design an experiment to test that hypothesis? What data could we collect as evidence?

Suppose if they can talk we could always ask them. LOL. I can't even figure out what my cat is trying to say but I sure know when I've accidentally stepped on his tail. Yet he doesn't mind having his claws clipped, or his fur trimmed.


https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/ ... l-pain.htm

"The smell we associate with freshly cut grass is actually a chemical distress call, one used by plants to beg nearby critters to save them from attack (usually it's an affront by insects, but in this case, it's lawnmower blades). After all, when danger strikes -- whether it's landscaping equipment or a hungry caterpillar -- plants can't lift their roots and run. They must fight where they stand."

Here's one example. Don't need a brain or central nervous system to react to stimuli/change. There are plants that can sense danger or pain and will kill you when they do, ones that release toxic gasses.

To be honest people are so worried about robots but probably should worry more about plants evolving further. That's how certain I am that plants are aware more than what we give them credit for. You can yell at a plant or love your plant and it WILL show.

There is a parasitic fungus out there that can zombify ants and insects.. Imagine if that species of fungus evolved and could effect humans.. real possibilities.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3804
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:33 pm

I want to thank Artimas for doing the leg work in this.

Like I said earlier, the old world communicated with plant spirits, very ordinary for them.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9025
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Mr. Reasonable:

I give you reason and you respond unreasonably.

You asked me to address all your arguments.

My statement is simple, this is the only one that you're attacking:

Sex dimorphism, rape dimorphism and weapons and combat training dimorphism cause a higher relative aversion to sexually suggestive acts in females from males than in males from females.

You try to make it sound like I'm on the fringe and you are normal.

I not only gave you 3 studies, I gave you ways to perform your own studies, out there in your feet in the real world.

You know I'm right, because no way in hell are you going to walk around flashing women all day. Women can do it with all the confidence in the world. There is no physical law in any book that states only to arrest male flashers and not female ones; it is a natural bi-product of this species fact. Worst case scenario women will be put in brief psychiatric lockdown...MILES away from a real prison sentence with real hard time.

Your arguments are "that doesn't mean anything" for every study I offer you, including your own intuition which proves what every sociologist knows to be a fact. You actually haven't said anything for about ten posts, and puff yourself up by calling them arguments.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9025
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Artimas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:14 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Mr. Reasonable:

I give you reason and you respond unreasonably.

You asked me to address all your arguments.

My statement is simple, this is the only one that you're attacking:

Sex dimorphism, rape dimorphism and weapons and combat training dimorphism cause a higher relative aversion to sexually suggestive acts in females from males than in males from females.

You try to make it sound like I'm on the fringe and you are normal.

I not only gave you 3 studies, I gave you ways to perform your own studies, out there in your feet in the real world.

You know I'm right, because no way in hell are you going to walk around flashing women all day. Women can do it with all the confidence in the world. There is no physical law in any book that states only to arrest male flashers and not female ones; it is a natural bi-product of this species fact. Worst case scenario women will be put in brief psychiatric lockdown...MILES away from a real prison sentence with real hard time.

Your arguments are "that doesn't mean anything" for every study I offer you, including your own intuition which proves what every sociologist knows to be a fact. You actually haven't said anything for about ten posts, and puff yourself up by calling them arguments.


Those things do happen and they are unjust, it is not equality. The issues should be fixed and recognized for sure, I just look at life in a simplistic way when determining meaning of existence, it's a simple one to be honest. I exist to experience, hence the senses we possess and the ability to craft devices to sense even more.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3804
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:21 pm

Artimas wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Mr. Reasonable:

I give you reason and you respond unreasonably.

You asked me to address all your arguments.

My statement is simple, this is the only one that you're attacking:

Sex dimorphism, rape dimorphism and weapons and combat training dimorphism cause a higher relative aversion to sexually suggestive acts in females from males than in males from females.

You try to make it sound like I'm on the fringe and you are normal.

I not only gave you 3 studies, I gave you ways to perform your own studies, out there in your feet in the real world.

You know I'm right, because no way in hell are you going to walk around flashing women all day. Women can do it with all the confidence in the world. There is no physical law in any book that states only to arrest male flashers and not female ones; it is a natural bi-product of this species fact. Worst case scenario women will be put in brief psychiatric lockdown...MILES away from a real prison sentence with real hard time.

Your arguments are "that doesn't mean anything" for every study I offer you, including your own intuition which proves what every sociologist knows to be a fact. You actually haven't said anything for about ten posts, and puff yourself up by calling them arguments.


Those things do happen and they are unjust, it is not equality. The issues should be fixed and recognized for sure, I just look at life in a simplistic way when determining meaning of existence, it's a simple one to be honest. I exist to experience, hence the senses we possess and the ability to craft devices to sense even more.


There's more context in the thread, which is why he's going after that statement.

Because:

It necessarily follows that relative to men, all women are a "no" for anything resembling first approaches or first escalations, first ornamentations...

Which necessarily logically follows that doing the above sends the signal that: "I don't care about the first "no""

If a female accepts this: it necessarily and logically follow that she is sending out the signal to the species that "no means yes"

Sexually, regardless of anyone's opinion, the subconscious mind knows that this is rape.

People work very hard to sublimate this.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9025
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Artimas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:14 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Artimas wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Mr. Reasonable:

I give you reason and you respond unreasonably.

You asked me to address all your arguments.

My statement is simple, this is the only one that you're attacking:

Sex dimorphism, rape dimorphism and weapons and combat training dimorphism cause a higher relative aversion to sexually suggestive acts in females from males than in males from females.

You try to make it sound like I'm on the fringe and you are normal.

I not only gave you 3 studies, I gave you ways to perform your own studies, out there in your feet in the real world.

You know I'm right, because no way in hell are you going to walk around flashing women all day. Women can do it with all the confidence in the world. There is no physical law in any book that states only to arrest male flashers and not female ones; it is a natural bi-product of this species fact. Worst case scenario women will be put in brief psychiatric lockdown...MILES away from a real prison sentence with real hard time.

Your arguments are "that doesn't mean anything" for every study I offer you, including your own intuition which proves what every sociologist knows to be a fact. You actually haven't said anything for about ten posts, and puff yourself up by calling them arguments.


Those things do happen and they are unjust, it is not equality. The issues should be fixed and recognized for sure, I just look at life in a simplistic way when determining meaning of existence, it's a simple one to be honest. I exist to experience, hence the senses we possess and the ability to craft devices to sense even more.


There's more context in the thread, which is why he's going after that statement.

Because:

It necessarily follows that relative to men, all women are a "no" for anything resembling first approaches or first escalations, first ornamentations...

Which necessarily logically follows that doing the above sends the signal that: "I don't care about the first "no""

If a female accepts this: it necessarily and logically follow that she is sending out the signal to the species that "no means yes"

Sexually, regardless of anyone's opinion, the subconscious mind knows that this is rape.

People work very hard to sublimate this.


I wouldn't say every woman does it. What if the woman is attracted to the male that would approach, what if her first response is yes. A lot of women do this though with men and men continue to pursue them without realizing that they are truly not desired.

It's a slippery slope.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3804
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Artimas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:16 pm

It kind of reminds me of cats to be honest. The cat howls all night in heat but then tries to get away from the male when it tries until the male actually rapes the female cat and yes it happens all the time with cats. Would be a good example of no meaning yes on an animalistic level.

It seems like Instinct battling the conscious mind.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3804
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:49 pm

Artimas,

Infinite hell is an experience.

Obviously people don't just live to experience, experience is the passive aspect of living, not its purpose.

And yes, women certainly do want some men to approach them, the problem is context. You have to put the whole globe in your head for a moment and see the larger picture of 3 billion unwanted and/or continued advances from men. That gets into mind reading games, and that's when it turns into psychosis. It's in the woman's best interest if she desires a man (for the sake not only of herself, but all other women) to simply approach that man and do all the escalations a first.

The worst thing any being can do, is to positively reinforce the "no means yes" message.

Because.... *drum roll*

the purpose of life is to not only approach, but to arrive at a 100% consensual reality (whatever that may look like to the individual without encroaching upon another). That to me, is the breath of life. Like plants that point to the sun and not away from it.

Unlike plants, people in general are so psychopathic and psychotic that it confuses everyone. People will actually run from the sun, thinking that they're actually running towards it.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9025
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Mowk » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:11 am

They are interesting studies. But lets not get all carried away. There's a lot of interpretation bias taking place regarding the meaning of the data.

So far experimentation has shown us a response, and we interpret it based on our bias'.

But is it pain, or just a response to a stimulus, like the pupil of an iris narrowing in bright light. Sure the pupil is responding to the light but there is no pain when it reacts in that manner or is it conditioning (environmental) like when a dog salivates to the sound of a bell?
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:24 am

Mowk wrote:They are interesting studies. But lets not get all carried away. There's a lot of interpretation bias taking place regarding the meaning of the data.

So far experimentation has shown us a response, and we interpret it based on our bias'.

But is it pain, or just a response to a stimulus, like the pupil of an iris narrowing in bright light. Sure the pupil is responding to the light but there is no pain when it reacts in that manner or is it conditioning (environmental) like when a dog salivates to the sound of a bell?


Actually, I gave a scientific study that's never been done. Men flashing women vs. women flashing men.

This delves into one of the strongest proof forms that we possess: inferential proof.

I'll explain briefly:

We all know that the counting numbers are infinite, therefor, we can never count them all... you know! 1,2,3,4,5,6,7... etc

We know for a fact that we can't count them all BUT WE KNOW THEY ARE ALL THERE IN A WELL ORDERED SET !!!!!

This is VERY important.

If women went to war with men, the women would all be dead, and there'd still be men.

We all know (without even doing it) that men flashing women all day will land them in PRISON!! Women doing it, will mostly get compliments.

We all know for a fact that sex dimorphic aversion exists, through inferential proof.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9025
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Artimas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:39 am

Mowk wrote:They are interesting studies. But lets not get all carried away. There's a lot of interpretation bias taking place regarding the meaning of the data.

So far experimentation has shown us a response, and we interpret it based on our bias'.

But is it pain, or just a response to a stimulus, like the pupil of an iris narrowing in bright light. Sure the pupil is responding to the light but there is no pain when it reacts in that manner or is it conditioning (environmental) like when a dog salivates to the sound of a bell?


But light on an eye can cause pain.. Especially if you're accustomed to the dark, the light will sting your eyes to tears. Pain is a reaction to negative stimuli whatever it may be, I feel.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3804
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Artimas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:45 am

Ecmandu wrote:Artimas,

Infinite hell is an experience.

Obviously people don't just live to experience, experience is the passive aspect of living, not its purpose.

And yes, women certainly do want some men to approach them, the problem is context. You have to put the whole globe in your head for a moment and see the larger picture of 3 billion unwanted and/or continued advances from men. That gets into mind reading games, and that's when it turns into psychosis. It's in the woman's best interest if she desires a man (for the sake not only of herself, but all other women) to simply approach that man and do all the escalations a first.

The worst thing any being can do, is to positively reinforce the "no means yes" message.

Because.... *drum roll*

the purpose of life is to not only approach, but to arrive at a 100% consensual reality (whatever that may look like to the individual without encroaching upon another). That to me, is the breath of life. Like plants that point to the sun and not away from it.

Unlike plants, people in general are so psychopathic and psychotic that it confuses everyone. People will actually run from the sun, thinking that they're actually running towards it.


But it is the experience that leads to motive or meaning.

If I have a great experience with football or science I very well might end up being a foot ball player or scientist.. Because that specific experiencing brings me joy, which who doesn't want to feel joy?

It is both passive and direct. It's a simple answer for our complex nature but it is also complex because it is the real answer to meaning. If we had set meanings life would be redundant, this is why we choose our own meanings through what we experience. It's why so many live their life not knowing what they want because they are a biproduct of experiences that they had no choice to be a part of, aka beginning with children mostly.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3804
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: The purpose of all life

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:15 am

Artimas wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Artimas,

Infinite hell is an experience.

Obviously people don't just live to experience, experience is the passive aspect of living, not its purpose.

And yes, women certainly do want some men to approach them, the problem is context. You have to put the whole globe in your head for a moment and see the larger picture of 3 billion unwanted and/or continued advances from men. That gets into mind reading games, and that's when it turns into psychosis. It's in the woman's best interest if she desires a man (for the sake not only of herself, but all other women) to simply approach that man and do all the escalations a first.

The worst thing any being can do, is to positively reinforce the "no means yes" message.

Because.... *drum roll*

the purpose of life is to not only approach, but to arrive at a 100% consensual reality (whatever that may look like to the individual without encroaching upon another). That to me, is the breath of life. Like plants that point to the sun and not away from it.

Unlike plants, people in general are so psychopathic and psychotic that it confuses everyone. People will actually run from the sun, thinking that they're actually running towards it.


But it is the experience that leads to motive or meaning.

If I have a great experience with football or science I very well might end up being a foot ball player or scientist.. Because that specific experiencing brings me joy, which who doesn't want to feel joy?

It is both passive and direct. It's a simple answer for our complex nature but it is also complex because it is the real answer to meaning. If we had set meanings life would be redundant, this is why we choose our own meanings through what we experience. It's why so many live their life not knowing what they want because they are a biproduct of experiences that they had no choice to be a part of, aka beginning with children mostly.


Yes, experience leads to motive or meaning, but it is not motive or meaning. All experience leads to the same motive or meaning, to not want to have ones consent violated against their consent.

It truly is the driver of meaning in life, what all beings strive towards.

One person may want knives to mutilate their genitals forever, and someone else may want to consensually have sex with whomever they want without emotional reprocussion, but with a steady state of enveloping passion.

Who are we to judge?

We can judge this however -- that's not the reality that we currently live in.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9025
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users