The purpose of all life

quote=“Mr Reasonable”]"

The jump you’re making is such an incredible one that on its very face it’s absurd.

Yes , but there is a window of opportunity , wherein, he has a chance before the contradiction can be verified. Until then , any hypothesis may be proposed. as long as it appears half way reasonable

That’s awfully generous of you Meno.

This whole thing reminds me of that part of the Monty Python movie where they’re reasoning their way to the fact that the woman they’ve caught is a witch.

Just wanted to some degree square away a bit, the circle of doubt.

You’re violating the circle’s consent.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech … ystem.html

And actually they are finding more and more nervous system like responses in plants. Also cognitive like processes, complicated communication, even across species. Do we know they are experiencers? No. But it is hardly flat earth stuff at all.

Thanks Karp, my world just got a bit more spherical.

Hmmm?

science.howstuffworks.com/life/ … l-pain.htm

“The smell we associate with freshly cut grass is actually a chemical distress call, one used by plants to beg nearby critters to save them from attack (usually it’s an affront by insects, but in this case, it’s lawnmower blades). After all, when danger strikes – whether it’s landscaping equipment or a hungry caterpillar – plants can’t lift their roots and run. They must fight where they stand.”

Here’s one example. Don’t need a brain or central nervous system to react to stimuli/change. There are plants that can sense danger or pain and will kill you when they do, ones that release toxic gasses.

To be honest people are so worried about robots but probably should worry more about plants evolving further. That’s how certain I am that plants are aware more than what we give them credit for. You can yell at a plant or love your plant and it WILL show.

There is a parasitic fungus out there that can zombify ants and insects… Imagine if that species of fungus evolved and could effect humans… real possibilities.

I want to thank Artimas for doing the leg work in this.

Like I said earlier, the old world communicated with plant spirits, very ordinary for them.

Mr. Reasonable:

I give you reason and you respond unreasonably.

You asked me to address all your arguments.

My statement is simple, this is the only one that you’re attacking:

Sex dimorphism, rape dimorphism and weapons and combat training dimorphism cause a higher relative aversion to sexually suggestive acts in females from males than in males from females.

You try to make it sound like I’m on the fringe and you are normal.

I not only gave you 3 studies, I gave you ways to perform your own studies, out there in your feet in the real world.

You know I’m right, because no way in hell are you going to walk around flashing women all day. Women can do it with all the confidence in the world. There is no physical law in any book that states only to arrest male flashers and not female ones; it is a natural bi-product of this species fact. Worst case scenario women will be put in brief psychiatric lockdown…MILES away from a real prison sentence with real hard time.

Your arguments are “that doesn’t mean anything” for every study I offer you, including your own intuition which proves what every sociologist knows to be a fact. You actually haven’t said anything for about ten posts, and puff yourself up by calling them arguments.

Those things do happen and they are unjust, it is not equality. The issues should be fixed and recognized for sure, I just look at life in a simplistic way when determining meaning of existence, it’s a simple one to be honest. I exist to experience, hence the senses we possess and the ability to craft devices to sense even more.

There’s more context in the thread, which is why he’s going after that statement.

Because:

It necessarily follows that relative to men, all women are a “no” for anything resembling first approaches or first escalations, first ornamentations…

Which necessarily logically follows that doing the above sends the signal that: “I don’t care about the first “no””

If a female accepts this: it necessarily and logically follow that she is sending out the signal to the species that “no means yes”

Sexually, regardless of anyone’s opinion, the subconscious mind knows that this is rape.

People work very hard to sublimate this.

I wouldn’t say every woman does it. What if the woman is attracted to the male that would approach, what if her first response is yes. A lot of women do this though with men and men continue to pursue them without realizing that they are truly not desired.

It’s a slippery slope.

It kind of reminds me of cats to be honest. The cat howls all night in heat but then tries to get away from the male when it tries until the male actually rapes the female cat and yes it happens all the time with cats. Would be a good example of no meaning yes on an animalistic level.

It seems like Instinct battling the conscious mind.

Artimas,

Infinite hell is an experience.

Obviously people don’t just live to experience, experience is the passive aspect of living, not its purpose.

And yes, women certainly do want some men to approach them, the problem is context. You have to put the whole globe in your head for a moment and see the larger picture of 3 billion unwanted and/or continued advances from men. That gets into mind reading games, and that’s when it turns into psychosis. It’s in the woman’s best interest if she desires a man (for the sake not only of herself, but all other women) to simply approach that man and do all the escalations a first.

The worst thing any being can do, is to positively reinforce the “no means yes” message.

Because… drum roll

the purpose of life is to not only approach, but to arrive at a 100% consensual reality (whatever that may look like to the individual without encroaching upon another). That to me, is the breath of life. Like plants that point to the sun and not away from it.

Unlike plants, people in general are so psychopathic and psychotic that it confuses everyone. People will actually run from the sun, thinking that they’re actually running towards it.

They are interesting studies. But lets not get all carried away. There’s a lot of interpretation bias taking place regarding the meaning of the data.

So far experimentation has shown us a response, and we interpret it based on our bias’.

But is it pain, or just a response to a stimulus, like the pupil of an iris narrowing in bright light. Sure the pupil is responding to the light but there is no pain when it reacts in that manner or is it conditioning (environmental) like when a dog salivates to the sound of a bell?

Actually, I gave a scientific study that’s never been done. Men flashing women vs. women flashing men.

This delves into one of the strongest proof forms that we possess: inferential proof.

I’ll explain briefly:

We all know that the counting numbers are infinite, therefor, we can never count them all… you know! 1,2,3,4,5,6,7… etc

We know for a fact that we can’t count them all BUT WE KNOW THEY ARE ALL THERE IN A WELL ORDERED SET !!!

This is VERY important.

If women went to war with men, the women would all be dead, and there’d still be men.

We all know (without even doing it) that men flashing women all day will land them in PRISON!! Women doing it, will mostly get compliments.

We all know for a fact that sex dimorphic aversion exists, through inferential proof.

But light on an eye can cause pain… Especially if you’re accustomed to the dark, the light will sting your eyes to tears. Pain is a reaction to negative stimuli whatever it may be, I feel.

But it is the experience that leads to motive or meaning.

If I have a great experience with football or science I very well might end up being a foot ball player or scientist… Because that specific experiencing brings me joy, which who doesn’t want to feel joy?

It is both passive and direct. It’s a simple answer for our complex nature but it is also complex because it is the real answer to meaning. If we had set meanings life would be redundant, this is why we choose our own meanings through what we experience. It’s why so many live their life not knowing what they want because they are a biproduct of experiences that they had no choice to be a part of, aka beginning with children mostly.