Does life (overall) suck?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other:
0 voters

Lord of light says so here
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=194350&p=2710166#p2710166
And you hear it said around the way.
Even if it is mighty painful and always unfair I wouldn’t say life sucks. But I am suddenly thinking, let’s put it to the test.

So please gals and cowboys please fill in your questionaire and join the squaredance here afterward. Euphemism for give your reasons.

what is utterly strange, is that the group is an extraordinarily odd place.

No rehab philosophy here fella. You stumbled in the wrong door.

Only someone who is boring, would fancy such an imaginative question of oddity, in order to be beautiful as poet, but why make your miserable life beautiful? It is strange when the day finds a boring one, wanting to dance.

Humans are automatons, robots, who aren’t fully Enlightened. They have an inverted sense of Reality due to their biological programming routines.

It’s like trying to get a preacher to become an atheist. No matter how you try to convince him he’s unwilling to understand a higher point of view. Just wants to cling to his worldly delusions, while claiming you are the worldly unenlightened one and that you are the one who suffers a delusion.

My views are mathematical. Because 2 people on an internet board don’t want to see it doesn’t matter. Since the vast majority of planet Earth most people are bad at math. Most people are bad at math and /or higher logic and reasoning. So if the majority won’t comprehend, that doesn’t invalidate my premise.

only someone only

someone only someone
only only only

someone
is
lonely

:smiley:

Hey mathematical logical guy, if you think about it a bit, you might find that atheism and theism are fundamentally grounded in the same way, and that one is just a negation of the other, and that to choose a side is to be political. The whole debate is boring and for all intents and purposes moot.

Well theism is not really a thing, where atheism is.
Theism is what atheists call all kinds of different things in total ignorance of these things.
No one who is seen as a theist thinks he is a theist. Thats why an atheist doesn’t make any sense when he talks to a priests.

For example a Christian isn’t a theist. He or she is a Christian.
You also have a-Christianity or Antichristianity. But the atheist doesn’t know the nuances.

But if you can’t see nuances you’re blind.

I think the theology students of the world would disagree with at least part of your post.

Well you can think what you want of course.

Buy it makes me suspect you never talked to a theologist.

What someone thinks their position is and what it actually is aren’t always the same thing.

I have sometimes found this to be true where I myself am concerned. Perhaps we are afraid to see a part of our self and our perspective which may seemingly appear to us to be less kind/thoughtful/compassionate/humane. We lie to our selves, we hide the truth from our selves, instead of stepping out on that shaky limb and asking our selves: “Is this the way I really feel or is this the [u]appropriate, moral way that I think I should feel?”

We rule with sentimentality, with heart, instead of in some cases to rule with a practical, intelligent, reasonable mind. That is not to say that heart and the practical cannot try to harmonize and exist together. It is not always an easy thing though - conflicting goods and the conflict between the savage lol within and the evolved human.

Wtf is a “savage lol within”? Lol

Well theism is not really a thing, where atheism is.
Theism is what atheists call all kinds of different things in total ignorance of these things.

But life doesent suck then.People do.
People don’t encompass life.
And life should not encompass people, either.

Note: my apparent plagerism does not constitute theft.