Ego: The Beast Within Our Minds

Ego, an enigma whose philosophical expanse proves one of the most challenging subjects for budding illuminators to effectively sort through. When tackling this topic, the adherent will discover the vast majority of Ego related literature, as provided by the world of psychology, sociology and new age funkiness, does little to clear muddy waters. Having sifted through many sources; there are a few valuable references I choose to hang my hat upon, these being; the teachings of don Juan Matus, Gnostic texts, philosophy of the ancient Greeks, and the meanderings of a few modern philosophers like Bill Hicks or Timothy Freke, who slightly touch upon the caustic nature of Ego. From the big screen; we can investigate Guy Ritchie’s classic movie “Revolver” whereby a fantastic job of illustrating ego at play was constructed. Because Ego plays an all encompassing role in our lives, I point to these few works as a fantastic place to establish a foothold into the unruly subject of Ego. You may ask; what is the benefit of chasing this old Tiger? Consider this simple observation; in the forest of consciousness, Ego is, by far, the most elusive and dangerous of beasts.

What dangers do we speak of?

Ego appears to us as a tangible construct responsible for framing the human experience in such a way that we are encouraged to adopt a belief structure of separation, physicality, death, and the little “I”. Ego, by confounding our sense of reality and reason, supports the experience of a material world which, in turn, keeps humanity from discovering our true GodSelf nature as the ultimate, indivisible, eternal, singularity. The experience of time and space are manipulated by Ego, in so much as, the focus of humanity most often is unwittingly funnelled into the past or future whilst forsaking the glory of the now moment. We find Ego also serves as the underlying current responsible for transporting humanity into the domain of fear, expectation, hope and despair. Ego prevents us from breaking through the many barriers of illusion, it hobbles our sense of possibility. Moreover, in the lives of us all, ego acts as the primary catalyst of chaos.

What is the origin of Ego?

This qualifying question of Ego’s origin opens for me a Pandora’s box of possibility, of which, I may never close. However difficult the query, there are a few interesting suppositions which, possibly, might shed some light on the topic. The Gnostics believed there exists two primary forces guiding consciousness expression; the first being the Goddess Sophia, creator of our universe. Aided by her subservient Goddesses and Gods, Sophia is responsible for guiding humanity toward light and love. The Gnostics believed the unadulterated path of humanity is to express our GodSelf nature. Adherents of the Gnostic philosophy, like us today, needed to explain why chaos seems to represent such a large portion of the human experience. Their conclusion was to point toward the antithesis of Sophia, which they suggested was represented by a force called the “Archons.” Their belief structure argued that the Archonic expression represented a ubiquitous force of nature responsible for clouding the collective mind of humanity, in so much as, we are unable to identify with our true nature as Sophia’s GodSelf progeny. Gnostic texts paint a compelling picture of good and evil constantly at odds in a race to gain the seat of consciousness.

Closer reflection of Gnostic assertions leaves me with the realisation that the force of Sophia represents the greater GodSelf “I”, while the Archons are akin to what we would consider the Ego, or the small “I”. Gnostic truth, in my opinion, maintains that the Archons, like everything in our universe, originates from the Sophia creation. Archonic service to Sophia enables humanity the ability to experience duality so that we may observe choice as the fundamental core of how we manifest consciousness in the material world. Investigation into their philosophy could lead one to assume Ego, at the very least, represents the antithesis of love. If we are to accept the Gnostic rendition of humanity being subjected to ethereal benefactors, in addition to, nefarious assailants, then, we certainly will ascribe Archons the role of God busters. Ego’s part in the cosmic dance is somewhat easier to pin down than it’s origin. However, if the Gnostics were right, then we can believe the presence of Ego to be an indivisible part of consciousness, eternal in nature, very much a function of our ‘perceived’ reality.

Much like the Gnostic assessment, we find don Juan Matus expressed Ego in terms of a separate being responsible for twisting the way humanity sees consciousness unfold. Matus used the term “Fliers” to describe what one would assume is the antithesis of our true GodSelf nature. Below is a quote from don Juan Matus clearly describing, to his protege, the predatory nature of the Fliers.

" I want to appeal to your analytical mind. Think for a moment, and tell me how you would explain the contradiction between the intelligence of man the engineer and the stupidity of his systems of beliefs, or the stupidity of his contradictory behaviour. Sorcerers believe that the predators have given us our systems of beliefs, our ideas of good and evil, our social mores. They are the ones who set up our hopes and expectations and dreams of success or failure. They have given us covetousness, greed, and cowardice. It is the predators who make us complacent, routinary, and egomaniacal."

“In order to keep us obedient and meek and weak, the predators engaged themselves in a stupendous maneuver; stupendous, of course, from the point of view of a fighting strategist. A horrendous maneuver from the point of view of those who suffer it. They gave us their mind! Do you hear me? The predators give us their mind, which becomes our mind. The predators’ mind is baroque, contradictory, morose, filled with the fear of being discovered any minute now.”

Matus could not be more precise in his description as he offers Carlos Castaneda a purview into the alternate, or Egoic Self. Like the Gnostics, Matus unequivocally defines the Fliers as separate beings, acting as infiltrators, manipulators, and deceivers of the higher human expression. Don Juan leaves little doubt as to the role Fliers play in striking down any attempt a sorcerer’s adherent would make toward exposing their domain, or understanding their modus operandi.

Don Juan emphatically instructs Castaneda that, of all his teachings, nothing is more important to the man of knowledge than the subject of Fliers.

Speaking to the origin of the Fliers, don Juan suggests they have always been part of the greater landscape of humanity. Furthermore, don Juan indicates the tapestry of illusion, as conveyed by Archons, represent an inescapable function of consciousness. Matus speaks of seeing the Flier overtake an infant child, his visions reflecting upon the disquiet of knowing the child’s true sense of reality has been hijacked, never to be freed unless the child learns the sorcerer’s way of knowledge.

To me; the most exciting part of Matus’s revelations define exactly how the Archonic parasitic presence dominates the mind of all humans. The aforementioned quote represents only a small slice of what Matus offers as a clear, unequivocal, peek into the predatory mind which we all unwittingly use to filter our reality. The best way I could illustrate the gist of the Matus revelations, is to suggest you acknowledge that all you see, think, and feel, is filtered through the Archon mind. What you describe as your mind, your experiences, your thoughts, feelings, and emotions, are not your own. You only think they are! Paint a composite of the “I” you see in the mirror, you will be directing attention to your Archon.

You think this Archon is you, but it is not!

By example of the Matus assertions, readers of the “Yaqui Way of Knowledge” discover many exciting revelations as the author, Castaneda, moves beyond the unveiling of his own personal curtain of Archonic deceit. Under the tutelage of Matus; Castaneda discovers a strikingly different reality, one which very few people are privileged to entertain. Castaneda soon learns the natural laws of the universe no longer apply. Space, time, physicality take on new meanings. Like Alice in Wonderland; all is not as one would expect in this menagerie of spiritual bliss.

Doors open to expose new found powers of perception, all life unifies as one for Castaneda. The wolf, coyote and eagle become his true brethren as he imbibes of their spirit running through canyons, soaring high above the desert below. Miracles of the GodSelf bring to light bizarre abilities Castaneda never knew existed. Casteneda learns how to be in two places at once, to travel thousands of kilometers in seconds and to discover full harmony with all living beings. Take heed to the lessons of Matus, you too will come to accept that the essence of your persona is, a mirror of lies, a betrayal to your true nature. More to the point, what you glean as the ‘real’ you is in fact a very pale reflection of your potential as a God realised being.

Against the Grain:

Although both the Gnostic texts and the great don Juan seem to agree that Ego represents an actual entity responsible for separating humanity from knowing it’s proper role as a GodSelf singularity, I find myself both agreeing and disagreeing with their analysis.

I agree ego prevents humans from knowing their true identity. However, I beg to differ when we attempt to establish Ego as a physical entity existing separate from the GodSelf. There are a few reasons to explain my conviction.

Firstly; most importantly, the crux of my own philosophy balances on the theory all manifest reality is a singularity. Therefore, nothing whatsoever can exist separate from unity consciousness. Although the Gnostic definition of the Archon presence as a function of Sophia’s divine plan tends to agree with this theory, Matus, it would appear suggests otherwise.

Secondly; it stands to reason that if a Gnostic teacher, or in this case, don Juan Matus, wishes to identify a certain facet of consciousness, then this aspect must be separated for identification. Matus, like many sorcerers and philosophers, expose the mechanics of our persona as a way to define, for the benefit of all, how Ego manifests control. Logic would suggest, the most effective way to qualify Ego would be to expose it as existing separate from the greater whole. If this be the case, possibly Matus and my own theories, although appearing separate, are in accord.

Thirdly; our reality expresses itself as a duality. Therefore, inherent in consciousness, we must be a able to discover an opposing force to GodSelf realisation. Ego, I believe, is that force. In my humble opinion, Ego is a natural, and essential, part of consciousness. Ego represents an integral aspect of human evolution. Therefore, it must be considered a unified partner in the reality experience. Similes and metaphors are often needed to assist in constructing a complete picture of esoteric reality. I believe don Juan and the Gnostics used Fliers and Archons as a viable concrete path toward expressing Ego in terms spiritual initiates could reflect upon, defend against, then gain knowledge from.

Be it separate from the self, or part of the greater whole, we can all agree on one truth, Ego dominates our expression of reality, Ego manifests fear, hope, desire, lust, it promulgates greed, envy and dovetails with spirit in the, most beautiful, dance of consciousness. Ego truly represents all of the base emotions we experience daily, yet, it’s presence is understandable, necessary to drive the vehicle of choice.

Ego in Our World:

However we align with his views, don Juan Matus has succinctly and eloquently defined the role of Ego. Simply stated, we are God, a singular, eternal, expression of love. However, the role of Ego is to trick us into believing ourselves to be fleshy mortals. Cohabiting in the material world, fighting for survival, while racing against an inevitable expiry date. In light of the chaos we experience, who could deny consciousness is caught in the web of Ego’s illusion. Don Juan was a phenomenal sorcerer, just from one small excerpt of his teachings we can glean a wealth of knowledge about Ego. Let us take a closer look at what he has to say.

“I want to appeal to your analytical mind. Think for a moment, and tell me how you would explain the contradiction between the intelligence of man the engineer and the stupidity of his systems of beliefs, or the stupidity of his contradictory behavior.”

How do we account for the contradiction of man’s intelligence, juxtaposed, to collective behaviour of mankind? We know the nature of the atom, over 100 years past scientists, using the double slit experiment, exposed the truth of our reality. Einstein clearly stated “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one”. Knowing the material world is illusory should have completely changed our way of life, it should have created a flood of scientific truth all pointing directly at the GodSelf and unity consciousness.

What happened?

Over millennia, countless philosophers, sorcerers, and spiritual practitioners, have illuminated a clear path for all of us to follow. Do we heed their wisdom? No, we instead choose to fumble along in darkness, absolutely refusing to open our eyes. We consider ourselves an intelligent race. Yet, we somehow deem it proper to accept over one billion of our brethren will starve to death, and over 3 billion will subsist on less than three dollars per day. We are the only species which acts as a cancer upon the planet. Is it not odd that we seem oblivious to this destructive path. Our consumptive insanity is ubiquitous throughout all facets of reality. The land, water, air, plants, animals, even our brethren, all succumb to the destruction of Homo Sapiens. Ponder seriously some of the following queries.

Does this Archonic reality represent the true nature of humanity, or, is there something more we can aspire to? Is there some great power we have yet to consider or develop?

There seems no end to the stupidity of human expression. No foreseeable abatement to the destruction of our world. Moreover, no semblance to our obviously true GodSelf nature as conduits of unconditional love. Why is this the reality we choose?

Contradictions in the human expression abound. Yet, we seem incapable of processing the real reality hidden beneath this contagious exterior. I ask you, is it not be reasonable to assume scientific knowledge alone should have directed us toward love and unity consciousness?

Does it make sense that we all envision a more compassionate world. However, somehow, our collective choices continually take us in a completely different direction?

Why do you think we all want love but find it almost impossible to grasp?

There is an elephant in the room, ironically, no one seems capable of acknowledging its presence. Imagine, your neighbour is a murdering fool who destroys everything he touches. This neighbour visits your home, steals the silverware, rapes your daughter, stabs your wife, then walks out the door after lighting the curtains on fire. Responding to the mayhem, do you invite him over for dinner the very next week, or, do you immediately put a stop to the chaos, correct the damage, then take care of your family? I concede to you, this scenario seems ridiculous on a personal scale. Yet, globally, you must realise, week after week, we are choosing to have the neighbour over for dinner?

Matus urges us to remember Ego is not just the little voice in our head, it represents much more than a few untoward thoughts.

We fail to see the Godself reality hidden behind the physical plane of Ego. Against the teachings of modern day science, we trust our world is solid, separate, molecular. Egoic expression traps us in a physical shell, ego leaves us shackled to a very limited reality. In the absence of Ego, we would be free to experience any reality we wish. How would you like to experience the world through the eyes of an eagle, a wolf, cat, or bask in the lifeblood of a large oak tree?

Ego causes us to see all manifest reality as separate little bits and pieces. The illusion of separation makes it impossible for us to comprehend that our brethren are truly not separate from ourselves. Imagine how the world would be a completely different experience if we all understood the true nature of unity consciousness.

Humanity is confused about time. Ego has us believe past, present and future are all different aspects of beingness, when in fact, time, like consciousness itself, is a singularity. Imagine how much more beautiful our world would be if we could comprehend the immortal nature of our true self.

What if we lived in a world no longer be limited by the sense of a singular body? We are omnipresent GodSelf beings. We are more than capable of being in many places at once. Time and space, as fed to us by Ego, gives us the impression of solidity, this is not our true nature.

We call ourselves humans. Yet, the truth of the matter is, we are Gods. This little “I” syndrome, presented to us by Ego, destroys our ability to love without condition. Hobbled like a prize pony, we know not of the sensibility of sharing and caring for all our brethren. Know thyself! There is no other more beautiful, more sacred, more deserving of love, than you!

Look out the window of your world. Humanity is driven by fear. Ego is the derivative of all fear. Move away the illusions created by Ego, you will determine fear has been dispatched in favour of unconditional love. How would your world change if love became the only basis for all your decisions?

Judgement is contagious in our world. Imagine, if we could all jettison the need to weigh good against bad. Ego prevents us from knowing that the brother we hate, is none other than, a reflection of ourselves.

Ego coops the unified GodSelf mind, then replaces it with the false self of Ego. However, Ego, like all visitors, can be asked to leave. We are so confused into believing in the little “I”, we never touch the true self, never know the glory of our primary identity. Remember what Matus said; “They gave us their mind! Do you hear me? The predators give us their mind, which becomes our mind.”

Death, need, desire, greed, all rule the human expression. What if, we could transcend these concepts? What if, we knew ourselves to be eternal, omnipotent, omnipresent, unified as a singular beingness which chooses to only embrace love? What if we knew our enemies as yet another reflection of God, another reflection of our own self.

Beyond The Beast:

We need not be handcuffed to the realm of Ego. Collectively, we can transition beyond Ego. The path toward sanity is easier than one might imagine. Scientific footholds can be learned, knowledge can be accrued, reason can be applied, logic can be embraced. However, is this enough? To answer this most important question, I can offer two points of view; the master sorcerer Matus and yours truly.

Don Juan Matus proved the Ego can be harnessed, tamed and ridden. His “Yaqui Way Of Life” illustrates the results that can be realized if one is truly dedicated to the path of what he called “The Way of the Warrior”. Matus shows us the beauty of a sorcerer’s world. Castaneda’s books unequivocally illustrate that don Juan Matus lived his life under the rules and actions of an impeccable man. Reading the Castaneda series leaves you breathless, tearful. Most importantly, it emboldens you with love. Therefore, if it is your desire to know Ego, I suggest you start with the gift of Matus’s love, then, set your sights upon being a spiritual warrior, a person of impeccable behaviour.

Exposing my person battle with the beast is guaranteed to benefit you much less than the teachings of don Juan. None the less, it is certainly worthy of mention, as my path may be more akin to what you are facing this day.

For most of my life; I never knew what Ego was all about, never even knew of it’s existence. The movie Revolver does a great job of presenting Ego, especially as it places, front and center, the need to know thy enemy. We see the main character being released from his inner turmoil the minute he becomes capable of identifying his EgoSelf.

Like the fictional character in Revolver, ignorance of my EgoSelf, left me defenseless to combat the awful side effects of Ego’s attacks. How could I know there was a demon lurking within my mind? The beast just had his way with me! It was my master! The little monkey coloured my world with fear, all the while, stripping love from every corner of my reality. By the time I was twenty, I knew love was the missing ingredient in my life. Life for me was horrible. Without the ability to lovingly connect with others, I felt abandoned, cold, homeless. To overcome this loss, I set my sights on learning what love was. Moreover, how was it maintained, why it was so inexplicably elusive. Looking for a definition of love, I found myself traipsing across hills and dales of spiritual wonderment. Puzzling together impressions of love, inevitably, pushed me in the direction of Love’s antithesis, which, as I have been intoning in this essay, is Ego.

From my humble, yet personally enlightening, experience, I advocate your first step in fighting the beast is to know your enemy. We can only defeat the things we know. Ignorance breeds fear, fear paralyses all action. The moment you accept within your heart that there does lie a beast, this is the turning point where you finally begin the path toward emancipation from its grasp. Having accepted the truth of your reality, you then must reach for all the information which may shed further light on how your inner demon dominates your reality. The more you know of this enemy, the better armed you will be to counter his threat, or even defeat him in battle.

Once you have learned enough to wage war on the beast, then you must establish a game plan for combating the endless attacks on you psyche. Personal experience has afforded me a small toolbox of fixes for battling Ego. Knowledge truly is power, I would advise you to never stop searching for more information on how Ego works. Truly, you will never know too much about Ego. Another wonderful tool I found was my observer self. If I consider there are three voices in my head, I would call these voices, my EgoSelf, GodSelf and ObserverSelf. All three are very real; all three perform a function in my personal dance of consciousness.

Ego runs the show by taking up most of my daily thoughts. I allow it to dominate the expression of my reality, as a result it does. Waking up in the morning, I am transfixed by the world of Ego, I see physicality, separation, need, and the clock ticking on the wall.

My GodSelf is a powerful benefactor, it clears the darkness. Whereby, it allows me to expand my world, beckons me to bask in my true identity by embracing unconditional love in lieu of the fear peddled by its nemesis, Ego. The problem with my GodSelf is that I rarely ask it to take over control of the reality reigns. Due to its cameo appearance in my life, my Godself fulfills the role of stabilizer, akin to an emergency relief pitcher, trying to save the day by striking out Ego’s heavy bat. However minimal the appearance of my GodSelf may be, it plays a critical role in allowing me to capture, embrace, and covet my true identity as a loving being who chooses to unconditionally accept all manifest reality. Reflecting upon an old saying, I would not trade all the tea in China for the loss of knowing that my GodSelf reality exists.

The third player in my mind, is the ObserverSelf. The Observer is my watchdog, it needs to be fed regularly. I feed my Observer by asking it to work. Its duty is simple, it must constantly be in contact with my conscious higher self so that it can act as a filter sorting out the constant horriblising Ego promulgates in my mind.

I always deal with mental chatter from Ego. My observer is like the alarm bell that rings when carbon monoxide is detected in a building. Without that vigilant alarm, I would perish to the wiles of an unseen killer. When Ego pushes me around, my Observer is responsible for making sure that, before the smell reaches my nose, I am already aware that the shit has hit the fan.

By example, if I find myself in a funk, all worked up over how I am going to pay the bills or feed my family when I have just lost my job. Ego will pound at my head and heart making me feel powerless, desperate, needy. This is not just me tearing at an old scab, this is my EgoSelf abusing the privileges I have afforded it. The Observer is vigilant, he knows this is an attack of Ego, he acts at my behest acting as a beacon, steering me toward the safe haven of my GodSelf spirit. My Observers steadfast presence, once again, allows me the chance to catch a breath so that I can transcend the maya presented by Ego.

For those of you who have never established an ObserverSelf as part of your working psyche, it must be neigh on impossible to envision the benefits gained by its presence. From my perspective, I cannot grasp how I could have ever managed Ego without my trusty ObserverSelf ally.

Possibly, the greatest ally in my struggles against Ego, is the knowledge that there does exist another GodSelf reality.

Moreover, that I can choose to dwell in whichever house I desire. I have known what life is like when I allow EgoSelf to run amok, unabated. It is not a pretty sight. Conversely, I know how life can be expressed when seen through the eyes of my GodSelf. The brilliant, unabated, bliss of the GodSelf is truly inexpressible. If nothing else has been gained, these gifts of experiencing the two contrasting realities has taught me that I can exercise choice.

Prior to knowing Ego, I was a victim to its contrivances. I was lost, blind, hopelessly defeated by its presence. Identifying the beast represents a single aspect of fighting the battle. One needs the knowledge of the GodSelf to understand the contrast. For, without that knowledge, one cannot entertain the alternative. We have been mentally programmed by society to believe in lies. Our societal masters know this truth will emancipate the human race, it will free us from the bonds of ritualistic debt slavery. The powers that be, have deliberately constructed a world of fear, competition, consumerism and ignorance. They are counting on distractions, lethargy and ignorance to keep us in check. They think we will fold under the weight of oppression. This is not our destiny. We are more, we are GodSelf beings. Knowledge has shed light on my true beingness, it has afforded me the most valuable of all gifts, the gift of choice.

Grace, serenity and courage are also tools which cannot be under emphasized.

Grace is needed to allow me to accept that, although I have been duped by corporate masters who have conspired to enslave humanity, I cannot debase myself with thoughts of anger, retribution or hate. I have also needed a heaping helping of grace to accept my faults. Without grace, I would never be able to come to terms with the obvious reality that Ego, is still the prime driver of my present day expression of reality.

I am no don Juan Matus, never will be. However, this is not important. What matters is that I try my best each day, then, accept the results, love and cherish the Self. My goal is to live the life of an impeccable man! This is my destiny as I have chosen to be a spiritual warrior. I have discovered the battle will never end. My EgoSelf is a great part of who I am today. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume, EgoSelf will be a lifelong partner. Ego is nothing to be ashamed of. Ego is my teacher, it constantly demands I better myself. By presenting maya, ego asks me to reach for greater realms of reality, pursue, without pause, a path toward unconditional love.

Serenity, like all aspects of emotion, is a choice. Ego will always create strife, it is up to me, and my ObserverSelf, to always seek balance, to observe, then choose my true nature. Serenity will enable my ability to embrace all actions which promote love. There must be a place of peace within the self. I have found the thoughts of a running river most quickly allow me balance. For you, there may be another source of serenity. Whatever, or wherever, it is, as spiritual warriors, we need respite from chaos.

Courage is another tool in the box of sanity. Not just ordinary courage. I have found the courage of a lion is essential for any chance at embracing unconditional love. EgoSelf heaps fear into my psyche daily, hourly, hell every minute is not an exaggeration. It takes an inordinate amount of courage to continue to love myself, my friends, acquaintances and especially my enemies. EgoSelf sets me up for failure on a daily basis. I fall, get up, then dust myself off, Over and over, I reach for a well of courage that insists I stand again to rebuff its accusations. EgoSelf will never stop visiting my home, I must have the courage to steadfastly resist its directives.

The House You Build:

There are two homes that I can create for myself and family. The EgoSelf wishes for me to live in a house built of fear. Society, believe it or not, also wants me to live in this same seedy domain.

Point of fact, I do live in a hovel. My home is littered with the decaying matter of slayed beasts. I struggle to beat down all comers, to conquer my fear. All in favour of embracing, love, unconditionally.

Does this make me less of a beautiful person?

Does this mean that my true GodSelf reality is unattainable?

The answer to these questions depends on which me you ask. My EgoSelf would complacently suggest.

Don’t worry amigo, all is in hand, you will never dwell in peaceful love, it’s just not meant to be.

My GodSelf knows only unconditional love; therefore it would state the obvious.

Damn idiot all is love, stop searching, stop judging, just BE what you are, be love.

My ObserverSelf would flatly state.

Dude, I am overworked and underpaid here. Go ask your GodSelf, he has nothing better to do than slap some sense into your silly head.

This I have learned. Every moment of the day, thoughts run through my mind. Each thought will be infused with emotions and feelings which will directly impact my experience of reality. Each thought might be best described as a physical brick in the construct of my world. My Observer is needed to filter my thoughts so that I can be aware of what is running through the mill.

Each thought based in fear will certainly make grander the mansion EgoSelf has created.

Each thought based in unconditional love will allow me to construct a house build on the tenets of GodSelf love.

Ask anyone what house they wish to live in! To a person, they will choose love. You know what we all want. Now, look around. How many homes of love do you see?

The house of love will never be a mansion, unless, I deliberately choose to manufacture bricks of love. My most popular choice, if I am honest, is to accept that I presently construct bricks of fear. Without first admitting the error of my ways, I will never seed the path of change in my crazy world. I accept my faults, I love myself, then rededicate all efforts to the task at hand. One brick at a time, I choose to build love. Every single step toward unconditional love, is a giant leap for mankind. It matters not how many steps I take in my life. What is important, is that I choose a direction, then remain relentless in choosing love. This, my dear friends is what it means to be a man of honour, compassion, and love. The great don Juan Matus would then refer to me as, a man of impeccability.

In Lak’ech, dearest brethren, prosper with knowledge… live with love…

The ego is a critical necessity to facilitate survival.
The ego is potentially a beast [evil] but can be tamed and ‘domesticated’ for optimal well being.