Colouring by numbers..

Some experience the world through/in colours, musical notes, numbers, sights… and others I’m sure…? sounds, smells…?

We can be guilty of all, none, or a combination of those, but we probably all experience experiences through a unique combination of different ways/sensory input, but what dictates the output? the conductor/individual…?

Is there special sensitivity required to be receptive or, is such experience manifested in the norm of population?

Remembrences of things past come to mind by Proust.

Note: more general sensual interchanges have been noted with odor-color and other interchanges, suggesting a broader field, which could serve as a backdrop for a general network, however these are even rarer.

References are available.
I found the answer to the 1 st question posed: 4% of total population are effected.

The general framework is. described as a reductive process sue to diminishing saturation toward black/white, with a ontogenesis near infancy , fixed in a saturated field, at the onset of cognitive conceptualization.

Synaethesia is a fact suffered by a small % of the population. Synaethesia arise from abnormal neural connections within the sensual functions in the brain/mind. Nobody asked to be born a synaethete. I don’t think such a problem can be corrected within the present state of knowledge and competence.

However this fact of synaethesia is one very useful point to support the fact that ‘abnormalities’ are normal, natural and unavoidable within humanity. This can be expressed in terms of the Normal Distribution or Bell Curve, i.e.,

The example of synaethesia and others as represented in a Normal Distribution is an effective tool to support that deviations and ‘abnormalities’ such a LBGT and the likes are normal. This is one fact or normality of LBGT that should be drummed into the skull of religious extremists, especially those from Islam.

Another critical point that I have been pushing is the emergence of extreme good and extreme evil prone people within humanity are also a natural and unavoidable fact. There is a small natural percentile of very evil people and their existence is unavoidable and uncontrollable.
These naturally evil prone people will be triggered to commit evil acts easily by various evil laden stimuli.
It is very obvious there are evil elements within religious texts [especially the Quran] that trigger the naturally evil prone people to commit terrible evils.

Since it is difficult or impossible to cure/change the naturally evil prone religious believers [as with sysnaethetes], thus the most feasible solution is to remove the evil elements within the religious texts or the man-made religion to eliminate all religious-inspired evil acts!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_overload: Blaming the experiencer rather than the environment they’re in, for the overload… the point where qualia diminish, or cease to occur until further notice.

I’ve met a few synthesists, of varying abilities/combinations of abilities… nothing remarkable about them, but the condition alone. :blush:

I remember in Primary school… each pupil learning new concepts in our own individualistic way of innate understanding… what worked for one/some, not always working for the other… doing math/calculations, in conjunction with visualisations, being one of them, or learning to read sheet music by varying means.

…if you can’t change the stimulee, change the stimuli? ideas, propagated like seeds… even the bad ones? on the off-chance that they set seed and too flourish… together with the more acceptable concepts that humans possess.

Extremism is also normal … so is rape, murder, torture, slavery, pedophilia, suicide bombings, etc.

Basically, anything that anyone does is normal.

The antithesis of reason. The destruction of words is the destruction of meaning.

Words normally has meanings in various perspectives and contexts.
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/normal
In this case I had qualified the context, i.e. within the Normal Distribution.

Yes, in the above context, rape, murder, torture, slavery, pedophilia, suicide bombings are ‘normal’ to human beings, i.e. these are normal abnormalities in context. What is critical is to understand this truth and one has to take the appropriate actions where possible to deal with such evilness.

It is bad philosophy if your mind is stuck to one perspective only and rigidly [& conflating perspectives and contexts] like what Iambiguous is entrapped in.

This demonstrates the worthlessness of posting normal distribution curves. These curves contain all persons and all behaviors without judgement. Yet you divide the people and behaviors into “normal abnormal” and something else (‘normal normal’? or ‘not abnormal’) categories. You accept LGBT so you insist that it’s “normal”. Therefore you think that “normality of LBGT that should be drummed into the skull of religious extremists, especially those from Islam.”

But what have the religious extremist done except that they label LBGT as abnormal and you disagree. You do exactly what they do : divide things into abnormal and not-abnormal categories.

Yeah, they also feel the need to “drum their particular set of categories into your skull”. :evilfun:

What makes your labeling so much better than theirs?

Iambiguous writes about this stuff all the time and he understands it much better than you. You seem to be completely oblivious to what you are doing.

I’m pointing out how words like “normal” are abused … how they are used to manipulate people.

In what sense is someone “normal”? In what sense is a behavior “normal”?

If you think about it, Prismatic is saying that what he accepts or likes is “normal” and what he does not accept or like is “abnormal”. The Normal Distribution Curve is intended to add legitimacy to what he calls “normal” and often people will be fooled into believing that it does. But in fact, it doesn’t legitimize it at all. It reveals his own personal value judgements.

Everyone has basic normal tendencies, and from there we veer off into our own individual combination of tendencies, be they normal or otherwise, but this thread was not solely focusing on the normal v abnormal of being, but on how we perceive our environment.

Me: Do you have a light? [as I spot a lady with a lighter, on my walk up from Galvin at Windows in the penthouse at Hilton Park Lane, from having collected a Matthew Williamson gold ethnic tasselled chain left there since September’s Summer Sunset party]

Her: Yes… Wait, I can do one better. Hold on… take this [passes the lighter] [proceeds to take two smokes out and hand me the otherwise full box]

Me: Are you quitting smoking?

Her: I am… after I’ve smoked these two.

Me: Thanks… that’s good. See you, take care. [pats her on the arm, as I walk to the bus stop at Hyde Park Corner and head home]

To be used as an excuse for someone to quit smoking is a big burden to bear… albeit an invisible/purely mental one. :confused:

Are heightened senses a need for them to be, or just that they simply are?

Being around those that can read us simply from sight used to scare me, but now I’m ready to see what others see, without being anxious as to what it is that others see.

What do you get when you put a load of observers in one room? a watch party. 8-[

How are any of you, with being observed/analysed? I detest it. =;