Future together in the face of the technoworld.

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Will we succeed together as a sexually unified race in a technologically advanced world?

Poll ended at Thu May 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Yes
3
27%
No
6
55%
Unsure
2
18%
 
Total votes : 11

Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

Postby Serendipper » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:41 am

Pandora wrote:Just curious, how do you guys feel about getting a womb transplant and gestating/birthing your own baby?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconvers ... tate-80581

Idk, this is beginning to seem like some kind of fetish considering the degree to which this is overboard, and that raises the ethical question of using babies as objects of fetish. It's one thing to put on a skirt and prance around like a weirdo, but to shove a baby up up an ass just so it could be shit back out in order to fulfill some fantasy essentially equivalent to "playing house" seems like taking perverted liberties with innocence.
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

Postby Serendipper » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:48 am

encode_decode wrote:One of my children identifies as being transgender, another as being bisexual and the other as heterosexual.

How can a child identify as transgender? Or do you mean the child is an adult?
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

Postby encode_decode » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:22 am

Serendipper wrote:
encode_decode wrote:One of my children identifies as being transgender, another as being bisexual and the other as heterosexual.

How can a child identify as transgender? Or do you mean the child is an adult?

I have no idea how anyone identifies as transgender, let alone a child. The child is nearly an adult where the other two are both adults. It could be the case whereby the child is just confused or even some sort of mental problem - that is what I mean about the world being a mixed up place.

No one is willing to settle on what is right or wrong anymore.

I will say it again: Meddling with the causality of nature could very well be our undoing - I just do not think we know enough yet to say.

I have a feeling our current worldwide culture(generally speaking) is out to defeat itself.

It brings me to my next thought - what good are rules if nobody can agree on the rules to have - what good is individuality and celebrating it so much when it seems to be destroying what we once were - should we or should we not follow nature and our obvious design and why sit on our hands wondering about it all.
    Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

    Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
    (James S Saint)


    It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
    (Anomaly654)


    Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
    (Myself)
    User avatar
    encode_decode
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 1202
    Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

    Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

    Postby Urwrongx1000 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:46 am

    Mammalian sexuality specializes on divergence and creating difference. This is the obvious case with humanity. Sex is producing more and more, exponential specialization. Races are mixing, for better or worse. Some are remaining white and maintaining "white privilege". As technology increases and information accumulates, specialization will speed up.

    That's all I see about the future, more specialization.
    Urwrongx1000
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 1230
    Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

    Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

    Postby encode_decode » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:59 am

      Well I agree with most if not all of what you just said.
        Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

        Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
        (James S Saint)


        It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
        (Anomaly654)


        Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
        (Myself)
        User avatar
        encode_decode
        Philosopher
         
        Posts: 1202
        Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

        Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

        Postby Serendipper » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:28 pm

        encode_decode wrote:
        Serendipper wrote:
        encode_decode wrote:One of my children identifies as being transgender, another as being bisexual and the other as heterosexual.

        How can a child identify as transgender? Or do you mean the child is an adult?

        I have no idea how anyone identifies as transgender, let alone a child. The child is nearly an adult where the other two are both adults. It could be the case whereby the child is just confused or even some sort of mental problem - that is what I mean about the world being a mixed up place.

        A child plays house. An adult makes an important life decision. Other than that, there is no difference. I think the role of the parent is to introduce life-consequences to children without them actually having to suffer consequences that are too harsh because the child may not be aware of the consequence of sticking his fingers in an electrical outlet, for instance, or deciding they will be a man or woman for life when they don't have that capacity to make that decision. Heck, I don't even think people are equipped to decide if they should be married at an age of less than 30 because nobody knows what they want at a younger age.

        No one is willing to settle on what is right or wrong anymore.

        Right and wrong is subjective but surely there is an age that is too young to know what they want and therefore probably shouldn't be granted the opportunity to make decisions with grave consequences, but then again there is a view that if kids want to eat laundry detergent, then we should allow the stupid to exterminate themselves. It's all subjective.

        I will say it again: Meddling with the causality of nature could very well be our undoing - I just do not think we know enough yet to say.

        Well, my perspective is that it's all a game or play anyway, so none of this is terribly serious.

        I have a feeling our current worldwide culture(generally speaking) is out to defeat itself.

        Success is its own undoing. I know this for sure: if you have a pine forest, one bug can leave you with a barren field. Anytime in nature that you collect together one species too similar then it will be wiped out.

        It brings me to my next thought - what good are rules if nobody can agree on the rules to have

        I suppose too many rules are better than no rules.

        - what good is individuality and celebrating it so much when it seems to be destroying what we once were

        Where is individuality? I don't see that at all, but only people copying each other. I am the only individual I know.

        Everyone thinks different in an effort to be just like each other:

        Image

        - should we or should we not follow nature and our obvious design and why sit on our hands wondering about it all.

        Work with the grain of nature or against it if you want to lose.
        Serendipper
        Philosopher
         
        Posts: 1381
        Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

        Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

        Postby encode_decode » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:04 pm

          Serendipper

          First let me just say that you make some very good points - mature ones at that. There is something wrong with our culture however.

          Serendipper wrote:A child plays house. An adult makes an important life decision. Other than that, there is no difference. I think the role of the parent is to introduce life-consequences to children without them actually having to suffer consequences that are too harsh because the child may not be aware of the consequence of sticking his fingers in an electrical outlet, for instance, or deciding they will be a man or woman for life when they don't have that capacity to make that decision. Heck, I don't even think people are equipped to decide if they should be married at an age of less than 30 because nobody knows what they want at a younger age.

          It is very difficult for me to disagree here without taking away objectivity. So I will divert the conversation -- For us to succeed in a techno-world we are going to have to change our attitudes to fit in with it because there is not going to be enough land for those of us who want to farm for a hobby or start communes or continue other little dreams that require land or situations of the past - one thing we know for certain is that the world does nothing but change, in fact that is the nature of everything.

          The population is going to increase << no-one will be able to stop that. We might fail in the end but the end is hundreds of years off not 10 or 20 as some would have you believe. Resources will change, not become scarce. Ways of doing things will change because of it. We as adults need to make important life decisions.

          We need to face reality together and leave behind the doomsday BS.

          Serendipper wrote:Right and wrong is subjective but surely there is an age that is too young to know what they want and therefore probably shouldn't be granted the opportunity to make decisions with grave consequences, but then again there is a view that if kids want to eat laundry detergent, then we should allow the stupid to exterminate themselves. It's all subjective.

          Right and wrong is subjective only to a certain extent - seven billion humans could jump out of aeroplanes at 3000 metres and they would all surely die - that I believe is objectively true and right - and we would be allowing seven billion stupid people to exterminate themselves.

          encode_decode wrote:I will say it again: Meddling with the causality of nature could very well be our undoing - I just do not think we know enough yet to say.
          Serendipper wrote:Well, my perspective is that it's all a game or play anyway, so none of this is terribly serious.

          You are kidding right? Nah I am just kidding - lol - We only have to push over one domino to make the others fall and perhaps that first domino has already fallen.

          You say success is its own undoing but this clearly is dependent on a few things - why would an ant colony fail if the conditions were always perfect? The answer is because the ants might have gotten lazy.

          I loved the Think Different picture - I thought that made a very clear statement. =D>
            Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

            Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
            (James S Saint)


            It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
            (Anomaly654)


            Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
            (Myself)
            User avatar
            encode_decode
            Philosopher
             
            Posts: 1202
            Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

            Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

            Postby Serendipper » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:50 pm

            encode_decode wrote:First let me just say that you make some very good points - mature ones at that. There is something wrong with our culture however.

            Yeah our culture is uncultured ;)

            For us to succeed in a techno-world we are going to have to change our attitudes to fit in with it because there is not going to be enough land for those of us who want to farm for a hobby or start communes or continue other little dreams that require land or situations of the past -

            Actually, I see lots of available land in the future because technology improves farming. We could build vertically if we have to.

            Image

            Image

            That is why I encouraged you to check into the venus project. We have the capability to feed everyone with no one working (well, only a few people who really want to tend to things). That's technically possible.

            one thing we know for certain is that the world does nothing but change, in fact that is the nature of everything.

            Yup, oscillations, vibrations (ie change).

            The population is going to increase << no-one will be able to stop that.

            Image

            I think the global population will rise, level, then fall. Of course, it depends on politics. If we don't bring the whole world into prosperity, then those populations will overwhelm us, reduce prosperity and slow the process of reaching a point that we don't breed like rabbits anymore. Numbers of offspring is a function of education (I would say intelligence, but education is a better word).

            The countries with high IQ have slow or leveling population growth.

            We might fail in the end but the end is hundreds of years off not 10 or 20 as some would have you believe. Resources will change, not become scarce. Ways of doing things will change because of it. We as adults need to make important life decisions.

            We need to face reality together and leave behind the doomsday BS.

            Never bet on the end of the world. It only happens once ;)

            Right and wrong is subjective only to a certain extent - seven billion humans could jump out of aeroplanes at 3000 metres and they would all surely die - that I believe is objectively true and right - and we would be allowing seven billion stupid people to exterminate themselves.

            Did you know that a cat can jump from a skyscraper and probably live? (It's not heavy enough to overcome air resistance to achieve velocity sufficient to kill it with certainty) If 7 billion people jump from a plane, I'd bet that at least one lives :D

            See my thread here for more oddities of the universe viewtopic.php?f=4&t=193940

            It's hard to say anything for sure.

            You say success is its own undoing but this clearly is dependent on a few things - why would an ant colony fail if the conditions were always perfect? The answer is because the ants might have gotten lazy.

            Maybe... or they run out of food because too many things favor the success of the ants and they eat it all. Or perhaps some disease will take advantage of such a large population of ants.

            I don't know for sure if someone would die from jumping from a plane, but I'm more sure that if a population grows too large and is too genetically similar, it will be wiped out. Success is always its own undoing. I've seen it too many times with plants and animals for me not to assume this is a general "law" and it's one of the few things dad and I agree on.

            The American Chestnut is nearly extinct. The Emerald Ash Borer is working tirelessly to wipe out all the Ash trees and there is nothing we can do about it. Bananas are next. https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/22/africa/b ... index.html

            I loved the Think Different picture - I thought that made a very clear statement. =D>

            Yup, the ones who are different are the ones who don't try to be different ;)
            Serendipper
            Philosopher
             
            Posts: 1381
            Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

            Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

            Postby encode_decode » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:57 pm

              Ah, your post made my day.

              Thanks

              =D>

              I will be back to respond later. You can count on it.
                Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

                Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
                (James S Saint)


                It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
                (Anomaly654)


                Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
                (Myself)
                User avatar
                encode_decode
                Philosopher
                 
                Posts: 1202
                Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

                Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:51 am

                One thing is certain ... the recent population explosion is a "First Occurence" ... to underestimate the potential ... both good and bad ... is naive.

                The first empirical evidence we are dumbing down Homo sapiens were the Republican debates in the US 2016 presidential elections – and the resultant kakistocracy. On the other hand, toxification may solve the population problem, since sperm counts are plunging.”


                Source: Paul Ehrlich: "Collapse Of Civilisation Is A Near Certainty Within Decades"

                https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03- ... in-decades
                "Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

                Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
                User avatar
                pilgrim-seeker_tom
                Philosopher
                 
                Posts: 1858
                Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 am

                Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                Postby Serendipper » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:34 am

                pilgrim-seeker_tom wrote:One thing is certain ... the recent population explosion is a "First Occurence" ... to underestimate the potential ... both good and bad ... is naive.

                The first empirical evidence we are dumbing down Homo sapiens were the Republican debates in the US 2016 presidential elections – and the resultant kakistocracy. On the other hand, toxification may solve the population problem, since sperm counts are plunging.”


                Source: Paul Ehrlich: "Collapse Of Civilisation Is A Near Certainty Within Decades"

                https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03- ... in-decades


                overpopulation and overconsumption are driving us over the edge...

                We're ultimately consuming the energy stored in oil/coal and in plants/food. Oil is really just a buffer filled with sunlight-energy and so we just need our buffer for a bit longer until we're permeated with cheap solar cells supplying all the energy we could ever need.

                The next problem is food, but hydroponic farms powered by solar energy addresses that.

                So we have a measure of time before the stores run out until we achieve energy sufficiency regardless of population. The only other limiting factor that I can see is the physical carrying capacity of the earth.

                Have a look at this: https://ourworldindata.org/world-population-growth

                Image
                Serendipper
                Philosopher
                 
                Posts: 1381
                Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

                Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                Postby Pandora » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:27 am

                https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomb ... starvation

                They just need to bring the rainbow agenda to sub-Saharan Africa now.
                User avatar
                Pandora
                Philosopher
                 
                Posts: 4223
                Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
                Location: Ward 6

                Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                Postby Serendipper » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:35 am

                Pandora wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/view/articles/2018-03-16/decline-in-world-fertility-rates-lowers-risks-of-mass-starvation

                They just need to bring the rainbow agenda to sub-Saharan Africa now.

                :lol: True

                I've read that Africa is China's China. http://www.delivered.dhl.com/en/article ... china.html
                Serendipper
                Philosopher
                 
                Posts: 1381
                Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

                Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:30 am

                Food availability isn't the issue ... the West probably throws out enough edible food to feed the billion plus hungry people in the world today.

                The West hasn't been hungry for a very long time ... and that may be the issue ... that may explain the decline of the West ... as St Augustine argues ... prosperity leads to depravity.
                "Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

                Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
                User avatar
                pilgrim-seeker_tom
                Philosopher
                 
                Posts: 1858
                Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 am

                Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                Postby encode_decode » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:03 pm

                pilgrim-seeker_tom wrote:Food availability isn't the issue ... the West probably throws out enough edible food to feed the billion plus hungry people in the world today.

                The West hasn't been hungry for a very long time ... and that may be the issue ... that may explain the decline of the West ... as St Augustine argues ... prosperity leads to depravity.

                I would say that you have a real point here and history seems to indicate this too. There are those of us from the west that seek to put an end to the moral corruption that is rampant alongside prosperity before it is too late. The west has many achievements to its name and a few of it's occupants continue to excel at being productive among the wickedness that continues to flourish. The general culture that springs forth from the west would be among the first elements requiring realignment to virtue.
                  Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

                  Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
                  (James S Saint)


                  It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
                  (Anomaly654)


                  Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
                  (Myself)
                  User avatar
                  encode_decode
                  Philosopher
                   
                  Posts: 1202
                  Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

                  Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                  Postby encode_decode » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:47 pm

                  Serendipper wrote:I think the global population will rise, level, then fall. Of course, it depends on politics. If we don't bring the whole world into prosperity, then those populations will overwhelm us, reduce prosperity and slow the process of reaching a point that we don't breed like rabbits anymore. Numbers of offspring is a function of education (I would say intelligence, but education is a better word).

                  Interesting that the population of Japan has fallen like that. I agree that education is a better world.

                  Serendipper wrote:The countries with high IQ have slow or leveling population growth.

                  I never knew that. It is true what they say: you learn something new everyday.

                  Think differently definitely has its place in the world.

                  Neosophi
                    Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

                    Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
                    (James S Saint)


                    It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
                    (Anomaly654)


                    Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
                    (Myself)
                    User avatar
                    encode_decode
                    Philosopher
                     
                    Posts: 1202
                    Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

                    Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                    Postby encode_decode » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:36 pm

                      Two interesting points, one from this thread and one from another thread.

                      Serendipper wrote:Men are turning into women and women into men. The sexes are converging, which may be construed as feminizing from a masculine perspective.

                      This could also be construed as masculinizing from a feminine perspective.

                      From another thread, WendyDarling posted:

                      WendyDarling wrote:Sex as in gender cannot be dispensed with, there's no way around that. Like I already said, not all women are feminine due to their hormone levels and with all the pollution and subsequent genetic mutations caused by it, women may have higher T (testosterone) levels currently than ever before and men may have higher E (estrogen) levels than ever before. Couldn't this be a scientific cause for role reversals that are seemingly occurring in male feminization and female masculinization?

                      This most definitely could be a scientific cause for role reversals that are seemingly occurring in male feminization and female masculinization.

                      With a little imagination one can see that technicalization and sexual convergence have gone hand in hand.
                        Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

                        Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
                        (James S Saint)


                        It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
                        (Anomaly654)


                        Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
                        (Myself)
                        User avatar
                        encode_decode
                        Philosopher
                         
                        Posts: 1202
                        Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

                        Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                        Postby Serendipper » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:10 pm

                        encode_decode wrote:This most definitely could be a scientific cause for role reversals that are seemingly occurring in male feminization and female masculinization.

                        With a little imagination one can see that technicalization and sexual convergence have gone hand in hand.

                        Yes and I can see a day when women probably will not be able to give birth anymore.
                        Serendipper
                        Philosopher
                         
                        Posts: 1381
                        Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

                        Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                        Postby encode_decode » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:19 pm

                        Serendipper wrote:
                        encode_decode wrote:This most definitely could be a scientific cause for role reversals that are seemingly occurring in male feminization and female masculinization.

                        With a little imagination one can see that technicalization and sexual convergence have gone hand in hand.

                        Yes and I can see a day when women probably will not be able to give birth anymore.

                        I can also see this day, plus I can see a time where technology will be used to make the decision of when to produce babies and when not to produce babies. Hell, I can see a time where human and technology will become an integration of each other - in many ways this is already happening.

                        Transhumanism
                          Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

                          Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
                          (James S Saint)


                          It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
                          (Anomaly654)


                          Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
                          (Myself)
                          User avatar
                          encode_decode
                          Philosopher
                           
                          Posts: 1202
                          Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

                          Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                          Postby Serendipper » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:56 pm

                          encode_decode wrote:
                          Serendipper wrote:
                          encode_decode wrote:This most definitely could be a scientific cause for role reversals that are seemingly occurring in male feminization and female masculinization.

                          With a little imagination one can see that technicalization and sexual convergence have gone hand in hand.

                          Yes and I can see a day when women probably will not be able to give birth anymore.

                          I can also see this day, plus I can see a time where technology will be used to make the decision of when to produce babies and when not to produce babies. Hell, I can see a time where human and technology will become an integration of each other - in many ways this is already happening.

                          Transhumanism

                          Yes, I'd prefer to be silicon based, I think.
                          Serendipper
                          Philosopher
                           
                          Posts: 1381
                          Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

                          Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                          Postby encode_decode » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:10 pm

                          Serendipper wrote:Yes, I'd prefer to be silicon based, I think.

                          Radical man, I desire to keep my humanity :D
                            Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

                            Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
                            (James S Saint)


                            It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
                            (Anomaly654)


                            Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
                            (Myself)
                            User avatar
                            encode_decode
                            Philosopher
                             
                            Posts: 1202
                            Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

                            Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                            Postby Serendipper » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:59 pm

                            encode_decode wrote:
                            Serendipper wrote:Yes, I'd prefer to be silicon based, I think.

                            Radical man, I desire to keep my humanity :D

                            Life is overrated: the prognosis is poor and it invariably ends in death ;)

                            With silicon, you last as long as you're plugged into your solar panel and the sun remains. Never have to sleep or eat. Thinking is always clear as a bell. Won't need a calculator or spell check for anything. Would be plugged into the grid and instantly know everything that is known. It might get boring after a while though, but we could play games where we dumb ourselves down to have an opportunity to relearn at a slower pace. That kinda reminds me of what is going on now in the universe :-"
                            Serendipper
                            Philosopher
                             
                            Posts: 1381
                            Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

                            Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                            Postby encode_decode » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:40 am

                            Serendipper wrote:Life is overrated: the prognosis is poor and it invariably ends in death ;)

                            I dont think life is overrated but I do agree with the rest of what you are saying here.

                            Serendipper wrote:With silicon, you last as long as you're plugged into your solar panel and the sun remains. Never have to sleep or eat. Thinking is always clear as a bell. Won't need a calculator or spell check for anything. Would be plugged into the grid and instantly know everything that is known. It might get boring after a while though, but we could play games where we dumb ourselves down to have an opportunity to relearn at a slower pace. That kinda reminds me of what is going on now in the universe :-"

                            I find the last piece of what you have written here to be quite deep - the bit that I have highlighted in blue - it takes my mind away from my shallow moments of just existing. It makes me feel connected to all of existence somehow. I do think however that without the rest of what you wrote the scene would have not been set for it. I appreciate it.
                              Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

                              Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
                              (James S Saint)


                              It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
                              (Anomaly654)


                              Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
                              (Myself)
                              User avatar
                              encode_decode
                              Philosopher
                               
                              Posts: 1202
                              Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

                              Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                              Postby Serendipper » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:00 am

                              encode_decode wrote:I find the last piece of what you have written here to be quite deep - the bit that I have highlighted in blue - it takes my mind away from my shallow moments of just existing. It makes me feel connected to all of existence somehow. I do think however that without the rest of what you wrote the scene would have not been set for it. I appreciate it.

                              If you could model any universe you wanted, you'd eventually model this one ;)
                              Serendipper
                              Philosopher
                               
                              Posts: 1381
                              Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

                              Re: Future together in the face of the technoworld.

                              Postby encode_decode » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:41 am

                                Backing up a little to revisit feminine strengths.

                                I pulled these off of a simple search in google:

                                • Intuition. Let's start with some clinical realities. ...
                                • Pain threshold and tolerance. Of course, this is subjective in many ways. ...
                                • Patience. ...
                                • Emotional focus. ...
                                • Compassion. ...
                                • Networking. ...
                                • Creativity. ...
                                • Part of female strength lies in asking for help.
                                There might be a couple that have already been mentioned. The one I wonder about is whether females would be good and helping males to network if the males were willing to listen. Following are what I pulled off of a website:

                                • Collaboration
                                • Calm Under Pressure
                                • Attention to Detail
                                • Openness
                                • Intuition
                                • Empathy
                                I see a couple here already mentioned and overall I see attributes that men are not good at, at all.

                                :-k
                                  Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

                                  Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
                                  (James S Saint)


                                  It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
                                  (Anomaly654)


                                  Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
                                  (Myself)
                                  User avatar
                                  encode_decode
                                  Philosopher
                                   
                                  Posts: 1202
                                  Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

                                  PreviousNext

                                  Return to Philosophy



                                  Who is online

                                  Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]