Future together in the face of the technoworld.

You know, it is such a difficult question for me to answer so feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong.

1. I think women have strengths in empathy - even so much to say that a woman can empathize with a man easier than another man can.
  2. I think women can pick up on inconsistency quicker than men even if they can not easily verbalize it because it maybe subconscious.
  3. Women seem to have a deeper sense of justice than men << I could be wrong here though.
  4. Women are able to bring a situation into a sense of balance when allowed to.

I have more to add here and I will add more as we get further into the thread. I think a civilized world should include the powers of women as well as men.

Also: I may not have offered the best examples of women’s strengths but I am tired, so sue me :laughing:

Gee - you have hammered me with this one. I was more or less talking about the political agendas of some mainstream news outlets and the total bullshit coming out of some of the alternative news outlets.

Science on the other hand has always partaken in rubbish, mainly to increase research dollars - the truth must be embellished(polite word for bullshit).

Yes I should have reworded the part about all of us adoring every last mechanical progress to something like: it is easy to perceive that most people seem to adore every last mechanical progress especially in the city.

Sad but true. I think we have gone too far down the rabbit hole to return now. I like to think that we will not lose our ability to make decisions but I see your point here. It is whoever controls the technology that we should be most concerned with most - but I am sure I am not saying anything you dont already know phyllo.

I’m looking forward to that and I agree. Even as a woman, I find my question regarding a woman’s strengths difficult for woman have not explored all that we may excel at. I think women have higher pain thresholds, more endurance, and a better sense of balance physically and abstractly.

What is the purpose of the political agenda or is it agendas?

Is science embroiled in the political agenda/s?

First I will approach the political with a broad sword rather than a scalpel.

That I believe is one of the most difficult questions to answer because the actions taken by media tend to be subtle in the mainstream - not so subtle in the alternative outlets however. Each company has it’s own political agenda and this would include media companies.

A snippet from Wikipedia: Media bias in the United States occurs when the US media systematically skews reporting in a way that crosses standards of professional journalism. Claims of media bias in the United States include claims of liberal bias, conservative bias, mainstream bias, and corporate bias. A variety of watchdog groups combat this by fact-checking both biased reporting and unfounded claims of bias. A variety of scholarly disciplines study media bias.

This leaves us at the mercy of the watchdog groups which usually have their own agenda and bias. Before rolling out an improvement to a framework, we need to comprehend that people are inclined to accomplish an option rather than nothing. “Intervention Bias makes us likely to introduce changes that aren’t necessary in order to feel in control of a situation”. The situation to be controlled is the neutrality of the bias. Either way somebody wins because no-one is perfect.

Unfortunately science is embroiled in the political agenda/s, sometimes directly and sometimes indirectly but either way these days science is affiliated with politics and political decision making - this certainly applies here in Australia. I read in an article something that goes like this: science is the pursuit of knowledge, knowledge is power, and power is politics. Generally the scientific establishment is funded by government which means it is funded by the people but the people do not get much of a say in what research gets to be conducted, this becomes the domain of policy makers and you guessed it the policy makers involved in politics which usually furnish the pockets of companies through products born from scientific research just to condense it a little.

That is just for starters.

Men are turning into women and women into men. The sexes are converging, which may be construed as feminizing from a masculine perspective.

Technology has enabled thinner women to have babies easier which shifted what was considered a sexy body type from Michelangelo-ian to slender and lean.

Modern dentistry has changed selection of desired faces as well.

Round faces have more room for teeth while narrow faces could indicate calcium deficiency (poor bone formation) during fetal development due to heath or environmental problems suffered by the mother. I’ve read that condition can be passed down through the subsequent generations as well. Anyway, narrow faces weren’t sexy before technology for obvious reasons, but now people seem to favor them.

There was also a study done online correlating the heathcare ranking of a nation to the preferred faces in terms of masculinity by women. I forgot whether women in nations with good healthcare favored masculine or feminine men, but that’s ok since I just wanted to show that technology changed something. If women select more-feminine men in nations with better healthcare, then it’s obvious how men are going to evolve.

The evidence is overwhelming. Women are catching men in sports as further confirmation of their increasing masculinity. More women are entering into tech while the need for blue-collar manly type jobs diminishes. The incentive to be a super-hunk wanes while women are increasingly going for the goober-types.

Once we have the technology to grow a fetus outside the womb, then it will be a political/legal/ethical issue that will invariably relieve women of the burden of carrying a child just like abortion did. After that, women will lose the ability. Maybe sex itself will eventually disappear as sex-identify becomes increasingly meaningless and if so, then the gentialia will whither. There is no sense in being sexually attracted to someone of one’s own sex anyway, since we’d all be the same sex at that point, so no reason to have sex. Technology will probably replace the pleasure aspect of it, somehow, and more reliably and consistently, I’m sure.

If I have to hazard a guess, I’d bet by our standards today that people are going to be quite ugly in the future… or at least not at all sexy.

I have no idea what we should do. I can only tell you what will happen if we do something.

Women are better at empathy.

Men are systemizers
Women are empathizers.

Autism is has been defined as extreme-male.

Men and women really have nothing in common, but that’s why they complement each other in surviving, but if tech eliminates the natural selection forces, then there is no reason to complement and instead they find common ground and converge.

All I’m doing is extrapolating in a straight line, but who knows what variables will popup in the future.

Btw, everyone will be white in the future since we wear clothes and stay indoors too much (no UV light). I don’t see that trend reversing.

Whoever conceived the Greys (aliens) put a lot of thought into it. Big heads, little bodies, little mouth, white skin, unisex. Babies grown in labs under ideal conditions for growing a brain much too large for a woman to bear, probably genetically engineered and free of defect, they probably will live a long time and won’t need to reproduce much. But, again, that’s a simple extrapolation and can’t possibly take into account incalculable happenings, like the solar system drifting into a spiral arm or the earth precessing on its axis or flipping the magnetic field (which is due soon), diseases, political, who knows.

Interesting Serendipper - I would never have thought to take the conversation in that direction.

I will consider what you are saying and have a response for you - but expect that I will go off in yet another direction.

What I am trying to achieve here is a realistic picture of the future as it stands at this minute.

That of course would change. There are things we can not change and there are things we can ready ourselves for.

At the moment we have men, women and technology!!!

WendyDarling

I seemed to have missed a part of what you were saying regarding new innovations - my sincere apologies for that. I want to experiment a little here by taking us a little off track and involving space in the picture as it seems humans are going to space no matter what. I will bring the conversation back to something more normal after this.

I promise :wink:

I totally agree with you here. The current way we as the human race are making decisions is full of flaws. The governments are hardly making our decision making powers as individuals efficient and corporate responsibility seems to be a buzzword for making more sales in my opinion.

What are your thoughts on space exploration Wendy? I am curious to know what a person like you thinks about this.

I always thought that space would be a better place for some industry and research, than the earth, as a younger man, but I am now starting to question this myself - I mean we have to be realistic here, there are some things that are going to go ahead no matter how we feel about them.

Serendipper

I would also be interested in your thoughts on what I just posted to Wendy in my last post.

:-k

About litter or space exploration? Yeah I think we should explore space. We should go to Mars then drill out a big core and look for life. And there’s probably something living on Venus since it’s so close to an energy source.

I hate litter. I don’t think the planet cares, but it just looks trashy. Anyone caught littering ought to have to pay a fine in terms of collected litter from the roadside and any citizen who catches someone littering on camera ought to get a reward from the recycled material collected by the violator. If there is no litter to collect, then they can remove invasive plants paid in tonnage by the Ag dept which goes to the person who caught the offender.

Litter is a huge problem, as is land fill - I have always had this dream that we could recycle everything.

I am sure that we could recycle everything if we had the right technology to do so.

So much trash now is trash simply because it can not be recycled.

Have you seen the people in India picking through trash and sorting every button, bottle cap, piece of plastic as a way to make a living? It’s sad.

We could recycle if it were monetarily worth it. In other words if the cost of making new things exceeded the cost of recycling, but I suppose we’re not there yet. It’s easier to make new plastic than dig up the landfill recovering old plastic. And now we make plastic that photo-degrades, so a few years in the sun and it’s gone. That’s the Jacque Fresco type solution to the problem. He had a lot of good ideas.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJqPfUHhho[/youtube]

You may want to check into the Venus Project. It’s right up your technological alley. He proposed no laws, but technological solutions to remove the need for laws. No money either and more abundance than you could imagine. I studied it for a couple years, but I’m not sure if it would work or not.

Just curious, how do you guys feel about getting a womb transplant and gestating/birthing your own baby?

google.com/amp/s/theconvers … tate-80581

Very interesting idea Pandora and highlights how far we have come technologically. I think the idea of womb transplants are a great idea especially for women who can not conceive by their own means. As for me however - being heterosexual I have never considered the idea for myself. I have three children already and I love them very much. One of my children identifies as being transgender, another as being bisexual and the other as heterosexual. So my children are a mix of … well whatever term you want to apply to it.

From a young age I wanted children and was so happy when I was able to help conceive them.

The want for children for me was very great - would I want a womb transplant so that I could conceive them myself? I would have to say no. My philosophy on this whole thing is a bit mixed - but then it seems to me that the world is a mixed up place. I do not think we have come far enough to work out whether two men having a baby together is right or wrong - I think the debate will rage on for a while to come - the same goes for two women. First we need to work out whether mixing our species up the way we are attempting to do right now is the right thing to do.

Meddling with the causality of nature could very well be our undoing - I just do not think we know enough yet to say.

Idk, this is beginning to seem like some kind of fetish considering the degree to which this is overboard, and that raises the ethical question of using babies as objects of fetish. It’s one thing to put on a skirt and prance around like a weirdo, but to shove a baby up up an ass just so it could be shit back out in order to fulfill some fantasy essentially equivalent to “playing house” seems like taking perverted liberties with innocence.

How can a child identify as transgender? Or do you mean the child is an adult?

I have no idea how anyone identifies as transgender, let alone a child. The child is nearly an adult where the other two are both adults. It could be the case whereby the child is just confused or even some sort of mental problem - that is what I mean about the world being a mixed up place.

No one is willing to settle on what is right or wrong anymore.

I will say it again: Meddling with the causality of nature could very well be our undoing - I just do not think we know enough yet to say.

I have a feeling our current worldwide culture(generally speaking) is out to defeat itself.

It brings me to my next thought - what good are rules if nobody can agree on the rules to have - what good is individuality and celebrating it so much when it seems to be destroying what we once were - should we or should we not follow nature and our obvious design and why sit on our hands wondering about it all.

Mammalian sexuality specializes on divergence and creating difference. This is the obvious case with humanity. Sex is producing more and more, exponential specialization. Races are mixing, for better or worse. Some are remaining white and maintaining “white privilege”. As technology increases and information accumulates, specialization will speed up.

That’s all I see about the future, more specialization.

Well I agree with most if not all of what you just said.

A child plays house. An adult makes an important life decision. Other than that, there is no difference. I think the role of the parent is to introduce life-consequences to children without them actually having to suffer consequences that are too harsh because the child may not be aware of the consequence of sticking his fingers in an electrical outlet, for instance, or deciding they will be a man or woman for life when they don’t have that capacity to make that decision. Heck, I don’t even think people are equipped to decide if they should be married at an age of less than 30 because nobody knows what they want at a younger age.

Right and wrong is subjective but surely there is an age that is too young to know what they want and therefore probably shouldn’t be granted the opportunity to make decisions with grave consequences, but then again there is a view that if kids want to eat laundry detergent, then we should allow the stupid to exterminate themselves. It’s all subjective.

Well, my perspective is that it’s all a game or play anyway, so none of this is terribly serious.

Success is its own undoing. I know this for sure: if you have a pine forest, one bug can leave you with a barren field. Anytime in nature that you collect together one species too similar then it will be wiped out.

I suppose too many rules are better than no rules.

Where is individuality? I don’t see that at all, but only people copying each other. I am the only individual I know.

Everyone thinks different in an effort to be just like each other:

Work with the grain of nature or against it if you want to lose.

Serendipper

First let me just say that you make some very good points - mature ones at that. There is something wrong with our culture however.

It is very difficult for me to disagree here without taking away objectivity. So I will divert the conversation – For us to succeed in a techno-world we are going to have to change our attitudes to fit in with it because there is not going to be enough land for those of us who want to farm for a hobby or start communes or continue other little dreams that require land or situations of the past - one thing we know for certain is that the world does nothing but change, in fact that is the nature of everything.

The population is going to increase << no-one will be able to stop that. We might fail in the end but the end is hundreds of years off not 10 or 20 as some would have you believe. Resources will change, not become scarce. Ways of doing things will change because of it. We as adults need to make important life decisions.

We need to face reality together and leave behind the doomsday BS.

Right and wrong is subjective only to a certain extent - seven billion humans could jump out of aeroplanes at 3000 metres and they would all surely die - that I believe is objectively true and right - and we would be allowing seven billion stupid people to exterminate themselves.

You are kidding right? Nah I am just kidding - lol - We only have to push over one domino to make the others fall and perhaps that first domino has already fallen.

You say success is its own undoing but this clearly is dependent on a few things - why would an ant colony fail if the conditions were always perfect? The answer is because the ants might have gotten lazy.

I loved the Think Different picture - I thought that made a very clear statement. =D>