Content Producers

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Content Producers

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:53 am

The biggest flaw of this forum/website is that there are no leaders and content producers. Nobody is really saying anything remotely-new. It's all boring, bullshit, same-old, same-old. Most of the thinkers are not versatile, meaning, you cannot change your ideas or style of thinking. You're predictable. Predictability is boring. You keep talking the same shtick over and over again.

I shy away from the leadership position myself, because, I've tested the waters before, and really, it's just a waste of my time. In order to have good, thought-provoking Philosophy discussions and forums, you need the right people assembled. And this website simply doesn't have it. Maybe in the future, a couple dozen new faces, young intelligent males will join, and begin actually doing a bit of philosophy, but until that happens, this place will remain dead and devoid. Everytime I click on this forum, hoping for something new, something challenging, I'm disappointed. Again, there are no 'leaders' here. There is nobody far enough above-average.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1179
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Content Producers

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:14 am

Having a mind that is flexible, "open", is essential to philosophy, at least at first.

As adulthood and maturity sets in, minds and ideas "cement" into place. Individual thinkers become stuck in a rut, a predictable line of thought. This represents more of the "Religious" style of thinking. People cling to predictability and routine because they represent, falsely, a sense of safety and security. This is how popular ideals dominate the masses, to this day. Thus most people, including the people of this website here, represent these majority-styles of thought. People call it "common sense", a common wisdom. It is low-level, and mostly practical.

However these low-level styles of thought do not necessarily "test the water". They do not necessarily ask good questions, or any questions at all. They are not inquisitive. They are not philosophical.


Philosophy is about exploration, challenging, and adapting to reality, to existence. Most of the so-called "thinkers" here, on this forum, should not be taken as examples or looked-up to. They/You should not be praised. Because you have achieved little, if anything at all.

You haven't started asking the 'right' questions, to the 'right' people.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1179
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Content Producers

Postby Serendipper » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:46 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:The biggest flaw of this forum/website is that there are no leaders and content producers.

Then step up and produce some content.

Nobody is really saying anything remotely-new.

“The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.”

Most of the thinkers are not versatile, meaning, you cannot change your ideas or style of thinking.

Dogmatic? Bullheaded? Yeah.

I shy away from the leadership position myself, because, I've tested the waters before, and really, it's just a waste of my time.

That's a contradiction of your first assertion because if it's a waste of time to be a leader, then the biggest flaw of the board isn't lack of leadership.

In order to have good, thought-provoking Philosophy discussions and forums, you need the right people assembled.

Very true!

And this website simply doesn't have it.

Birds of a feather flock together so be who you want to attract and other birds will land next to you.

Maybe in the future, a couple dozen new faces, young intelligent males will join, and begin actually doing a bit of philosophy,

The old dogmatics have to get out of the way first.

but until that happens, this place will remain dead and devoid.

"The forest is always empty if you're a poor hunter."

Everytime I click on this forum, hoping for something new, something challenging, I'm disappointed.

I posit that the problem is you think you're right on everything and aren't open to discussion, but only seek conversion and are disappointed when it doesn't happen... and you've recognized your effort as futile and are therefore no longer challenged.

Again, there are no 'leaders' here. There is nobody far enough above-average.

If everyone were above average, then that would be average and you'd complain about that.
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Content Producers

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:42 am

You looking for young intelligent males?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25450
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Content Producers

Postby Prismatic567 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:50 am

You are,
A Slave to One's own Expectation = Sufferings!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=193871

I believe you lacked experience and wisdom.
If you have enough experience and wiser you ought to know the limitation of such a forum which is opened to all sort of people who are not expected to have certain minimal standard of philosophical qualifications to join. As such one should expect a range of qualities [the good, the bad and the ugly] on the contents posted.

If you want high quality philosophical contents you should join a forum or group whose members are professional philosophers or have expertise in philosophy where you can post your philosophical papers for peer review.

It would be helpful if you can show some examples of your high quality work and approach in your postings. So far, I have not read of any of 'high' standard from you.

As for me I am here to express my views within the rules of this forum. It is up to anyone to use there discretion to participate in responding.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: Content Producers

Postby Serendipper » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:52 am

Prismatic567 wrote:You are,
A Slave to One's own Expectation = Sufferings!

Lots of truth to that! I'm suffering from that too :-?

If you have enough experience and wiser you ought to know the limitation of such a forum

"Such a forum"? What is it about this forum that makes it "such a forum"? Ah, the members. Urwrong said the members are stupid and that's the problem. So what we need is some super-pretentious academia types gracing the board and for us simpletons to get out of the way.

If you want high quality philosophical contents you should join a forum or group whose members are professional philosophers or have expertise in philosophy where you can post your philosophical papers for peer review.

The only thing lacking in any one of us to be called a peer is indoctrination and sesquipedalian dialect. :geek:

It would be helpful if you can show some examples of your high quality work and approach in your postings. So far, I have not read of any of 'high' standard from you.

Yeah he's no where near snooty enough to be called professional. :techie-studyingbrown:
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Content Producers

Postby encode_decode » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 pm

There are plenty of forums around and it is likely that they suffer from the same problem. There are also plenty of trolls around and I do not think they make things any better. One could start their own forum and see if it arrives at the same situation.

I think ILP is great.

:D
    Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

    Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
    (James S Saint)


    It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
    (Anomaly654)


    Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
    (Myself)
    User avatar
    encode_decode
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 1192
    Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

    Re: Content Producers

    Postby Silhouette » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:32 pm

    How can it be a waste of time to be a leader and produce content?

    Even assuming "nobody here is far enough above-average", one of the most valuable things in the real world is to become familiar with how non-versatile thinkers react to your content because they make up the majority of the world in which you have the potential to be a leader and manifest the content that you can produce. I come here to test out arguments on whoever has an interest in philosophy - I'm sure I don't have to try hard to convince you that the usual kind of people you come across in the offline arena are both ill-equipped and uninterested in deep thinking.

    You reveal a lot about why you're here through saying what you have said. You're here to alleviate boredom, you wish to learn from leaders and content producers or at least be inspired by others rather than through your own means, indicating that you acknowledge at least some lack in your own ability to create - potentially the real reason why you don't produce content here, for which you are perhaps making excuses and blaming others rather than yourself? I'll leave that one to you, I don't like to assume. It's not anyone's job to entertain you, and personally if I were uninspired by a place, without skipping a beat I would just think more on something that was interesting me by myself until it was worth sharing, or time to see what others think about it initially independently of my input.

    I don't produce frequent content here, but I do produce it when so inspired. I don't force it or post half-baked ideas just for the sake of frequency of content production. Nor do I, for one, fall into the category of "not far enough above average", as you seemed to cotton onto in the gun thread. Being officially in the top 1-2% in IQ I am instead used to being the most intelligent person in the room, and I would hazard a guess that most others here are at least above average on the same scale - sure there may be one or two below, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one or two were on the same level as me or maybe even higher. I'm not saying quality philosophy and creativity are necessarily implicated by intelligence, but I don't think there's much doubt that they are at least somewhat correlated. For me, it's basically all I've thought about, constantly for half my life. I think you are a little quick to judge this forum so sweepingly.
    User avatar
    Silhouette
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 3381
    Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
    Location: Existence

    Re: Content Producers

    Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:12 am

    To Urwrongx1000,

    Philosophy Now Forum produce their own paper with interesting articles usually written by the sort of people you are promoting to drive this Forum, noted writers, philosophers, academics.

    Granted there are some very interesting topics presented on their Forum, but I have noticed that the interest to respond is thin compared to topics created by the riff raff (LOL).

    Perhaps a visit to that Forum is long overdue, you may enjoy yourself immensely and be taken seriously.
    The man that walks his own road, walks alone

    Old Norse Proverb
    User avatar
    A Shieldmaiden
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 1979
    Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

    Re: Content Producers

    Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:54 pm

    Serendipper wrote:Then step up and produce some content.

    I already have, countless times. I dominated this board for a long period of time, and still do, whenever I find the inclination to return.


    Serendipper wrote:That's a contradiction of your first assertion because if it's a waste of time to be a leader, then the biggest flaw of the board isn't lack of leadership.

    It's a waste to be a leader to lambs, when you could be a leader to lions.


    Serendipper wrote:Birds of a feather flock together so be who you want to attract and other birds will land next to you.

    Unfortunately that's not true, with philosophy. On this forum particularly, mostly degenerates are attracted to here, and I am the opposite.


    Serendipper wrote:The old dogmatics have to get out of the way first.

    Most, here, are too deeply embedded into the old dogmatic humanist ideologies, Judaeo-Christians, Abrahamic.

    To most here, "world" means human-centric, purely from the inside of human civilization. To me, however, "world" means far, far beyond human walls.

    My "world" is all Existence, to the "end" of the universe.


    Serendipper wrote:"The forest is always empty if you're a poor hunter."

    The forest is always empty if a plague has ravished all the life within it.


    Serendipper wrote:I posit that the problem is you think you're right on everything and aren't open to discussion, but only seek conversion and are disappointed when it doesn't happen... and you've recognized your effort as futile and are therefore no longer challenged.

    No, my problem is that I'm wrong and there are no philosophers around to show me the errors of my ways, leaving me alone and responsible for my mistakes.

    I'm very open to discussion. But few have ever been willing. I have the track record to prove it. I pressed for countless debates, never received anybody willing.


    Serendipper wrote:If everyone were above average, then that would be average and you'd complain about that.

    Yes
    Urwrongx1000
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 1179
    Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

    Re: Content Producers

    Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:54 pm

    Mr Reasonable wrote:You looking for young intelligent males?

    I'd prefer young intelligent females, but, they're non-existent in philosophy.
    Urwrongx1000
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 1179
    Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

    Re: Content Producers

    Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:57 pm

    Prismatic567 wrote:You are,
    A Slave to One's own Expectation = Sufferings!
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=193871

    I believe you lacked experience and wisdom.
    If you have enough experience and wiser you ought to know the limitation of such a forum which is opened to all sort of people who are not expected to have certain minimal standard of philosophical qualifications to join. As such one should expect a range of qualities [the good, the bad and the ugly] on the contents posted.

    If you want high quality philosophical contents you should join a forum or group whose members are professional philosophers or have expertise in philosophy where you can post your philosophical papers for peer review.

    It would be helpful if you can show some examples of your high quality work and approach in your postings. So far, I have not read of any of 'high' standard from you.

    As for me I am here to express my views within the rules of this forum. It is up to anyone to use there discretion to participate in responding.

    On the contrary, the "academic" or "professional" philosophers are a lot worse than those on this forum, and other forums. I've been inside the walls of academia. That "philosophy" is built on pure theory and conjecture. Dusty tomes. Tombs. Dead philosophies, discussed until the end of time. They are lifeless catacombs, filled with the living-dead.

    The philosophy I've always aimed for, always, is living philosophy. Flesh and blood philosophy. Real wisdom.

    Here's the thing. If any human on this planet had a genuine interest in Philosophy, then they would be here, or have passed through here already. So my threads are like a net, waiting to catch some of them.

    Those who are honestly philosophical, will come here without instruction, without being led. They will have come of their own accord and determination.


    Because they "love philosophy".
    Urwrongx1000
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 1179
    Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

    Re: Content Producers

    Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:57 pm

    encode_decode wrote:There are plenty of forums around and it is likely that they suffer from the same problem. There are also plenty of trolls around and I do not think they make things any better. One could start their own forum and see if it arrives at the same situation.

    I think ILP is great.

    :D

    Your standards are very low.
    Urwrongx1000
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 1179
    Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

    Re: Content Producers

    Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:03 pm

    Silhouette wrote:How can it be a waste of time to be a leader and produce content?

    It's more a waste of time when there's no interaction, or that you have to wait 10 or 20 years, before your content receives the adequate attention. Philosophy is an artform, and so suffers from latency. Like "rediscovered" artists after they're long dead, paintings resold for hundreds of thousands of dollars. They were "nobodies" while alive. Death made them valuable. So their works could be taken, stolen, passed around, much easier.

    That's how philosophy works too. Philosophers are "rediscovered" after death. So their ideas, words, thoughts, can be striped, stolen, passed around to the general public.

    Like how it is with Nietzsche.


    Silhouette wrote:Even assuming "nobody here is far enough above-average", one of the most valuable things in the real world is to become familiar with how non-versatile thinkers react to your content because they make up the majority of the world in which you have the potential to be a leader and manifest the content that you can produce. I come here to test out arguments on whoever has an interest in philosophy - I'm sure I don't have to try hard to convince you that the usual kind of people you come across in the offline arena are both ill-equipped and uninterested in deep thinking.

    Lol, no, conversing with morons is like philosophizing with a child. It's not difficult. It's rather easy to push and pull others around (philosophically), by force if necessary.


    Silhouette wrote:You reveal a lot about why you're here through saying what you have said. You're here to alleviate boredom, you wish to learn from leaders and content producers or at least be inspired by others rather than through your own means, indicating that you acknowledge at least some lack in your own ability to create - potentially the real reason why you don't produce content here, for which you are perhaps making excuses and blaming others rather than yourself? I'll leave that one to you, I don't like to assume. It's not anyone's job to entertain you, and personally if I were uninspired by a place, without skipping a beat I would just think more on something that was interesting me by myself until it was worth sharing, or time to see what others think about it initially independently of my input.

    Well, I mainly want to see another leader/content producer, as I have done in the past. I don't want to be the only one doing it, around here. And those who are most vocal here, keep spamming the same ideas, thoughts, conversations, the same routines. So this is a goad into the direction of "new" areas, if possible. However the versatility I speak of, maybe only possible with new blood, new faces, new minds.

    People become quickly invested in their (flawed) ideologies. They cling onto mistakes, even after exposing it to them, philosophically.


    Silhouette wrote:I don't produce frequent content here, but I do produce it when so inspired. I don't force it or post half-baked ideas just for the sake of frequency of content production. Nor do I, for one, fall into the category of "not far enough above average", as you seemed to cotton onto in the gun thread. Being officially in the top 1-2% in IQ I am instead used to being the most intelligent person in the room, and I would hazard a guess that most others here are at least above average on the same scale - sure there may be one or two below, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one or two were on the same level as me or maybe even higher. I'm not saying quality philosophy and creativity are necessarily implicated by intelligence, but I don't think there's much doubt that they are at least somewhat correlated. For me, it's basically all I've thought about, constantly for half my life. I think you are a little quick to judge this forum so sweepingly.

    I have a lot of experience here. I've used another username before. So this isn't my first rodeo.
    Urwrongx1000
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 1179
    Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

    Re: Content Producers

    Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:04 pm

    A Shieldmaiden wrote:To Urwrongx1000,

    Philosophy Now Forum produce their own paper with interesting articles usually written by the sort of people you are promoting to drive this Forum, noted writers, philosophers, academics.

    Granted there are some very interesting topics presented on their Forum, but I have noticed that the interest to respond is thin compared to topics created by the riff raff (LOL).

    Perhaps a visit to that Forum is long overdue, you may enjoy yourself immensely and be taken seriously.

    As mentioned above, I'm not looking for "academic" or "professional" philosophers, per se.

    And I've already tested the metal of Philosophy Now forum. Very unimpressed.
    Urwrongx1000
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 1179
    Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

    Re: Content Producers

    Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:43 pm

    I can't see you following the lead from anyone.

    You have zero respect for most of the human race. There is one person though who you seriously debate with and in some ways respect, perhaps you could return there for an indefinite period.

    I always thought carefully before replying on that Forum as there are some interesting questions raised, different perspectives, the difficulty there is maintaining some sort of longevity without being thrown into the dungeon, or gagged. I can't recall the reason you left.
    The man that walks his own road, walks alone

    Old Norse Proverb
    User avatar
    A Shieldmaiden
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 1979
    Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

    Re: Content Producers

    Postby WendyDarling » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:36 am

    He didn't leave, he runs the dungeon there. He's currently slumming it with his net casting skills.
    I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

    I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

    Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
    User avatar
    WendyDarling
    Heroine
     
    Posts: 7116
    Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
    Location: Hades

    Re: Content Producers

    Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:56 am

    I respect highly intelligent and reasoned thinkers. Because reason is the one trait, if any at all, that truly separates man from beast.

    It's unfortunate to see so little of it.
    Urwrongx1000
    Philosopher
     
    Posts: 1179
    Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

    Re: Content Producers

    Postby encode_decode » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:16 am

    Urwrongx1000 wrote:Your standards are very low.

    You speak of reason, yet you offer me no reason for your opinion on my standards being very low.

    :-k
      Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

      Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
      (James S Saint)


      It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
      (Anomaly654)


      Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
      (Myself)
      User avatar
      encode_decode
      Philosopher
       
      Posts: 1192
      Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

      Re: Content Producers

      Postby WendyDarling » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:18 am

      Gloominary has released several topics that are on the fresher side and Joker, aka Zero_Sum, has several current events topics threaded. Prismatic is adding material in the Religion section, otherwise, it's real slow around ILP regarding newer ideas.
      I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

      I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

      Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
      User avatar
      WendyDarling
      Heroine
       
      Posts: 7116
      Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
      Location: Hades

      Re: Content Producers

      Postby encode_decode » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:21 am

      WendyDarling wrote:Gloominary has released several topics that are on the fresher side and Joker, aka Zero_Sum, has several current events topics threaded. Prismatic is adding material in the Religion section, otherwise, it's real slow around ILP regarding newer ideas.

      I do wonder why it is slow around here at the moment.
        Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

        Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
        (James S Saint)


        It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
        (Anomaly654)


        Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
        (Myself)
        User avatar
        encode_decode
        Philosopher
         
        Posts: 1192
        Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

        Re: Content Producers

        Postby WendyDarling » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:21 am

        Life seems to be more agenda driven in this technological age than ever before, philosophers are following suit rather than broaching expectations.

        I think that philosophers are trying too hard to shape public perceptions of current events, that they too are caught up in the demanding times with a sense of a larger responsibility to all of humanity rather than operating independently of the current cultural climate. Philosophy itself has become entrenched in a media driven sense of responsibility for common man's every perception, to save the unsavable. Philosophers of today have become town criers.
        I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

        I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

        Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
        User avatar
        WendyDarling
        Heroine
         
        Posts: 7116
        Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
        Location: Hades

        Re: Content Producers

        Postby encode_decode » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:40 am

        WendyDarling wrote:Life seems to be more agenda driven in this technological age than ever before, philosophers are following suit rather than broaching expectations.

        Yes, that is true and I would add that agenda driven life may be robbing your life of authentic conversations.

        WendyDarling wrote:I think that philosophers are trying too hard to shape public perceptions of current events, that they too are caught up in the demanding times with a sense of a larger responsibility to all of humanity rather than operating independently of the current cultural climate. Philosophy itself has become entrenched in a media driven sense of responsibility for common man's every perception, to save the unsavable. Philosophers of today are town criers.

        Philosophers tend to work backward from a deliberate, desired future - a bit like business and government. Wishing for total alignment and engagement with a particular philosophy, I think has now become counter-productive and rules out innovative philosophy.

        So when you walk into a situation with your own agenda and the rest of the age is engaged in a common agenda then your work becomes more difficult.

        I dont even know if I am making sense for crying out loud.
          Neosophi | HOME | FORUM

          Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony
          (James S Saint)


          It’s not that truth itself is being eroded per se, it’s that fragmental falsification appears to be increasing.
          (Anomaly654)


          Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion.
          (Myself)
          User avatar
          encode_decode
          Philosopher
           
          Posts: 1192
          Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

          Re: Content Producers

          Postby WendyDarling » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:49 am

          How often do folks engage in authentic conversations anymore without an agenda? Just to see what develops? And how do you gauge and incorporate highminded thinking into everyday interactions?

          en_de,

          What's the current common agenda?
          I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

          I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

          Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
          User avatar
          WendyDarling
          Heroine
           
          Posts: 7116
          Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
          Location: Hades

          Re: Content Producers

          Postby Serendipper » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:23 am

          Urwrongx1000 wrote:
          Serendipper wrote:
          Urwrongx1000 wrote:The biggest flaw of this forum/website is that there are no leaders and content producers.
          Then step up and produce some content.

          I already have, countless times. I dominated this board for a long period of time, and still do, whenever I find the inclination to return.

          If you are leader and content producer, then problem solved? :confusion-shrug:

          Serendipper wrote:That's a contradiction of your first assertion because if it's a waste of time to be a leader, then the biggest flaw of the board isn't lack of leadership.

          It's a waste to be a leader to lambs, when you could be a leader to lions.

          Can you lead lions? It seems as if instead of being doctor to the sick, you want to doctor the healthy. If anyone needs leadership, it's this stinking lot :lol:

          Serendipper wrote:Birds of a feather flock together so be who you want to attract and other birds will land next to you.

          Unfortunately that's not true, with philosophy. On this forum particularly, mostly degenerates are attracted to here, and I am the opposite.

          What attracts the degenerates?

          Serendipper wrote:The old dogmatics have to get out of the way first.

          Most, here, are too deeply embedded into the old dogmatic humanist ideologies, Judaeo-Christians, Abrahamic.

          Yeah I was born into it. I know what you're saying... I'd like to stumble upon a congregation of Asian Buddhists or Indian Hindus just to switch it up, but I've found no such group. Every group is christian or anti-christian.

          To most here, "world" means human-centric, purely from the inside of human civilization. To me, however, "world" means far, far beyond human walls.

          My "world" is all Existence, to the "end" of the universe.

          Maybe at the onset of an argument you should define your terminology. Semantics is often a stumbling block to discussion.

          Serendipper wrote:"The forest is always empty if you're a poor hunter."

          The forest is always empty if a plague has ravished all the life within it.

          Good one :lol: Well, in that case it's time to plant some seeds!

          Serendipper wrote:I posit that the problem is you think you're right on everything and aren't open to discussion, but only seek conversion and are disappointed when it doesn't happen... and you've recognized your effort as futile and are therefore no longer challenged.

          No, my problem is that I'm wrong and there are no philosophers around to show me the errors of my ways, leaving me alone and responsible for my mistakes.

          I'm very open to discussion. But few have ever been willing. I have the track record to prove it. I pressed for countless debates, never received anybody willing.

          Well it's like that discussion you and I had about "freedom = free from laws". You seemed determined to assert the overarching validity of that statement even if it meant shooting down my objection that "freedom" must be defined differently than what most people imagine it to mean.

          Most folks associate freedom with not being attacked by random roving gangsters and it's law and order that mostly-guarantees that freedom, but if you define freedom as being free from law, then you're going to be right by definition, but wrong by every other definition and popular conception.

          I just wanted a "oh yeah, good point", but instead you seemed to pound the table harder and dig in. So maybe people don't want to debate you because it's a game they have no shot at winning. You will always find some way of skirting the statement, "oh yeah, good point!" At least throw people a bone.
          Serendipper
          Philosopher
           
          Posts: 1260
          Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

          Next

          Return to Philosophy



          Who is online

          Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]