Reexamining Sex

Sex sells, so this is sure to become a popular thread.

However I want to delve into the nature of sexual attraction, for this thread.

“Beauty” is a popular topic of ancient philosophy and wisdom. It has long been discussed among the wise. I want to see if there are any ‘new’ insights to be had.

Concerning the nature of sexual attraction, I have a hypothesis, that it is most strongly correlated to the biological, family unit. Thus, on average, people are going to be sexually attracted to images of their own parents, as long as people generally have a ‘positive’ relationship and upbringing. In other words, like begets like. And people who are ‘positive’, will want to reproduce the essence of what they are. Meanwhile, nihilists on the other hand, people who hate themselves, or hate their parents, or hate their family, will want to produce otherness and something foreign.

My hypothesis is that it is in this way, that likeness is attracted to its own (kin)d first, and then everybody else second. When people are attracted to what looks unlike them, then this can be considered a flaw, or ‘nihilistic’ (self hating) tendency.

This applies to racial-purity (homogeneity) along with race-mixing (heterogeneity).

An example of Homogeneity would be areas and countries of relative racial ‘purity’. Norway comprised of white europeans, china comprised of east asians, or sudan comprised of black africans. Within these areas, racial homogeneity is very important and a sign of social class and privilege. Foreigners and ‘mixed’ people are a liability, something negative, untrusted. Areas of racial/ethnic homogeneity are very important as different human races represent specialization. Biologically, this means that distinct human races and breeds are (pro)created with the specific purposes, accorded to each individual environment. Thus east asians are climatized to their east asian geographies, as are native americans, africans, europeans, and the like. Although different races may occupy similar climates, they can never occupy similar histories. Because it is human history, around the world, that originally separated race an caused racial differences, resulting in specializations.

However the underlying hypotheses remain true. People are (sexually) attracted to their own kind, by how racial purity would be a boon and benefit to any individual. Thus you would be welcome into an area where you are most akin, and unwelcome in areas where you are dissimilar and different than the locals.

Because people have a natural instinct and compulsion to trust in their own images.

This will be the first major point of the thread.